Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,349 comments
Order placed. I can't wait.
Was anyone in your test group using standard Fanatec pedals with a Basherboard PF1, or a set of CSR pedals with the PF1 Barebones circuit board?

This is what I am using with my Fanatec CSR pedals...
http://www.basherboards.com/PF1_BB
This replacement circuit board has been a Godsend!

I don't believe anyone was, but I can't see why it wouldn't work as this is still producing all the same signals out of the pedals.

@DriveHUB your support is not responding to my emails. Is there a possibility for you to ship to Lithuania (I see you ship to Latvia)?
GIMX is working fine for me but extra fanatec support intrigues me.

Thanks for the link, but its also in USD and costs more than on the website mentioned in the first post. Even then: when i click calculate shipping and enter my postal code it says: 'There are no shipping methods available. Please double check your address, or contact us if you need any help'.

Anyone from the Netherlands or maybe Belgium that can tell me where to get the DriveHub?

Worldwide shipping is available from the CronusMAX store: http://shop.cronusmax.com/drivehub.html

@DriveHUB your support is not responding to my emails. Is there a possibility for you to ship to Lithuania (I see you ship to Latvia)?
GIMX is working fine for me but extra fanatec support intrigues me.

Lithuania has now been added as a shipping option

Last edited by a moderator:
The website says: PRE-ORDER'S BEING ACCEPTED NOW - FIRST SHIPMENT DUE TO ARRIVE END OF AUGUST
With my order basically being placed this morning, I'm probably looking at a delivery during the first full week of September. It would be nice if it comes sooner though, but I most likely got to wait. Heck. They probably aren't going to process my order until tomorrow anyways. After that, I'm waiting on that big, slow brown... Truck?

LOL.

And another video of it in use:

I didn't have my wheel rotation set quite right so it's not quite 1:1 mapping, but you can see the responsiveness. It is only supporting PS4/XBox One at present, although there have been some questions around using it with PC as well.

So then my CSR will be working with a PS4... Then i will buy one for GT Sport. Nice :)

I will buy it if I see it working in a video with a G25 on the ps4. So if anyone has that configuration, please share your experiences.

1)The new DriveHUB is simply an adapter "Hub" where you plug your "old" or "incompatible" wheel into one USB input connection, and then it emulates the other wheel. Unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't appear to allow you to use multiple USB devices and combine them into one "Fake" Logitech G29 wheel. I know I'm in the minority, but there are a few of us that do have several different USB devices that we use on PC, and with GIMX, it allows us to combine them all into one "virtual" Logitech G29 or G27. Are there any plans to implement this feature into the DriveHUB?
the DriveHub can and does do exactly that.. User can take their favorite wheel, pedals, shifter and handbrake and merge them all into one virtual device..

2)Does the driveHUB allow you to remap any of the "Fake" or "Emulated" Logitech G29 wheel's buttons or axis? With GIMX, I can remap and assign any of the buttons/functions from ANY of my USB devices, and map them to ANY virtual button on the "Fake" Logitech wheel. So if for example there is a function assigned to a certain button in say, GT Sport that I'm not comfortable with, I can re-arrange that function and assign it to any other button on the emulated wheel. If I'm using a Fanatec wheel and I don't like where the game placed its Reverse button on my shifter, I can move it over to another "gear" on the shifter if I want to.
DriveHub doesn't remap buttons, simply because a lot of the games tested already allow you to do that internally, and it was not deemed a priority in the development phase... If it were to become apparent that users wanted it, we can reconsider it in the future...

3)Matlo is planning on releasing a version of GIMX that will allow us to adjust the force feedback *independent* from the game's own FFB effect. In other words we will be able to adjust the strength of several FFB effect parameters such as Centering strength, Constant effect strength and Dampening strength. I'm very excited about these features in particular.
This is something that was mentioned a few times in the beta testing. Although it sounds like a useful feature, it was wasn't pursued to 2 reasons.
1. as with the button mapping, this is already catered for in most of the games..
2. its not technically possible, more and more of the games don't send multiple effect the way the used to... more recent titles have their own physics engine and work out the wheel force directly and apply 1 force to the wheel. In the "olden days" the game would send Spring, Damper, Force, rumbles etc etc.... I imagine it got too difficult to deal with all the different wheels and varied performance across the range of possible effect...
My point being there is no way to extract the individual forces, adjust them and put them back in.

4)Last but not least, this is probably considered an insignificant benefit, but GIMX supports emulation of the G25/G27 on the PS3, unlike the DribeHUB. Yes the PS3 is an old console now, but I'm willing to bet a few of us still enjoy using it to play older racing games such as GT5, Daytona USA, etc. For me personally, I'll never stop enjoying racing games on my PS3. To be able to play Ridge Racer 7 with my Leo Bodnar wheel alone makes GIMX worth it :)
DriveHub doesn't currently have a PS3 mode, it was deemed a priority in the development phase to concentrate on the current consoles... If it were to become apparent that users wanted it, we can reconsider it in the future...

I will buy it if I see it working in a video with a G25 on the ps4. So if anyone has that configuration, please share your experiences.

FYI you can already do this with the CronusMAX PLUS if you want to get an idea of how it will work with the Drive Hub. There's plenty of videos on YouTube. Here's one we did ourselves last Summer using a G27 when announcing the PS4 Wheel Edition Feature:

Here's a few from other users I found on Youtube:

Hope that helps :)

With my order basically being placed this morning, I'm probably looking at a delivery during the first full week of September. It would be nice if it comes sooner though, but I most likely got to wait. Heck. They probably aren't going to process my order until tomorrow anyways. After that, I'm waiting on that big, slow brown... Truck?

LOL.

As soon as the stock arrives EVERYONE'S order will be processed and shipped within a couple of days.

Last edited:
I am very happy to see that the G27 (and thus also the G25) work with previous Chronomax components. Thing is, I don't have a ps4 yet. I am running Assetto Corsa and Dirt Rally on my thinkpad with the G25.

Once the first customer experiences are solid, I will get the ps4 and the drivehub.

Kudos for consumers with older wheels, however I'm quite skeptical that licensed wheel manufacturers won't pressure the console manufacturers to release firmware to block this.

Kudos for consumers with older wheels, however I'm quite skeptical that licensed wheel manufacturers won't pressure the console manufacturers to release firmware to block this.

From my perspective. If the Drive Hub works, and a comparison between an older wheel and a new wheel proves that the new wheels are a notable improvement; then I am sure a lot of people with older wheel will want to upgrade. They would have a more legitimate reason than, the platform holders forcing them to upgrade if they want a wheel.

For example, if the FFB detail is much improved on a G29/G920 over a G25, then upgrading from a G25/G27 to the licenced wheels just became desirable. And that would be a more compelling reason than being forced to "get it; or else, nothing!"

Preventing this from working would be a mistake. It would probably take a lot of effort to block, and would most likely cause issues with licensed wheels at some point. And the end result would be to anger some potential customers who may get a licensed wheel, but will definitely buy racing games on the console.

Last edited:
I am very tempted to purchase this, but I'll wait and hope for PS3 and PS2 support, as I love playing some retro racing games.

If Sony blocks this, then GT Sport's FIA championship thing will be a dud. There simply won't be enough people with wheels. GT Academy worked because you had Logitech, Fanatec (G27 mode) and Thrustmaster support.

I've a G27 fully working with a RPI and GIMX, but I would like to see how G27 works with XONE. If it works same way GIMX does I'll buy the drivehub.

I hope someone could try and give some impressions.

Regards

I recently purchased an xbox one S since they are getting so cheap ahead of the xbox one x sales. Now I see that Forza 5 is free with gold next month. Since I have a T300 for my ps4, this device is looking pretty interesting.

@DriveHUB Weirdly, I'm not able to get a quote for my adress in Quebec, Canada. I was able to get one before, but your website doesn't find a shipping solution anymore. Any way to look into that? :)

If Sony blocks this, then GT Sport's FIA championship thing will be a dud. There simply won't be enough people with wheels. GT Academy worked because you had Logitech, Fanatec (G27 mode) and Thrustmaster support.

This has been thoroughly debated on GTP for a very long time since PS4 came out. I think most of those who were pissed off with incompatible Logitech wheels have either bought a new one or completely moved on.

I think you underestimated the amount of people with PS4 wheels. And more importantly with the imminent launch of new wheels by Thrustmaster for PS4 and XBox One, they will be very active getting Drive Hub blocked to ensure that their sales and investments are protected.

Anyway, good luck for those that are looking to revive their old wheels.

...I'm quite skeptical that licensed wheel manufacturers won't pressure the console manufacturers to release firmware to block this.

It's reasonable to guess that they might do this, as like you said they may lose potential sales otherwise.

If Sony blocks this, then...
...with the imminent launch of new wheels by Thrustmaster for PS4 and XBox One, they will be very active getting Drive Hub blocked...

It's not reasonable to merely assume that they "will" be doing this, seeing as there's no actual evidence on how Thrustmaster (or any of the other licensed wheel manufacturers) feel about it. Anyway, if you'd read what @DriveHUB wrote on page three of this thread you'd quickly realize Sony won't be able to block it anyway.

CronusMAX is over 5 years old and because of our authentication technology, it can't be stopped...

Due to how we authenticate the controllers using original hardware, they have never and can never be "patched out".
I'll say again, it won't be blocked. Hopefully that message will get across now as I see it repeated quite a bit.
Original controllers are used for security authentication and that is why our crossover converters have always been legal and unblockable.

Last edited:
So I have a fanatec CSWv2 setup with
  1. Clubsport F1 Rim
  2. BMW GT2 Rim
  3. CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1
Should I get rid of #3 if I plan to buy one of these adapters for use on the XB1X?

Mad1723,

The Competition package seems like one hell of a deal. Will you be getting the CSL Loadcell for the CSL-Elite pedals, or is that going to happen later?

So I have a fanatec CSWv2 setup with
Clubsport F1 Rim
BMW GT2 Rim
CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1
Should I get rid of #3 if I plan to buy one of these adapters for use on the XB1X?
If you already have a P1 rim, then you don't need the drivehub. If you want to use all of the above for the PS4 or you can't stand the P1 rim, then yes. Sell it and get the adapter.

Mad1723,

The Competition package seems like one hell of a deal. Will you be getting the CSL Loadcell for the CSL-Elite pedals, or is that going to happen later?
I got the load cell upgrade with it. Couldn't pass it up, considering it's a must have.

My first load cell brake pedal, can't wait to try it out. G27 to T300 to CSW V2.5. All thanks to this nice little dongle that will let me use it wherever I want!

Can anyone confirm this definitely already works with every racing game on PS4 that supports wheels? Only asking because I have been using GIMX in the past to make my CSR work, and although my wheel has been out of action for a couple of months now (waiting on parts to fix it), it should be back up and running fairly soon, and I'm not looking forward to setting GIMX up again (old laptop died, got a new one, so I'd have to download and set up GIMX again from scratch).

If this adaptor already works with every wheel compatible PS4 racing game, then I'll buy it, simply for the ease of use compared to GIMX.

Back