Drivatar

• Thread starter dolande
  • 9 comments
So Forza it’s been out for some time now and I’ve read a couple of good comparison of the different physics between Forza and GT4 here in the planet. Now want about the drivatar. A lot of folks complain on how dumb b-spec Bob can be :dunce: . It’s the drivatar any better, I mean does he REALLY drive like you do? If this is the case then drivatar racing in Forza has a lot more to it than b-spec since you can see how your guy is doing. :rolleyes:

the "DRIVATAR" is kinda like the B-SPEC in GT4 but much better. your DRIVATAR learns how to drive based on how you drive, you have to run 3 laps on 5 tracks and you get graded on how well you take the different turns, and that data is then compiled and your DRIVATAR is born.

you can also watch your DRIVATAR drive any car you have, train him/her on any track, and probobly the best part is the ability to drive HEAD TO HEAD against your DRIVATAR.

DRIFT GOD
the "DRIVATAR" is kinda like the B-SPEC in GT4 but much better. your DRIVATAR learns how to drive based on how you drive, you have to run 3 laps on 5 tracks and you get graded on how well you take the different turns, and that data is then compiled and your DRIVATAR is born.

you can also watch your DRIVATAR drive any car you have, train him/her on any track, and probobly the best part is the ability to drive HEAD TO HEAD against your DRIVATAR.
Holy crap; I've got to try that.

Thanks DRIFT GOD. So if I consistently miss the apex of a particular curve or go out of the track at a particular spot, will the drivatar commit the same mistake? If that’s the case then is really good and a lot better addition to the game than GT4 b-spec.

You have to go into the Drivatar section to train your drivatar. Then you do something not unlike license tests and the drivatar learns from that. After you've completed the tests you can get any of your cars and take it out on any track and teach the guy some more.
If you drive really badly and your skill statistics take a dive you can simply choose to discard them and keep your old stats.
Also, the drivatar learns differently with each car you drive with. For instance, if you take your guy for a spin in a 300kw Subaru, he'll get better with AWD cars. But if you then go enter a race in a 600kw Dodge Viper he won't be able to handle it so well (if at all).
It's quite well implemented but sometimes the stats you get don't directly affect how well you raced. Still much better than b-Spec mode though....

Chris Criswell
I never used the Drivatar when I played Forza.
same. Every time I try and train him I get worse ratings, even running clean and fast laps. I believe it takes points away from me for being able to not let off the gas when the ideal line is telling me to brake.

Back