Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,348 comments
UPDATE

First off I want to thank everyone for your insight and support y’all have helped another helpless gamer achieve his dreams.

Everything now works nearly perfectly fine after running to Best Buy for a $20 6ft braided micro usb cable. The moment I plugged the DualShock controller into this bad boy I haven’t had a hiccup yet.

- Make very sure that you have the latest Windows updates, check for them, out them on auto update THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.

- Update ALL the Firmwares

- Invest in better quality micro usb cable even if it cost you your first born child

- Disconnect your DS4 from Bluetooth

My only complaint is that the force feedback is about as dull as door knob

Could it be the game, cd? Admittedly, my FF feels a bit soft in GT Sport (although I'm loving it) as opposed to Assetto Corsa on the PS4 Pro.

And forgive me, my friend, but what is your set-up again as far wheel base?

I actually downloaded the game.

My wheel base is the CSW V2 with Universal Hub

hmmm...giving me pause as I am considered getting the V2.5 shortly.

Additionally, to make from my statement above, the FFB in AC feel real good on the PS4.

And to further clarify because my communication skills are poor, what I really meant was, "Could it be the game, Cdbermudez?", in other words, the emulation of the particular game through the Drive Hub.

Last edited:
I'm affraid i need help. I had a hard time getting the drivehub to work with my G29 and xbox yesterday. Somehow, i manged to get it working but today i simply cannot use it and i dont get why.

I tried to stick with the tutorial.
This is what i did:
1. I turned the xbox on with my elite controller.
2. After the boot sequence, i connected a second game pad to the drivehub via USB. Then i connected the G29 to the drivehub. Second game pad remains off.
3. I connected the drivehub to the xbox. The drivehub begins to work and shows “G29“. The wheel is calibrating itself.

According to the tutorial vid on page 1 on this thread, that should be it, right? But the wheel cannot be used in dashboard neither in game. I'm pressing buttons but nothing happens. I'm frustrated right now.

Edit: found the problem, but also a new one. It seems the controller has to be turned on after drivehub and wheel are ready. This isnt mentioned in the video. Unfortunatly, i'm getting ZERO ffb in the Forza 7 demo.

Last edited:
I'm affraid i need help. I had a hard time getting the drivehub to work with my G29 and xbox yesterday. Somehow, i manged to get it working but today i simply cannot use it and i dont get why.

I tried to stick with the tutorial.
This is what i did:
1. I turned the xbox on with my elite controller.
2. After the boot sequence, i connected a second game pad to the drivehub via USB. Then i connected the G29 to the drivehub. Second game pad remains off.
3. I connected the drivehub to the xbox. The drivehub begins to work and shows “G29“. The wheel is calibrating itself.

According to the tutorial vid on page 1 on this thread, that should be it, right? But the wheel cannot be used in dashboard neither in game. I'm pressing buttons but nothing happens. I'm frustrated right now.

Not saying this is it, but are both controllers, especially the connected one, off when powering up?

Not saying this is it, but are both controllers, especially the connected one, off when powering up?

The connected one is off when powering up. But i need to turn it on after the wheel is calibrated. That was the problem. Now it works, BUT there is another issue. I have zero FFB in the Forza 7 demo. I cant feel any FFB at all. According to the ingame options, FFB should have full force and vibration. But the wheel ain't giving anything. Something is horribly wrong here. Do i need to upgrade G29 firmware...?

The connected one is off when powering up. But i need to turn it on after the wheel is calibrated. That was the problem. Now it works, BUT there is another issue. I have zero FFB in the Forza 7 demo. I cant feel any FFB at all. According to the ingame options, FFB should have full force and vibration. But the wheel ain't giving anything. Something is horribly wrong here. Do i need to upgrade G29 firmware...?

Disable Xbox power safe or enable Quick Boot, I don't remember, that's the problem because of you have to turn on the pad.

I'm happy to announce that i solved my ffb issues in Forza. I had to update the drivehubs firmware to the latest version. I missed the drop down menu before...

I'm thinking of getting a CSL or V3 set of pedals for my t300rs wheel base, does anyone uses this current setup on his PS4 at the moment ? does the t300 FF feels any different than using it without the drivehub ? Thanks in advance.

maxzibit, this is what Podger previously confirmed

Please confirm if the following is correct:

On PS4 using drivehub
Wheel port: Thrustmaster TX
Controller port: DS4 controller
Accessory port: using a USB hub, CSL Elite pedals and TH8A simultaneously

On XOne
Controller port: Thrustmaster TX
Accessory port: using a USB hub, CSL Elite pedals and TH8A simultaneously

Yes, that will work fine.

I use the TX via drivehub on PS4 Assetto Corsa and it works great. I cant see any difference between that and the T300 I used to have that broke.

I bought a PS4 Pro over Black Friday and got GT Sport. Finally got to try Drivehub yesterday on PS4 and it was working just fine on that also. TS-PC Racer(with the TS-PC racer rim) with Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals. I was using a TH8RS as a standalone also.

FFB seems strong and about as detailed as I expected. Ended up running with drive torque to 3 and sensitivity to 9.

One thing I am not sure about so far, I tried to reassign buttons but doesn't seem to be working in GT Sport. On PC when I plug everything through Drivehub the whole setup is registered as T500. So in GT Sport when I tried to reassign buttons I used the T500 profile but its not working. I am wondering which wheel profile I should be changing the button assignment? Also FYI the LED is show "0" when its connected, instead of a running race track in figure 8. It seems to be working just fine though otherwise...

Guys, sorry to bug you.

My CSW v2.5 along with my other gear should be arriving tomorrow. I am reading up on the manuals tonight. What setting should the v2.5 be in to work on GT Sport?

Thank you in advance.

I think the base has to be in PC mode. IF you have the Universal hub, it boots into xbox mode so you have to switch to PC mode every time you turn it on.

My stuff will be arriving Monday, time to pack away my CSR wheel and CSR Elite pedals.

One thing I am not sure about so far, I tried to reassign buttons but doesn't seem to be working in GT Sport. On PC when I plug everything through Drivehub the whole setup is registered as T500. So in GT Sport when I tried to reassign buttons I used the T500 profile but its not working. I am wondering which wheel profile I should be changing the button assignment? Also FYI the LED is show "0" when its connected, instead of a running race track in figure 8. It seems to be working just fine though otherwise...

Use G29 for button assignments in Gran Turismo Sport.

I think the base has to be in PC mode. IF you have the Universal hub, it boots into xbox mode so you have to switch to PC mode every time you turn it on.

My stuff will be arriving Monday, time to pack away my CSR wheel and CSR Elite pedals.

Thank you, gt_f!

Hi
I assume that you are still using the TS-PC, this should show up as a T300 on PS4... I think you are saying that it shows as a T150... I'll have a look into that. A good game to test on is Pcars 2, it seems to do a good job of identifying wheels.

Hi
I assume that you are still using the TS-PC, this should show up as a T300 on PS4... I think you are saying that it shows as a T150... I'll have a look into that. A good game to test on is Pcars 2, it seems to do a good job of identifying wheels.

I've tried remapping the buttons in all the TM wheels listed in GT Sport and only one that ended up working is the T150. I think there is a pCars 2 demo now so I might give that a shot too on PS4. I've also tried both Ferrari F1 wheel and TS-PC wheel now and both works.

When I plug drivehub into the PS4 the LED display flashes "F-A-N-A-T-E-C-T-S---P-C" then goes to 0, not sure if that means anything...

Only real complain for FFB and I am not sure this has anything to do with Drivehub is in GTS torque set at 3 is a bit too heavy for my taste but 2 is way too light. And I can't do anything for the brake sensitivity on the loadcell but nothing stopping me from enjoying the game.

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered one.

Hopefully my DFGT works well with PC2 on XB1 (I don’t have much hope for FM7 with a wheel).

@Podger

I am very sorry to bother you, but I am not getting any force feedback with the V2.5 using the drive hub in GTA Sport.

Please, if it is not too much trouble, can you walk me through the startup procedure. Not for hooking up my dh, as it had worked flawlessly when using the TX on the ps4. I just can't figure where things are going wrong. I did try to look earlier in this thread and sorry if I missed something that could have helped.

I believe I should be in PC mode, which I tried, but both that Xbox mode didn't work. I was unable to put the wheel in Fanatec mode, just to try and test that out.

The wheel is new and the force feedback does work when I used it on the Xbox. I am able to use the wheel on the ps4, everything else (buttons, breaks, etc) work.

Thank you in advance and again I am sorry for buggin you.

@Podger

I am very sorry to bother you, but I am not getting any force feedback with the V2.5 using the drive hub in GTA Sport.

Please, if it is not too much trouble, can you walk me through the startup procedure. Not for hooking up my dh, as it had worked flawlessly when using the TX on the ps4. I just can't figure where things are going wrong. I did try to look earlier in this thread and sorry if I missed something that could have helped.

I believe I should be in PC mode, which I tried, but both that Xbox mode didn't work. I was unable to put the wheel in Fanatec mode, just to try and test that out.

The wheel is new and the force feedback does work when I used it on the Xbox. I am able to use the wheel on the ps4, everything else (buttons, breaks, etc) work.

Thank you in advance and again I am sorry for buggin you.
hi, can you can email us at wheelman@collectiveminds.ca, no point clogging up this thread...
for 2.5 base and GT Sport, you will need to use Fanalogic mode as fanatec isn't supported by the game

hi, can you can email us at wheelman@collectiveminds.ca, no point clogging up this thread...
for 2.5 base and GT Sport, you will need to use Fanalogic mode as fanatec isn't supported by the game

Will do Podger, and thank you.

Yes, I really don't like clogging things up for others.

I will compose my thoughts for the e-mail and layout what I have and what I am doing.

Thanks again.

Back