Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,306 comments
How should I set up my DD2 so it's detected as DD Pro in GT7 on PS5? The base is in COMP mode ans drivehub in Fanalogic mode. The latter is also on the latest beta firmware, installed week or so ago. The game still detects the wheel as CLS Elite.

Hi guys. I posted this in the Drivehub - PS5 (GT7) thread, then found this one along with many helpful comments and posts, but I am still struggling to make it work. Please someone help me setting up my equipment.

I built my rig more than ten years ago and decided to revive it by replacing the crappy CSR Elite with CSW V2.5 as it has the same body so I don't have to make any structural changes. I now have the following gear and need to make all these work with PS5 and Xbox X:
  1. Fanatec CSW V2.5 wheelbase
  2. Fanatec Podium Wheel Rim Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
  3. Fanatec ClubSport Universal Hub V2 for Xbox
  4. Fanatec Podium Button Module Endurance (still in the box)
  5. Fanatec CS V1 Pedals
  6. TH8 shifter
  7. Drivehub
  8. HORI PlayStation 5 Fighting Commander controller
  9. PS5
  10. Xbox X
I understand that the Hori controller is necessary for the Drivehub to function properly, but – without it – shouldn't the PS5 recognize any connected devices via Drivehub at all or it should work but will time out in 10 minutes? Yesterday I connected everything to see if the PS5 will detect the wheel without Hori, but nothing was detected. I am using the Porsche wheel with CS Xbox hub. I updated the Drivehub firmware to the latest out of the box, it shows 0 on the display and all connected ports lit green.

I hope this doesn't sound illogical. After spending hours-and-hours, I am still struggling to find clear instructions on what should I do to make everything listed above work properly with both: PS5 and Xbox X.

What is the exact procedure of enabling the Drivehub with PS5 using my wheelbase, rim, hub, shifter and pedals? All components are correctly connected.

Also, do I still need Drivehub if the CSW V2.5 along with the CS Universal Xbox hub are connected to Xbox X, or it is needed for PS5 only as the wheel itself is Xbox licensed?

I don't know which firmware the CSW has. I needed that exact wheelbase to fit on my custom built rig and bought it used two days ago and don't have a Windows or Intel based Mac at this point to check or update the firmware. The wheel shows 689 then 22 on the startup display, but not sure if that's the firmware version.

I bought the HORI PlayStation 5 Fighting Commander controller as the mini was out of stock, it's arriving tomorrow. I also have the mini on order just in a case.

@yegor - as you have the Universal Hub for Xbox, Drivehub shouldn't be needed at all to work with your Xbox One X - just link everything up using the wireless connection.

@yegor - as you have the Universal Hub for Xbox, Drivehub shouldn't be needed at all to work with your Xbox One X - just link everything up using the wireless connection.
Excellent, thank you! Is it going to be fine if I keep the Drivehub connected when using the wheel wirelessly on Xbox, or it might cause some kind of conflict?

Excellent, thank you! Is it going to be fine if I keep the Drivehub connected when using the wheel wirelessly on Xbox, or it might cause some kind of conflict?
Don't know - I would just disconnect the wheel base USB connection to the Drivehub when wanting to use the Xbox X

Let’s put it this way: the DriveHub is great but the fewer devices you have between your gear and the Xbox, the fewer possibilities for it to have problems.

Let’s put it this way: the DriveHub is great but the fewer devices you have between your gear and the Xbox, the fewer possibilities for it to have problems.
Apparently the Xbox hub I have must be connected via USB. Everything works perfectly on Xbox, but still cannot connect to PS5…

after prob a couple of years using the DriveHub on GTS then GT7 and also ACC, PC2, AC i've got myself a PS5 just before xmas and realise I now need a Hori. So a couple of things i could do with clearing up if you guys can help:

MY GEAR:

CSW2.5 / BMW GT2 Wheel / CSL Pedals w/LC / PS5

1. I can't seem to be able to buy a Hori mini anywhere.. and is there a specific PS5 Hori or is it just one model?
2. There is a Hori Fighting Commander PS5 available at twice the price - which i don't mind paying - but will that work?
3. I've read here that without the Hori the DS5 controller will stop working after 8 minutes - but i can't even get any use at all from my wheel or pedals. I get the 0 after callibration on the drivehub but absolutely no other communication between the wheel and PS5 after that with DS5 connected
4. I'm using disc versions of the PS4 games GT7 and ACC for all scenarios and getting the same results - will getting a PS5 version of the games make any difference you think?

cheers fellas.

edit: found this.. just need to know if it works with PS5 drivehub set up

1672576711689.png

Last edited:
Hi,
I play GT7 on PS4
I have a G29 and TH8A Shifter connected to a Drivehub.
I wonder if the Logitech Pro pedals are compatible with the Drivehub.

Thx

assuming you meant that for me... if so, thanks. Just wanted to check it was ok with the PS5
Yes, that is the one that I had been using for my PS5. My concern with a Hori PS5 controller would be the same problem PS5 controllers have with timing out when hooked up thru a Drivehub. I think the idea is the PS4 controllers were already made when the PS5 came out with controllers that had some kind of compatibility protocol.

2. There is a Hori Fighting Commander PS5 available at twice the price - which i don't mind paying - but will that work?
Don’t buy the Hori Fighting Commander controller, it does not work with DH, only the mini one works.

You will have to check thru the thread and find Podger's comment (if you didn't know he created the DH), but I beleive he said the Hori mini uses the same PS4 chip as some of the PS4 compatible wheels which is why it works, he also lists the other models he tested, or thinks should work.

Hi guys. I ran into an interesting issue on my PS5. I was running into constant controller disconnect while playing Project Cars 2.
my setup is as follows:

1. Fanatec CSW v,2.5 wheelbase
2. Fanatec Podium Wheel Rim Porsche 911 GT3 Cup/Xbox P1 rim
3. Fanatec ClubSport Universal Hub V2 for Xbox
4. Fanatec Podium Button Module Endurance
5. Fanatec SQ 1.5 shifter
6. Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals
7. Thrustmaster Sparco handbrake
8. DriveHub (with latest firmware update)
9. Hori mini controller

I race on both PC and PlayStation. I had recently updated my Fanalab software on my PC and come to realize that my firmware and drivers were out of date, so I updated them. I have no problem when I play GT7/GTS, ACC, or Assetto Corsa. But when I boot up PCars2, I get constant controller disconnect warnings. I made sure that my Dualsense controller was shut off and that my cables were fully seated. I'm curious to know if anyone else has run into a problem like this.:banghead:
:banghead::banghead:

Hi Guys, I just picked up gt7 in prep for PSVR2. I have a CSW2.5 and have updated my drivehub to the latest firmware 2.0.9 I believe.
Should I be running this wheel in Fanatec mode or Logitech mode. Struggling to get it into Fanatec mod (did it once on first boot up) and found that it worked well with my H pattern shifter and hand brake working great.

Since playing around it keeps booting into Gt7 in L mode which disables my H shifter and hand brake. Should I be in Logitech mode or Fanatec mode? Does anyone know how to calibrate the shifter, currently 1st gear is R, and 3rd and 4rth all read as 5th.

Last edited:
Sounds like stick drift. What does your connections look like? What do you have plugged into what?
I thought so too, or something on the pad or wheel was being indirectly pushed. I swapped out the WRC wheel and put the fanatec F1 wheel and it works perfect in Fanatec mode.

Connections - csw 2.5 into wheel slot, pedals into accessories slot, nacon pad into controller slot

Tested the WRC wheel on PC and it works fine there too. I'm stumped, I guess I'll just use the F1 wheel for all driving in GT7.

The analog left stick moves the view in GT7, so that is the issue. If you are testing on a PC does the driver show anything in the button test mode? that screen does only have two postitions showing for that, so a slight misalignment might not register. Maybe mouse mode somehow enabled?

The analog left stick moves the view in GT7, so that is the issue. If you are testing on a PC does the driver show anything in the button test mode? that screen does only have two postitions showing for that, so a slight misalignment might not register. Maybe mouse mode somehow enabled?
Yep just had a quick look, nothing out of the ordinary there. All buttons register on PC as it would normally

1674706862421.png

Testing with F1 wheel has mouse mode showing but that's cause probably has two funky toggles/switches

I'm guessing it's something specifically with the drive hub as I turned off the wheel base and reconnected with ps5 controller while the Drivehub was still on (all connections still in) and the cursor still moves in game menu when navigating with ps5 controller.

Last edited:
F1 Wheel has analog x-y axes stick on the left, and funky switch right does PS5 DPad with press X and rotate. Dpad sends same signals on both wheels in PC mode.

Wheelbase in red PC mode for DH i assume, correct? Maybe try older versions of Drivehub Fw? Still would suggest turn off mouse mode as it serves no useful purpose on consoles.

F1 Wheel has analog x-y axes stick on the left, and funky switch right does PS5 DPad with press X and rotate. Dpad sends same signals on both wheels in PC mode.

Wheelbase in red PC mode for DH i assume, correct? Maybe try older versions of Drivehub Fw? Still would suggest turn off mouse mode as it serves no useful purpose on consoles.
I don't see where to disable mouse mode when connecting the wrc wheel, just on the F1 wheel.

At the moment going to try 2.0.8 firmware and below and yeh wheel base in PC mode otherwise nothing happens when using drive hub.

Did some testing tonite, went all the way back to 2.0.8 Beta 9, seems to work but hand brake when pulled stays on untill you restart the race.

Ended up using 2.0.9 Beta 1 (still got the handbrake issue which doesn't happen in Logitech mode) as everything above this cause the stick drift and is unusable.

Last edited:
So weird - as the WRC wheel doesn’t have the analog stick, unlike a lot of other Fanatec wheels, the DH seems to be sending ghost signal or something. Maybe some weird noise from cabling or usb hub?

In Logitech mode, as its emulating a G29 there is no analog stick on that wheel, DH won’t bother sending that signal so defintely seems like a DH issue. Podger is the main dev contact who is on some forums, but contacting them is tricky as they closed their own forum a while back. Fanatec Handbrake or other? Connected to base or DH? I have the Fanatec Hb and didn’t recall any issues when I was using the DH with my CSW v2

Last edited:
So weird - as the WRC wheel doesn’t have the analog stick, unlike a lot of other Fanatec wheels, the DH seems to be sending ghost signal or something. Maybe some weird noise from cabling or usb hub?

In Logitech mode, as its emulating a G29 there is no analog stick on that wheel, DH won’t bother sending that signal so defintely seems like a DH issue. Podger is the main dev contact who is on some forums, but contacting them is tricky as they closed their own forum a while back. Fanatec Handbrake or other? Connected to base or DH? I have the Fanatec Hb and didn’t recall any issues when I was using the DH with my CSW v2
Yeah its a weird issue only effecting the WRC wheel probably.

Using a fanatec handbrake connected to the pedals, wasn't too sure on how it should connect to the CSW base as I tried using the splitter that it came with that I think you're meant to connect via "Pedals" port but it wasn't showing up.

Handbrake appears to work ok in Logitech mode when connected to pedals.

How do you have yours running on the CSW?

Back