Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,354 comments
i just try the latest beta 2.0.4 beta 9 on dirt rally 2.0 (ps4), it looks very similar to the 2.0.2 on the ts-xw
and now i can use my two tss as before!
thank you very much for your work ;)

Hi ,

the code was DRIVE25 but I think it was a one day code through Instagram

Worth a try , I can't fault my unit at all and has made both my wheels work with both my ps4 and xbox one .

Well worth the money in my opinion.

I bought one of these its brilliant I can now use my T300rs ps4 wheel on my Xbox one X a cracking bit of kit IMHO.

VBR
Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

(see my review & score Drive Hub for yourself)

From Collective Minds, the clever people behind the CronusMax Plus PS4 Wheel Edition comes the Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter. "Drive Hub is a revolutionary, industry-first cross over gaming adapter that makes it possible to use virtually any Force Feedback Steering wheel on your Xbox One or PlayStation 4 gaming console...Our proprietary Gearbox technology instantly detects and configures your wheel to match either Xbox One or PlayStation 4, no complicated tuning or PC apps required just Plug and Play."

Compatible Platforms At Launch (updates in bold):
  • Playstation 4
  • Xbox One
  • Playstation 3
  • PC

Compatible FFB Wheels At Launch (updates in bold):
  • Logitech G25
  • Logitech G27
  • Logitech G29
  • Logitech G920
  • Logitech Driving Force GT
  • Logitech Driving Force Pro
  • Logitech Driving Force Ex
  • Logitech MOMO Racing Wheels
  • Fanatec Porsche Carrera
  • Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo
  • Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S
  • Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2
  • Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS
  • Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS v2
  • Fanatec CSR (+ Pedals)
  • Fanatec CSR Elite (+ Pedals)
  • Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base
  • Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2
  • Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
  • Fanatec CSL Elite (Both Xbox One & PS4 versions)
  • Thrustmaster T80
  • Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel
  • Thrustmaster TMX Pro
  • Thrustmaster T150 Pro
  • Thrustmaster T300 RS
  • Thrustmaster TMX Force Feedback
  • Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T300 (supports all 7 rims)
  • Thrustmaster T500RS (supports all 7 rims)
  • Thrustmaster TX Racing (supports all 7 rims)
  • Thrustmaster TS-PC
  • Thrustmaster TS-XW
  • Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel
  • Hori Racing Wheel

Compatible USB Accessories At Launch (updates in bold):

• Thrustmaster T.RJ12 USB Adapter
  • Fanatec ClubSport USB Adapter
  • Thrustmaster TH8A
  • Fanatec Club Sport V3 Pedals
  • Fanatec Club Sport V2 Pedals
  • Fanatec Club Sport V1 Pedals
  • Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals
  • Frex GP Shifter
  • Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals LC
  • Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals (Pedals require ClubSport USB Adapter)
Many more devices have been added since release; for an up to date list follow this link & then click on the "Specs" tab.

Have a request for a platform, wheel, accessory, or feature to be added? Then please visit; The Request Thread.

Play Mode (coming soon):

"As for Play Mode...quite simply it’s unrelated to Steering Wheel functionality [or] compatibility, it’s a feature we are implementing in the near future. It was necessary to cover in the manual as it is built into the very fibre of the product...Play Mode will unlock additional functionality for other devices once it is ready."

How & Where To Buy:

Enter the special promotional code GTPLANET10 at either the Collective Minds site or the Cronusmax site for 10% off your Drive Hub order.
WARNING: "Please be aware that you may be charged customs duties or taxes on your order by your local or federal government."
Worldwide shipping is available from both websites, so please work out for yourself what option is best for you personally.
UK/US/CA stock is available from the Collective Minds site (the CronusMax site is out of stock at the present time).
Free shipping is available from Collective Minds for UK, US, & Canadian buyers; just enter the correct code.

Useful Links:

drivehub_1.png

Kudos to @super_gt for posting this first here, but, I thought it deserved its own thread.

Hello,

I have now a fanatec csl-elite (ps4) and if I connect it to xbox I'm missing some buttons on the left side of the wheel. They are used as Brake + accelerator. I don't know why...

I tested it also with a xbox thrustmaster wheel + drivehub, the same result.

I thought to use the fanatec-mode could be the solution, but I don't get "F" or "L". My wheel shows "1" or "2" by toggling (blinking three times)... The converter shows by both by restart CSL-Elite... And at the end 0. Which one is now the correct fanatec mode? Both feels same by driving f1 2019.

Thank you!
Best regards,
Stefan

Hello,

I have now a fanatec csl-elite (ps4) and if I connect it to xbox I'm missing some buttons on the left side of the wheel. They are used as Brake + accelerator. I don't know why...

I tested it also with a xbox thrustmaster wheel + drivehub, the same result.

I thought to use the fanatec-mode could be the solution, but I don't get "F" or "L". My wheel shows "1" or "2" by toggling (blinking three times)... The converter shows by both by restart CSL-Elite... And at the end 0. Which one is now the correct fanatec mode? Both feels same by driving f1 2019.

Thank you!
Best regards,
Stefan
the newer rims with the oled display won't let me print F or L... so I print 1 for F and 2 for L

Ok, no problem. So I know I'm already on the right way and 1 is my count. :)

But I will not have a Chance to get the Buttons work correct, right? https://www.fanatec.com/eu-de/lenkr...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

Here I meaning specially the 3 left top Buttons. The left top is brake, the second no function and the third accelerator with drivehub in use.

The converter make the same also with the thrustmaster ts-xw on the xbox. Directly connected this wheel works correct, but no Option for my new fanatec. :lol:

Ok, no problem. So I know I'm already on the right way and 1 is my count. :)

But I will not have a Chance to get the Buttons work correct, right? https://www.fanatec.com/eu-de/lenkr...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

Here I meaning specially the 3 left top Buttons. The left top is brake, the second no function and the third accelerator with drivehub in use.

The converter make the same also with the thrustmaster ts-xw on the xbox. Directly connected this wheel works correct, but no Option for my new fanatec. :lol:
the quick guide shows them as 8, 9, 10 or L2, L3, R3....
these buttons dont exist on the xb1 API... DriveHub maps R2 and L2 as a digital gas and brake, this helps in some game where you are required to use the pedals to navigate the menus.... L3 does nothing.

Ok, thank you for your help. Then I will reconfigure my button-setting, because on ps4 I use this buttons for important things in F1 2019 and get by change to xbox in some troubles (PS4: L2 is for DRS, Xbox now brake)... So better use them for not so relevant things on ps4 and take them for xbox on a separate Controller... :D

Ok, thank you for your help. Then I will reconfigure my button-setting, because on ps4 I use this buttons for important things in F1 2019 and get by change to xbox in some troubles (PS4: L2 is for DRS, Xbox now brake)... So better use them for not so relevant things on ps4 and take them for xbox on a separate Controller... :D
I just had a look at the Formula v2 which is xbox compatible and again its the same useless mapping LT, LSB, RT

Xbox... :indiff:

But I will find a solution. I'm happy enough that the feeling of this fanatec is exactly the same on Xbox+Drivehub. That's the important thing for me. 👍

help needed.....i have a fanatec dd2 w/ csw formula v2 wheel w/ podium advance module, with heusinkveld sim sprint pedals & i connected everything using the drivehub with f/w 2.0.4-beta.09 but i can"t get my pedals working........the only way i can use my wheel if i put my dd2 on Comp V2.5 mode(does not work on PC)....connected my pedals in the accessory drivehub usb, wheel in the drivehub wheel/controller usb, xbox One X controller in the drivehub controller usb & connected my xbox One X to the last drivehub console usb........ the drive hub has an 0 on the digital display........I am currently playing f1 2019 , forza 7 & Forza Horizon 4.......I'M DONE WITH CONSOLES GONNA JUST HAVE TO FINISH MY PC BUILD.....Drivehub was a disappointment

Last edited:
I neeeeeeed helllpppp :bowdown:

Finally. I got drivehub updated with g27 on xb1.

Try to play
Dirt rally 1
Project car 2
Forza 7 demo

And i cant finish a lap with out spin out.
Always the last place.

In quick race mode only.

What is going on...

I m Using drivehub with g27.

I mean .. I was a fine driver in gt6 on ps3 with the same wheel.

Unless.... Gt6 trained me to be a complete noob.... In Racing game....that is.

Is there something wrong with the hardware or software setting that i need to fix? or it my skill.. which need fixing....
very disappointed.

I neeeeeeed helllpppp :bowdown:

Finally. I got drivehub updated with g27 on xb1.

Try to play
Dirt rally 1
Project car 2
Forza 7 demo

And i cant finish a lap with out spin out.
Always the last place.

In quick race mode only.

What is going on...

I m Using drivehub with g27.

I mean .. I was a fine driver in gt6 on ps3 with the same wheel.

Unless.... Gt6 trained me to be a complete noob.... In Racing game....that is.

Is there something wrong with the hardware or software setting that i need to fix? or it my skill.. which need fixing....
very disappointed.

its not clear to me if you think DH has and issue or not... You can test DH by using it on PS3 with GT6.. connect DH to PS3 and wheel to port 2, leave port 1 empty (no controller)..

its not clear to me if you think DH has and issue or not... You can test DH by using it on PS3 with GT6.. connect DH to PS3 and wheel to port 2, leave port 1 empty (no controller)..

Thanks podger.
by doing so.. i can test if Drive hub is functioning as it should you mean?

In fact.. it seem to me things are working... on the xbox1... but.. it is unplayable.. I cant tell if it is my skill or if something is wrong with my setup.

i am hoping some one who have G27/Drivehub/xbox1 might have similar experience can give me some guidance.

Got one a couple of months to resurrect my old Driving Force Pro for GTS. It did work out of the box, but then stopped working after a few days (would drop into neutral and couldn't change gear); however a firmware update fixed it and it's been great ever since. The only issue I have is the dead zone when the game puts it into 270? degree mode, but that's nothing to do with Drive Hub.

👍

Two months ago i buyed a drivehub. Ordered in the collective minds shop. Just 4 days later it was here in germany, surprisly shipped from uk insteed of canada, also no extra fees.
It works! :) fanatec dd1,v3 pedals & th8a shifter. Funny thing, a direct drive uncovers even more the poor ffb and physics of gt-s. It was no good experience. The understeer fake effekt in gt-s kills wheels! :D
It was more or less just a test if it works or not.
Great little device, it works very good.

Thanks podger.
by doing so.. i can test if Drive hub is functioning as it should you mean?

In fact.. it seem to me things are working... on the xbox1... but.. it is unplayable.. I cant tell if it is my skill or if something is wrong with my setup.

i am hoping some one who have G27/Drivehub/xbox1 might have similar experience can give me some guidance.

Podger sir!
I replaced the Micro Usb Cable to a different one, tested the drivehub/g27/xbox1 with Project Car 2 and Asserto. and EVERYTHING is fixed back on track.

So the answer is, it is not a WORK or NOT work situation
so with a poor Micro USB cable... THINGS partly working.. making it impossible to play.. like u are sort of working but not really.
Just try a different cable and things should be resolved.

now a suggestion to Collective mind. USB cable is dirt cheap anyway.... the package come with one cable.... might as well come with 1 more for the controller. Many people online complain about Drivehub weak Force Feed back... Imagine how much hassle can be removed by providing an extra cable right from the package.

I am now a happy customer and would share the news to all my online buddy.

Many people online complain about Drivehub weak Force Feed back...

Be sure you are in the right mode! First time i had weak and weird ffb too because i was in wrong mode on drivehub. :)
You can switch modes by press start+select combo on wheel. It will show the current mode on the little drivehub display.

:D:D:D

DD1 works with drivehub on Gran Turismo 6 PS3 lol

I cant belive it, it works!

I was bored and installed gt6 on my old ps3(it takes hours!!!)
Wanted to know if dd1 would work with gt6.
First time only navigation/buttons was working ingame, no steering no pedals no h-shifter.
Then i just replugged the drivehub, and omg...i can steer, i have ffb, pedals working, h-shifter working.
But there was a ugly centerspring somehow. I changed the ps4 pad to a ps3 pad, replugged drivehub, restarted the wheel and now...... IT´s working!!!
True ffb, it feels soo good, damn the ffb of gt6 feels even better than the gt-s thing LOL :)

In short: You fully can enjoy GT6 with a direct drive wheel on PS3

Drivehub is awesome :cheers:

does anyone have a DD2 and an XB1 compatible rim.. I have a feeling it has a different identity to the DD1.. It would be useful if I could get some data from the DD2..

VBR
@Podger - I have a feature request, but don't know if it's even technically possible.

Is there any way for you to remove the unrealistic & buggy understeer vibration effect in GT Sport with a DriveHub update?

Most people on GT Planet dislike it; https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/understeer-rattle-effect-poll-only-for-wheel-users.376839/
It’s actually been on my to do list to look into it... the only issue is see it that if I block that effect altogether then you loose most of the environmental effect like rumble strips etc...
Is this for all wheels or just 1 wheel in particular ??? It seems to me you should be asking Sony or poleophoney etc...

Have you got this wheel yourself, & if so would you be willing to provide some data via a USB capture?

Is anyone else with a Fanatec DD2 wheel up for some data capture?

It’s actually been on my to do list to look into it... the only issue is see it that if I block that effect altogether then you loose most of the environmental effect like rumble strips etc...
Is this for all wheels or just 1 wheel in particular ??? It seems to me you should be asking Sony or poleophoney etc...

Polyphony Digital rarely implement any fan suggestions, getting anything out of them is like getting blood out of a stone! That's why I suggested it to you. But, if we lose other effects as well then it wouldn't be such a good idea. If only that one effect could be turned on/off with a button press/combo for all wheels that'd be great. It's a game killer for me personally, I've not touched GT Sport in I don't know how long & don't ever want to play it again because of it.

👍

Thats a great idea, would be interesting to see how it feel without fake fantasy effects. :)
Only physics related ffb without fake effects = dream :)
I would pay for this option! :D

Using T500 with Dirt Rally 2.0 (PS4):

2.0.4 beta 11 (latest) - when you go to calibrate the wheel 900 degrees rotation is max you can go, even though the full rotation is supposed to be 1080.
2.0.3 and 2.0.3 beta 52 (tried those two) - the spring force is so strong that you cannot even calibrate the wheel properly

Using Dirt Rally 2.0 without Drivehub obviously works, but then I cannot use the TSS handbrake.

hi, i got an issue here. just got the DH and fanatec V 2.5 running two days ago, but found below:

hardware: Drivehub, Fanatec CS V 2.5 base, Fanatec Universal Hub, PS4 Pro, two DS 4 (one is on, one is off then connect to the DH)
Game: GT sopots, Project car2
Issue: firstly start all the hardwares, DH (connecting with one turn-off DS4)in racing mode (S running), and in Fanatec mode (REV led on DH running from left to right). after playing a few moment, (sorry can't remember how long), the botton function of the wheel will suddently change, for exsample: normally RT botton acting as circle but will change to B button, all others botton will acting differently. if I change to the formular V2 ring, there is no cycle assign to any button, but have to press down the funky key down on the left.

the firmware had been upgraded to the most new one...2.0.4 beta something....

thanks

Jack

hi, i got an issue here. just got the DH and fanatec V 2.5 running two days ago, but found below:

hardware: Drivehub, Fanatec CS V 2.5 base, Fanatec Universal Hub, PS4 Pro, two DS 4 (one is on, one is off then connect to the DH)
Game: GT sopots, Project car2
Issue: firstly start all the hardwares, DH (connecting with one turn-off DS4)in racing mode (S running), and in Fanatec mode (REV led on DH running from left to right). after playing a few moment, (sorry can't remember how long), the botton function of the wheel will suddently change, for exsample: normally RT botton acting as circle but will change to B button, all others botton will acting differently. if I change to the formular V2 ring, there is no cycle assign to any button, but have to press down the funky key down on the left.

the firmware had been upgraded to the most new one...2.0.4 beta something....

thanks

Jack
the universal hub has always been a pain for us. the problem originates with the top buttons not being mapped the same as the floating ones on the 3 button segments... what we do is use the front buttons that don't overlap as an indicator that the front buttons are in use and then switch mapping... this will however make the top buttons messed up... It sounds to me that you might have the segment connected to the wrong port on the baseboard... if you connect them as per the manual, they should be correct once the switch occurs.. we use X and B button the cause the switch as they are button number 22 and 26 and don't overlap with the normal button numbers of 1 to 21, so are definitely front buttons as such.

Back