Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,349 comments
Is there any plan to sell this through any UK distributors and if so can you give us any heads up who?

Sadly the shipping cost of this from the CronusMax website is pushing this from justifiable cost to unjustifiable (over 30% of the original price just in shipping). Would be an instant buy for me through someone like Amazon, especially with their shipping and customer service.

Is there any plan to sell this through any UK distributors and if so can you give us any heads up who?

Sadly the shipping cost of this from the CronusMax website is pushing this from justifiable cost to unjustifiable (over 30% of the original price just in shipping). Would be an instant buy for me through someone like Amazon, especially with their shipping and customer service.
try the Collective Minds site, it should detect your location and offer you a price in pounds..
https://collectiveminds.ca/shop/allconsoles/drivehub/

Yeah the shipping really is ridiculous. It's almost $40aud on a $110aud device. In this day and age of free shipping from most retailers and even most ebay sellers, paying $40 to ship something the size of a Playstation controller (more or less), is ****ed.

Yeah the shipping really is ridiculous. It's almost $40aud on a $110aud device. In this day and age of free shipping from most retailers and even most ebay sellers, paying $40 to ship something the size of a Playstation controller (more or less), is ****ed.
Agreed. I was about to buy but then when the shipping rates appeared, 33% of the cost of the item, I quickly changed my mind.

For the Netherlands the shipping is 21 US dollars. Okay 10 dollars too much. But it's either 10 dollars or throwing away your 150 dollars of Wheels and pedals.

Last edited:
UK buyers should be active now... £89.99 includes shipping

the price on cronusmax, doesn't include any sales tax as its a US site exporting to UK, you may get nobbled for VAT and customs on a shipment from US...

UK buyers should be active now... £89.99 includes shipping

the price on cronusmax, doesn't include any sales tax as its a US site exporting to UK, you may get nobbled for VAT and customs on a shipment from US...

I see, so it would be best for UK customers to buy from collective minds instead of cronusmax to avoid import duties. Would it not be possible to mark it as a "gift" for UK buyers who buy from the cronusmax site, then that way there will be no additional import costs? At £70 plus over £20 for delivery & probably well over £20 worth of import charges, that pushes the total price up to over £110 for UK buyers (interestingly the G29 was on sale last year for just £99 in Currys/PC World). Potentially getting hit with import charges after already paying a third on top of the retail price for postage is more than likely going to infuriate many UK customers! I recently ordered a free health test from the US & I got billed for over £20 worth of charges from the UK Post Office. I Decided not to accept the item in the end.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm this definitely already works with every racing game on PS4 that supports wheels? Only asking because I have been using GIMX in the past to make my CSR work, and although my wheel has been out of action for a couple of months now (waiting on parts to fix it), it should be back up and running fairly soon, and I'm not looking forward to setting GIMX up again (old laptop died, got a new one, so I'd have to download and set up GIMX again from scratch).

If this adaptor already works with every wheel compatible PS4 racing game, then I'll buy it, simply for the ease of use compared to GIMX.

Not sure about every compatible game, but as it appears as a G29 it will work with any that support that. I personally used it on:
Project Cars
Assetto Corsa
DriveClub
DriveClub VR

You do still have to work with the in game FFB settings though. I found that PCars has very heavy FFB take I had to tone down. Assetto Corsa I had to max out the settings but you feel all of the bumps and ripples in the track.

For the Netherlands the shipping is 21 US dollars. Okay 10 dollars too much. But it's either 10 dollars or throwing away your 150 dollars of Wheels and pedals.

Not at all. I have a GIMX device that I can easily use if I re-download the software and configure it again, so I in no way need this Drive Hub in order to continue using my wheel. It's not a case of "well it's either buy this adaptor, or shell out for a brand new wheel", because anyone can make a GIMX device for less than $20aud, and GIMX software gives you far more freedom to do what you want with your peripherals than the Drive Hub does. The thing that interests me about Drive Hub is it's plug and play, and doesn't need a PC hooked up to it. But those are simple conveniences, and are they really worth over $150? At that price, this little device is less than $50 cheaper than my entire wheel setup (I got really good prices on the CSR and CSPs years ago). If the shipping was free, which it most certainly should be on such a small item, then I'd buy it in a heartbeat. But no way am I paying that much for shipping.

Not sure about every compatible game, but as it appears as a G29 it will work with any that support that. I personally used it on:
Project Cars
Assetto Corsa
DriveClub
DriveClub VR

You do still have to work with the in game FFB settings though. I found that PCars has very heavy FFB take I had to tone down. Assetto Corsa I had to max out the settings but you feel all of the bumps and ripples in the track.

Cheers mate. So the Fanatec wheels have to be in PS3 mode for most games then? Also, Fanatec wheels work natively with Project CARS.

I just re-installed PCARS on my XB1, and I cleared out enough space on the HDD for FM5 to be installed, so I don't have to use the disk anymore. To go along with the previous games I mentioned, I have Forza Horizon 2, Forza Motorsport 6, WRC 5, Dirt Rally and Assetto Corsa. That means I have plenty of titles to test the Drivehub with. I cannot wait! I haven't been this eager for something to arrive, since I was 8, and that was waiting for Christmas.

Cheers mate. So the Fanatec wheels have to be in PS3 mode for most games then? Also, Fanatec wheels work natively with Project CARS.

All credit to Gimx and what they do, basically for free... But they have no xb1 support and no time frame for it.

Fanatec don't require PS3 mode, you use it if you want, pc-mode/native is supported as is 360 wireless on CSR and Porsche.... Not all bases have PS3 mode in any case i.e. CSL E & CSW 2.5... So as they are, they don't work in Pcars either, nor the other 5 games..... DriveHub makes it all better :)

Well aware that my wheel works natively in PCars. It was good to be able to compare native fanatec support vs emulated G29 support through the DriveHub. Subjectively, and not really sure why, I found I preferred the emulated version. It was also an interesting exercise just to see how it worked.

And, to be honest, I can't even remember how to put my wheel in PS3 Mode now. I always use PC Native mode with the DriveHub. So much easier. I can even use the XBox button as a PS button.

I preordered on the 21st. Hopefully they'll have some sort of update explaining when it'll release, or if there was a delay of some sort.

Hopefully I am included in all that. For some reason my account at Cronousmax disappeared. I had to make a new one and ask about my order using the invoice number I got from the sale. At the very least, it should be shipped without the email, seeing that it was paid for.

Edit #2- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - -

I got a reply from Cronos. I am all set. Apparently I messed up the Email. That's why I couldn't get signed up at the site.

Edit #3- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - -

For those who have a CSR wheelbase. Here's how to get it into PC, PS3 or XB360 mode. It's easy and you were 1/2 way there anytime you used the wheel.

1. Connect the USB cable to the wheel and the PC or PS3. Note: Not needed if playing on the Xbox 360.
  2. Turn the wheelbase on. Let it calibrate and get to the "- - -" display.
  3. Press and hold any of the following for the platform you intend on using.
Press and hold the "Back" button for 1 second. (PC Mode).
Press and hold the "Xbox guide" button for 1 second. (360 Mode).
Press and hold the "Connect" and "Back" button for 1 second. (PS3 Mode). Note: The Connect button is directly to the left of the LCD display, noted with "(((".

The CSR and your prefered platform are now connected.

This also assumes that you have drivers for your wheel. If you need or want newer drivers for the CSR, go to Fanatec.com, select your region and click the "Downloads" option. You will find the driver for the CSR; as well as, other Fanatec wheel bases under the "Discontinued Products" pull down.

I hope this helps.​

Last edited:
I assume you mean firmware? There are no drivers to install for the DriveHub.

Also, just go with PC Mode, then you wont have your wheel emulating another protocol which is then emulated again by the DriveHub to your PS4.

edit: Unless you want Wireless XBox 360 Mode. I only used this once to make sure it works, my wheel is right in front of my Ps4/XBox One S anyway.

Back