Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,376 comments
You get a $30 discount with the Elite Pedals, but once you switch the pedals (even if getting more expensive), the discount is gone.

Oh believe me mate, I've been practically living at that website nowadays :lol:.

If you select the CSL Elite PS4™ Starter Kit for PC and PS4, you save $29.95
https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/bundl...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

Click on configure and add LC pedals Loadcell kit and you save $59.95 - Total $629.90.

Not sure why you lose the discount..

If you select the CSL Elite PS4™ Starter Kit for PC and PS4, you save $29.95
https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/bundl...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

Click on configure and add LC pedals Loadcell kit and you save $59.95 - Total $629.90.

Not sure why you lose the discount..
I know this already.

The CSL Elite Pedals are back ordered for a month. If you replace them with the more expensive Clubsport Pedals (which are in stock now), they don't honor any bundle discount.

I know this already.

The CSL Elite Pedals are back ordered for a month. If you replace them with the more expensive Clubsport Pedals (which are in stock now), they don't honor any bundle discount.
Try emailing them, they are usually quite helpful, when I got my PS4 CSL, the offer was for free pedals, I ordered the base and forgot the code, but they honored it after I emailed....

I finally put up a beta f/w 2.0.4-beta.09
this version includes a new function to deal with FFB protocol for TM wheels on PS4, for the 6 games I mentioned previously and probably anything that comes along in the future...
this now deals with the effects that create road noise, rumble strips, grass, over steer etc... there is also a new set of HE sim sprint pedals and a bunch of IDs for the new Fanatec bases and rims.
I looks forward to your feedback and any questions..

Last edited:
I finally put up a beta f/w 2.0.0-beta.09
this version includes a new function to deal with FFB protocol for TM wheels on PS4, for the 6 games I mentioned previously and probably anything that comes along in the future...
this now deals with the effects that create road noise, rumble strips, grass, over steer etc... there is also a new set of HE sim sprint pedals and a bunch of IDs for the new Fanatec bases and rims.

Great news, really looking forward to trying this when i get home tonight!

Thanks @Podger

I finally put up a beta f/w 2.0.0-beta.09

do you mean f/w 2.0.4-beta.09?

[edit]
wheel: Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer
pedals: Thrustmaster T3PA- Pro
game: GTSport

i have had theTS-PC Racer wheel & drivehub for about a month now and i have installed the f/w 2.0.4-beta.09. i was going to post about things but this beta arrived so i have tested it for 20 laps and a 5 lap race at the new track.

this f/w has fixed the heavyness of the FFB on the wheel, before it was heavy to turn especially turning to the left (FFB on 4) but this has gone now. it is quite loose now compared to before. Thumbs up!

when a race is started my wheel used to have a fit spinning left & right until i got hold of it and could feel massive force as if FFB was stuck on 10, once the race started it would go away. now this is also gone (only tested on one race will try more later). Thumbs up.

with this f/w i get more feedback from kerbs etc... Thumbs up!

will test some more later and report back.

thanks
ZR

Last edited:
so have spent some time testing this out. The steering is still nice from the previous beta (i run at 4FFB on GT Sport) I have no idea what sensitivity is mean to do tho...

the feedback from the road, kerbs and running off track is much, much better! :)

The only thing outstanding, and this might be to do with the GT Sport game rather than the drivehub, is when you're turning in and the car begins to lose grip there's a horrible vibrating sensation. I previously thought this was to do with the muted FFB feeling in the previous firmware but it is still there.

It's the only game i've noticed it on (albeit the only game i use the drivehub for) but on xbox there's no sign on f1 2018, dirt rally 2 or FH4.

Could someone confirm if this is indeed present in the game with all wheels? it's really noticeable and it sounds like its doing all sorts of horrible things to the wheels internals!

thanks @Podger great work

The only thing outstanding, and this might be to do with the GT Sport game rather than the drivehub, is when you're turning in and the car begins to lose grip there's a horrible vibrating sensation. I previously thought this was to do with the muted FFB feeling in the previous firmware but it is still there.

Could someone confirm if this is indeed present in the game with all wheels? it's really noticeable and it sounds like its doing all sorts of horrible things to the wheels internals!
This is from the game and you can not do anything to remove it.
Understeer Rattle Effect (Poll-Only for Wheel Users)

so have spent some time testing this out. The steering is still nice from the previous beta (i run at 4FFB on GT Sport) I have no idea what sensitivity is mean to do tho...

the feedback from the road, kerbs and running off track is much, much better! :)

It's the only game i've noticed it on (albeit the only game i use the drivehub for) but on xbox there's no sign on f1 2018, dirt rally 2 or FH4.

thanks @Podger great work

i never had the horrible chatter before this beta f/w, i have only had the hub and wheel for a month and was on f/w 2.0.3.
since this beta i get the horrible chatter not so much when turning my wheel right but really feel it when turning my wheel left it's as if the wheel is on the car body work scraping. when i turn my wheel right it kicks in around 90 degree rotation, when turning left with my wheel it kicks in around 120 degrees ans it is no where near as bad

another thing is every so often i lose ffb and brakes barely can reach 1/4 on the gauge and have to restart my hub . has happen twice today so far today ans once yesterday.

i never had the horrible chatter before this beta f/w, i have only had the hub and wheel for a month and was on f/w 2.0.3.
since this beta i get the horrible chatter not so much when turning my wheel right but really feel it when turning my wheel left it's as if the wheel is on the car body work scraping. when i turn my wheel right it kicks in around 90 degree rotation, when turning left with my wheel it kicks in around 120 degrees ans it is no where near as bad

another thing is every so often i lose ffb and brakes barely can reach 1/4 on the gauge and have to restart my hub . has happen twice today so far today ans once yesterday.

Ah yes you’ve just reminded me. On a couple of occasions the wheel has gone completely loose on me. This only happened at the race began, never mid race.

A few times mid race the acceleration has gone funny. Like i’m constantly letting off then getting back on. It corrects itself eventually.

I didn’t have to restart my hub on either of these issues.

I'll see if I can find a way to look into those issues. I don't have a TS-PC in my collection. I'm looking for someone with a TS-PC + th8a, i want to grab some info if anyone is willing, please pM

VBR
On PS3 with the G29 set to PS3 mode, the FFB is quite tight & distinct around the centre, even more so in GT Sport on PS4. Using the CSR in PS3 mode on PS3 in GT6 produced similar results. However, when I use the CSR via DriveHub on PS4 in GT Sport, the FFB around the centre of the wheel is quite light & vague. Also, I have to turn the wheel slightly more around the centre to get the same level of steering as the G29. The CSR feels this way in Assetto Corsa & GT Sport but doesn't feel this way on PS3 in GT6.

@Podger - Have you looked into this yet, & if so any luck finding out what the issue is?

VBR
@Podger - Have you looked into this yet, & if so any luck finding out what the issue is?
what happens when you use the CSR in ps3 mode on drivehub, or even in pc-mode but with fanalogic enabled ... I'd imagine the issue stems from the fact that you are presenting as a CSL which is 4.5 Nm but you wheel is like 1.5 to 2.0 Mn

what happens when you use the CSR in ps3 mode on drivehub, or even in pc-mode but with fanalogic enabled ... I'd imagine the issue stems from the fact that you are presenting as a CSL which is 4.5 Nm but you wheel is like 1.5 to 2.0 Mn

I never been able to get the CSR into PS3 mode with Drivehub, & I only ever use it in Fanalogic mode so it has nothing to do with the torque differential between it & the CSL.

As I said, the G29 feels fine in GT Sport, but when the CSR is using the G29 driver via drivehub the wheel is not tight around the centre. The CSR is fine otherwise, so it's not an issue with the wheel itself, it works fine in other games. The problem only presents when using the CSR via DriveHub.

I'll try getting it onto PS3 mode, then afterwards using the CSL driver, & see what happens...

Joined the club today by ordering my Drivehub.
Thanks to support for all the prompt email replies.

Use.
DD1(inc, Sq shifter connected to base) + HE Pro pedals with Xbox 1 X. (Forza 7).

Will report if works ok. Sure it will.

@Podger - Tried it in both PS3 mode & PC mode on PS4 with GT Sport & Assetto Corsa & it felt pretty much the same. I also tested it on PS3 via DriveHub in PC mode, then without DriveHub plugged straight into the PS3 & once again it felt the same. I don't think it's an issue with DriveHub.

Ah yes you’ve just reminded me. On a couple of occasions the wheel has gone completely loose on me. This only happened at the race began, never mid race.

A few times mid race the acceleration has gone funny. Like i’m constantly letting off then getting back on. It corrects itself eventually.

I didn’t have to restart my hub on either of these issues.

you are right
I'll see if I can find a way to look into those issues. I don't have a TS-PC in my collection. I'm looking for someone with a TS-PC + th8a, i want to grab some info if anyone is willing, please pM

i dont have the th8a (yet) else i would

I have a really weird problem. Two DS4s, one "normal", one GT Sport limited edition. When I plug the normal controller into the DriveHub everything works, every time. When using the GT controller it works on the first playing session, on the second one (the PS4 having been completely shut down in between) it calibrates the wheel and the DriveHub display begins doing the endless figure eight pattern. I'd like to alternate between the DS4s so that one of them wouldn't be frying its battery at the end of the power cable all the time.

No idea what's causing it because a DS4 is a DS4, or is there something I should know?

Hi just got a deivehub today and use it with my

ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1
CSL Elite Pedals
the display on the drive hub say 0 not running 8
did i miss something or shot i not sat 8 ?

CSL Elite Pedals
Zero is ok as long as when you connect the usb it detects the wheel

CSL Elite Pedals
It should do a running 8, when you have your wheel base off, while the DH is plugged in. When your wheel base finishes its startup, it should change into a 0

@Podger
I am still using the beta f/w 2.0.4-beta.09 and wondered what the flashing lights in the video mean.
This happens when i start up the PS4 and it does not see my TS-PC Racer wheel, a restart of the drivehub fixes it but i just wondered what these lights mean.

@Podger
Hi.
I'm on Xbox one x with a Thrustmaster TS-XW racing wheel + T3PA pedals (+ TH8A)

But I would like to get the Fanatec clubsport v3 pedals instead of the T3PA.

But someone told me that the vibration when you're bracking doesn't work with drivehub.

Is that true ? Or can I buy your adapter ?

Thanks,

@Podger
I am still using the beta f/w 2.0.4-beta.09 and wondered what the flashing lights in the video mean.
This happens when i start up the PS4 and it does not see my TS-PC Racer wheel, a restart of the drivehub fixes it but i just wondered what these lights mean.

Mine does that too every now and then. Usually only when I unplug it, and plug it back in too quickly. I then have to unplug it, wait like 5-10 seconds and plug it back in.

Only reason why I noticed it was, because I have to unplug then plugin my DH to get my rev lights to work on my F1 2018 LE Wheel, in F1 2019 while in game.

@Podger

I had that code and they replaced mine telling me it was the first one they had seen.

Were you having issues with your wheel locking up, throttle stuck and not responding?

I use Tx-sw and a fanatec shifter. Not sure if my info would be useful, but its close to what you're looking for.

Back