Driftmania (sec. Vid)

• Thread starter Dr.Insane
  • 22 comments
Hey man what the F@ck is this all about??
Are you on drugs or so?? :ill:
Explain yourself man?? :confused: :confused:

edited by moderator: took out off topic quote

76Mb for a 5min webcam video!!! You're crazy man.

Your drifting is good. But the car shows too much under/oversteer. After watching the setting, it isn't unballanced (at first sight), but I think that's a matter of the car not you or your skills.

I've posted a setting of the same car. Try it, I'm sure you'll drift better. Let me know if I'm right or wrong.

Woah, huge file. Not bad, but Sheron is kinda right. I've used his settings, well, a variation of his settings, and they work pretty good for me. Try em out, and keep practicing, hopefully see a new vid from ya soon. 👍

xsquizet-drifte
what the f@ck is wrong with you swift come in here please and do something

One, don't go around the swear filter

Two, my fault. It's tough to look at every single active thread. Feel free to use the REPORT button when stuff like that comes up.

Thanks.

im not trynna be rude but next time u post a video on here dr.insane u might wanna save in a less big of a file ok? i mean for a 5:34 minute video i think and 73.8mbs for it? and all u get is a crappy quality which u couldve painly n simply still wouldve got the same results if u saved in a smaller file... i know webcam or whatever ur using sucks just like mines but please u dont have to save in such big of a file... hope to see u start saving it in smaller file... thanks :sly: ;)

Sheron
76Mb for a 5min webcam video!!! You're crazy man.

Your drifting is good. But the car shows too much under/oversteer. After watching the setting, it isn't unballanced (at first sight), but I think that's a matter of the car not you or your skills.

I've posted a setting of the same car. Try it, I'm sure you'll drift better. Let me know if I'm right or wrong.

Thx Sheron! i wil try the setting as soon as possible. 👍
But why is it unballanced exactly?
Is it becouse of a peace of the vid that looks so?
I think i can go really sideway's without braking out or so??
Have you tested the setting of Nruel? (+stage 3 + Rollcage)
Mabe i can give you more anwere's if you are a bit more precise? (sorry for my bad english,i'm from Holland so...)
Let me hear it please.
Ow! my DFP is @ 200degree so mabe thatswhy my countersteering is good to see?!?!
But i'm also a bit dissapointed in you guys.
I know that the vid is a little bit big but i it would be nicer if you were not moaning about that and give me some comments/info about the vid and my drifting.
What is 80mb these day's,if i download it i have it in under 5 min,and also this is my first edited vid so.....
Did that btw with Movie Maker.
But thx for the comments,sofar what i saw about it is positive. :) ;)

ok that was random manuel, but back on topic nice vid man is that song from the new system of a down cd, keep up the drifting.

No this is from the cd Toxicity.

Weard thread this is, m8 I realise it now too, and you have unbalanced settings because you can see that your countersteering is very...........well very unbalanced, you keep swinging the countersteer from right to left and right to left in a matter of a few seconds.

I know what they mean but I must say I VERY much liked the video!!! Why is everybody so......negative or short in their posts lol:lol:?

Dr.Insane
But why is it unballanced exactly?

First: Weight Reductions. The car is already light, I made the stage one but I think it was a bad idea.

Second: Always buy rigidity and roll cage. Don't ask me why, the car drifts much better and further.

Third: Let's check Nruel's setting:

You have to buy the following upgrades :

Economy Tires (N1) Since the car is pretty modded, light and "powerful" it's better to use a better grip tyres. At least N2

Settings :

Brake Controller: 10 Fr 18 R

Suspension:
Spring Rate 9.2 Fr 9.6 R
Ride Height 92 Fr 100 R Why more at the back?
Shock Bound 7 Fr 7 R
Shock Rebound 8 Fr 8 R The higher, the grippier the tyres are.
Camber Angle 3.0 Fr .7 R
Toe Angle 0 Fr 0 R
Stabilizers 3 F 2 R This kinda unballance the car. Try 1/1.

Tranny: Auto Setting 9

Driving Aids: All Off

LSD: Here's the big problem. Setting up the LSD in the right way is almost impossible. Just buy a 2-way LSD.
Initial Torque 25
LSA 50
LSD 10

Sheron
First: Weight Reductions. The car is already light, I made the stage one but I think it was a bad idea.

Second: Always buy rigidity and roll cage. Don't ask me why, the car drifts much better and further.

Third: Let's check Nruel's setting:

You have to buy the following upgrades :

Economy Tires (N1) Since the car is pretty modded, light and "powerful" it's better to use a better grip tyres. At least N2

Settings :

Brake Controller: 10 Fr 18 R

Suspension:
Spring Rate 9.2 Fr 9.6 R
Ride Height 92 Fr 100 R Why more at the back?
Shock Bound 7 Fr 7 R
Shock Rebound 8 Fr 8 R The higher, the grippier the tyres are.
Camber Angle 3.0 Fr .7 R
Toe Angle 0 Fr 0 R
Stabilizers 3 F 2 R This kinda unballance the car. Try 1/1.

Tranny: Auto Setting 9

Driving Aids: All Off

LSD: Here's the big problem. Setting up the LSD in the right way is almost impossible. Just buy a 2-way LSD.
Initial Torque 25
LSA 50
LSD 10

Ok cool thx for the explain Sheron! 👍
I changed the height myself till 100/100 becouse its dumb that way yeah!
Also buyed the roll cage becouse i think the car is more stable and reacts faster.
But thatswhy he has set the shock rebound @ 8 becouse of the N1 tires i think.
Tested your settings and indeed i steer better(better controlled),but its hard for me to get thet right angle to drift a whole turn with it?
I think its becouse of the grip,becouse i've got a lot of grip with driftin but i can't feel te car good when its gonna break out in the back??
So in a matter of a finger snip it just break out and i can't do anything about it?
So it looks like i've got too much grip??
So schould i set the rebound till 4 or mabe 3?
And what about the stabilizer or springs?
Set the stabilizer @ 2 or 3 to get that more controll over the car in a turn,and a little less grip?
Or schould the weight be higher than,as you allready said?
Have you seen that i drive with the DFP @ 200degree....??
Mabe thatswhy my countersteering is good to see?
Mabe you can give me some more advise Sheron?
THX

Lots of questions

its hard for me to get thet right angle to drift a whole turn with it?

Practice

I think its becouse of the grip,becouse i've got a lot of grip with driftin but i can't feel te car good when its gonna break out in the back??

You need practice to learn how to break traction form a grippy car.

So in a matter of a finger snip it just break out and i can't do anything about it?

What?

So it looks like i've got too much grip??

No, it's all practice.

So schould i set the rebound till 4 or mabe 3?

It isn't necesary.

And what about the stabilizer or springs?
Set the stabilizer @ 2 or 3 to get that more controll over the car in a turn,and a little less grip?

Setting the stabs up, make the car have less body roll. So it has less "capability" to initiale the drifts.

Or schould the weight be higher than,as you allready said?

Ballast

Have you seen that i drive with the DFP @ 200degree....??
Mabe thatswhy my countersteering is good to see?

In some areas you make a so quick steering movements that I thought you were using DS2.

Mabe you can give me some more advise Sheron?

Here you are.

Hahaha ok......short and direct answered..... :scared:

A finger snip!.....i just mean "fast,in a tenth of a sec" (stil Dutch so....;) )

Setting the stabs up, make the car have less body roll. So it has less "capability" to initiale the drifts.

What do you mean exaxtly?

In some areas you make a so quick steering movements that I thought you were using DS2.

I thought the DFP @ 200 degree has a shorter range than a DS2?!?!?
Anyway.....LOL :)
But THX again Sheron for the info. 👍
Ill just practice more with this setting to drift a clean and long turn.

Well DR.Insane, it looks like your progressing.
If you keep posting up vids, and edit them in your first post all the time instead of starting a new thread, you can eventually look back at this and say: I'VE LEARNED ALOT SINCE THEN:P

It's cool to see you KEEP asking things, just to REALLY understand it:tup:
Keep drifting and trying out new settings.

and try 900 degree on times, you'll have much more controll;)

Back