Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,354 comments
can someone please tell me how to make it work. I have xbox one and t300gt, i have tried for two weeks, the wheel calibrates but nothing else works.
Something you may want to look at is, the cables you are using to connect your controller and the PS4. You need to be using a USB 3.0 cable or better. I made the mistake of using a USB 2.0 cable, and I almost thought the Drive Hub was at fault. As a last resort I used the cable that came with my Official Xbox One play and charge kit, and everything worked like a charm.

I'm running into a bit of an issue here. I'm playing PCars 2 with a PWTS. Problem I'm having is I seem to have no R1 and L1 in the menus. Those buttons should be mapped to the paddle shifters which work fine while racing but for some reason don't in the menus. The right paddle works same as the x button and I'm not sure about the left.

Any work around for this? Is it possible to hook up a 2nd DS4 to the accessory port on the Drivehub and use that when needing those buttons?

Right now every time I need to hit the R1 or L1 in the menus I need to turn on my 2nd DS4, sign in under my profile (disconnecting the wheel) Once that happens I need to close application and restart it using the wheel to get it working again. The other option is shutting off the wheel, Turn on the DS4, log in use the R1 or L1, turn off the controller again and turn the wheel back on. It's a big PITA right now.

Another idea I just thought while I was typing this.... If I hook my wheel up to the PC can I reconfigure the L3 and R3 buttons to work as a 2nd pair of L1 and R1 buttons? I never need them in any game. Very rare especially for a racing title.

Anyone find a solution for this. I still can't figure it out after spending a couple hours this morning working on it.

I've tried signing in as a guest on the 2nd DS4. I've tried plugging the 2nd DS4 into the accessory port. I've tried to putting the wheel in PS3 mode before plugging it into the Drivehub. Nothing is working. Still no R1 and L1 in the game menus.

I'm struggling with controllability of cars

System = PS4 Pro, Project Cars 2, G27 wheel (DriveHub emulating G29 of course)

My issues are over-sensitivity of braking and under-sensitivity of steering

I suspect that it's a PC2 issue and not a Hub-induced one, but what do you think?

Breathing on the brake pedal was resulting in instant lockup until I reduced pedal sensitivity to less than 10%

And I could not even stay on-track on the wide sweepers of Big Willow until I did a weird calibration where instead of turning the wheel 90°, I turned it to about 40° to 45°. It was as though I was steering through hair-pin turns

Any suggested settings would be welcome!

So glad I found this thread! I just ordered the hub and just wanted confirm,
if I have this setup, everything should work on Ps4 using the hub, correct?
Apologies if this has been answered.

Not sure why you want the Xbox/Forza wheel bundle? The Xbox hub is a waste, if you're using this set up solely on PS4, All you need is the V2.5 wheelbase and any wheel rim you like. Just remember, the following games use native Fanatec drivers to run the wheel using the Drivehub: F1-2017, Project Cars 2 and possibly Assetto Crosa with a update (As yet to be seen). Otherwise the hub will use Logitech emulation to power your wheel in other games that have Logitech G29 support.

FMW
Not sure why you want the Xbox/Forza wheel bundle? The Xbox hub is a waste, if you're using this set up solely on PS4, All you need is the V2.5 wheelbase and any wheel rim you like. Just remember, the following games use native Fanatec drivers to run the wheel using the Drivehub: F1-2017, Project Cars 2 and possibly Assetto Crosa with a update (As yet to be seen). Otherwise the hub will use Logitech emulation to power your wheel in other games that have Logitech G29 support.
AC does have a driver for CSL P4, as does Dirt 4...
With 2.5 if you plug it into port 1 on DH, it will be converted to a CSW 2.0 and will work in Pcars, F1 2015, S Leon, The Crew, Dirt Rally & WRC5. This mode also lets you use port 2 and 3 for accessories.

The only games that truely need fanalogic mode are DriveClub, DriveClub VR, WRC 6 & F1 2016..

Last edited:
FMW
I see.
I'm really just interested in the Clubsport base(2.5v), v3 Pedals, and shifter. If the hub is a waste on ps4, I'll go with a different wheel instead (don't like the forza branding on wheel anyway). Thanks for your input.

The Forza Branded wheel rim, is the only rim that gets you the discount. If you build a package with any other wheel rim, you'll pay full price.

The Forza Branded wheel rim, is the only rim that gets you the discount. If you build a package with any other wheel rim, you'll pay full price.

That's probably because the XBOX versions are not moving units like the other wheels.

AC does have a driver for CSL P4, as does Dirt 4...
With 2.5 if you plug it into port 1 on DH, it will be converted to a CSW 2.0 and will work in Pcars, F1 2015, S Leon, The Crew, Dirt Rally & WRC6. This mode also lets you use port 2 and 3 for accessories.

The only games that truely need fanalogic mode are DriveClub, DriveClub VR, WRC 6 & F1 2016..

I can't find anywhere on Assetto Corsa's website saying it supports the CSL elite on the PS4.

Last edited by a moderator:
FMW
That's probably because the XBOX versions are not moving units like the other wheels.

It's probably a deal between Fanatec and Turn 10. Also, the U-Hub bundle is back on pre-order status because Fanatec needs to get more Forza rims made. All other wheel rims are available...

FMW
I can't find anywhere on Assetto Corsa's website saying it supports the CSL elite on the PS4.
It does since 1.14, they added support the week that base was released in Europe, otherwise the base would have been a total waste of money, no point Fanatec selling a base that isn't supported at all... Dirt 4 added support also, but at release none of the extras were supported i.e. RPM leds and 3x7 segment display.. and more recently PCars 2 and Forza 7..

Any suggestions for my issue?

System - PS4
Game - Project Cars
Wheel - G27 (w/ DriveHub)

The paddle shifters are not functioning to shift while racing. I can only use the manual shifter. I just got the DriveHub late last week and finally had a chance to use it over the weekend.

Other than this, I am very happy with the DriveHub. I don't notice any lag or other issues. Thank you.

I have a Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel with an earlier version of the Clubsport pedals. Upon connecting the Drive Hub, PS4 setup was easy but I cannot get it to work with my Xbox One. Received Project Cars 2 today; even though the wheel seems to connect properly showing, P-O-R-S-C-H-E on the Drive Hub, the controller does not show up in the game. I also tried it with Forza 6 but no luck either. Any ideas? I've tried everything listed in this forum. Thanks.

I have a Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel with an earlier version of the Clubsport pedals. Upon connecting the Drive Hub, PS4 setup was easy but I cannot get it to work with my Xbox One. Received Project Cars 2 today; even though the wheel seems to connect properly showing, P-O-R-S-C-H-E on the Drive Hub, the controller does not show up in the game. I also tried it with Forza 6 but no luck either. Any ideas? I've tried everything listed in this forum. Thanks.

That's strange. It should work exactly the same on the XB1 as it does on the PS4. I have the same exact wheel and already tried out Horizon 3 and the FM7 demo with no issues.

I do have a question for you. Are you able to access the R1 and L1 on the PCars 2 menus? I have yet to get that working which is strange seeing as how the paddles work fine to shift.

10% off Drive Hub for GT Planet members! Just got the following message from Collective Minds today;

"All of you over at GTPlanet have been so supportive to the Drive Hub cause, we would like to offer a 10% coupon that all your members can take advantage of. The coupon is GTPLANET10 and can be used...on the Collective Minds website, feel free to post it for all to see."

WARNING: "Please be aware that you may be charged custom duties or taxes on your order by your local or federal government."

:cheers:

Last edited:
Last edited:
That's strange. It should work exactly the same on the XB1 as it does on the PS4. I have the same exact wheel and already tried out Horizon 3 and the FM7 demo with no issues.

I do have a question for you. Are you able to access the R1 and L1 on the PCars 2 menus? I have yet to get that working which is strange seeing as how the paddles work fine to shift.

Thanks for the reply ZR1. I found my problem; I was using a non-descript USB cable for the controller, I tried several others that I have to no avail; then, tried another figuring it wouldn't work either and voila! Funny thing is, it's as non-descript as the others lol. Thanks again!

With that many bad cables, I think you should look at the controller socket.
On the console it can charge and still work over wireless.. giving the impression the USB is working fine....

With that many bad cables, I think you should look at the controller socket.
On the console it can charge and still work over wireless.. giving the impression the USB is working fine....
Good point, I'll try a different controller with the previously tried cables; thanks.

Good point, I'll try a different controller with the previously tried cables; thanks.

From what I've heard it must be USB 3.0 so that might have been the problem as well.

Update: Podger has corrected me below.

Last edited:
Hello to all i recieved the DH today worked all very well and fast nice piece thx for that :)

i only have 1 doubt inside Pcars2 not reconize my wheel base either the rim someone may know why or what iam doing wrong
i have the wheel base 2.5 from fanatec and the Formula Rim the DH is set on Fanatec Mode but only reconize the csl ps4 wheel base and a thruthmaster rim and not know why

Back