Driveclub (including VR, Bikes, & DLC) will be delisted on 8/31/2019. Game servers will shut down.

Thank God it's gone!

But on a more serious note, it's kinda sad how a modern game can disappear from one day to another.

I am not bothered with this. I never got in to this game. The game feel to Much arcade for My liking. Their is no car tuning witch is strange for an arcade game. Gran turismo sport is a way better racing game. Even gt sport is lacking cars it still has more than drivclub.if we get a gt7 with 500-600 cars it will set the benchmark for racing games on ps5. Driveclub was never the racing game for me worth to get a ps4 for. I was waiting for an gran turismo game becouse that is what i wanted.

Good for you. I found Driveclub to be my favorite racing game this generation. It had a fun and actually challenging campaign mode, which no one seems to care about making these days, including GT Sport. Forza Horizon doesn't even require you to win a race.

What are the online-only cars? I've never had the complete game and I want to pick it up.

I believe it's the series of cars you unlock as your club status progresses

- VW Golf GTI
- Bentley Continental GT V8
- BMW M3 GTS
- BAC MONO
- Pagani Zonda R

Is that correct, guys?

And besides the serves going down, it makes sad that the game will be no longer available in the PS store. Damn it.

Good for you. I found Driveclub to be my favorite racing game this generation. It had a fun and actually challenging campaign mode, which no one seems to care about making these days, including GT Sport. Forza Horizon doesn't even require you to win a race.
Gt sport does not have that great career mode i know. But if they improve on that for the next gt. It could be one of the best. Just like they was in gt4/gt5. For me the Biggest downside with driveclub its not just the physics. Its Also the thing that you can't upgrade or customize cars either.
Gt sport is far from perfect but i feel that for me its the gretest racing game this gen. But there is no strong and big racing titles if you campare to what it was back for ps2 and ps3

I believe it's the series of cars you unlock as your club status progresses

- VW Golf GTI
- Bentley Continental GT V8
- BMW M3 GTS
- BAC MONO
- Pagani Zonda R

Is that correct, guys?

And besides the serves going down, it makes sad that the game will be no longer available in the PS store. Damn it.

Yes, it's correct!

Well, I'm afraid to say that with servers going off and then the online cars being out of our reach some offline events maybe impossible to complete.

Ok, it's not like someone hasn't completed everything in the offline portion by now, but for those who haven't, better check out your campaign in game.

Also, there are those who wanna get 100% completion trophy wise and those who may get super late to the party and may be unaware.

Not being able to use online cars, may turn some dlcs tours not possible to be completed 100% and as a consequence theirs respective trophies won't be within grasp.

There it goes the list:

- Unite in Speed Tour
Event: Crazy Golf
Car required: VW Golf GTI

- Velocity Tour
Event: Mono a Mono
Car required: BAC Mono

- Torque Tour
Event: Continental Breakfast
Car required: Bentley Continental GT V8

- Startline tour (there are no trophies attached to this tour)
Events: Pagani Showdown
Car required: Pagani Zonda R

- Startline tour
Event: Startline Championship

Game Director Rushy pretty much confirms that these 5 cars will be locked then.

Damn that's the nail in the coffin, literally :(

Someone should start a petition and send it to Sony & Rushy to unlock these cars. If they managed to came back 6 months after the studio is closed to put out the VR update + city tracks, what's so hard about rewriting a few lines of code and make these cars available offline? :grumpy:

Well, I'm afraid to say that with servers going off and then the online cars being out of our reach some offline events maybe impossible to complete.

Ok, it's not like someone hasn't completed everything in the offline portion by now, but for those who haven't, better check out your campaign in game.

Also, there are those who wanna get 100% completion trophy wise and those who may get super late to the party and may be unaware.

Not being able to use online cars, may turn some dlcs tours not possible to be completed 100% and as a consequence theirs respective trophies won't be within grasp.

There it goes the list:

- Unite in Speed Tour

- Velocity Tour

- Torque Tour

- Startline tour

You might still get "loaned" these cars for the one off career events, you just won't be able to use them in single player. I remember being able to drive the LaFerrari in a couple of career events despite not reaching the required level to unlock it. I'll try going offline and see if this works.

@juanffy18
That’s right. Because EA shared the license with another company that had a Porsche Pack released as DLC. I think it was one of the Forza franchise games. Porsche went from being in a lot racing games to not being any expect the ones produced by EA. After the license ownership ended Porsche’s we’re back in rotation of racing games. A very joyous day.

Last edited:
Well I just tried those 5 cars offline (disconnected PS4 from internet and checked I can't access leaderboards/club page/multiplayer/challenges) and I can use them normally, both in single player and tour events. So it seems one of the latest patches in the game's dying life did unlock those cars independent of online 👍

If someone else can also try it out to confirm that would be great.

There it goes the list:

- Unite in Speed Tour

- Velocity Tour

- Torque Tour

- Startline tour
This is not first game this have happen in. Look at sega gt online 2004 for standard Xbox when they shut that down its online services. You could not access some cars and tuning parts and thats a shame becouse you can't use the full game pontential

Well I just tried those 5 cars offline (disconnected PS4 from internet and checked I can't access leaderboards/club page/multiplayer/challenges) and I can use them normally, both in single player and tour events. So it seems one of the latest patches in the game's dying life did unlock those cars independent of online 👍

I'll test it later this day. Thank you!

I gotta install driveclub to check

Update: yep it works I played offline and the Zonda R, M3 GTS and other club cars were not locked.

Last edited:
I got my platnium long ago and never really touched it again. Not that i thought it was BAD, i bought the season pass and even the vr edition happily. But it was, meh. It was very arcadey in my opinon, and the tracks were....ehh ok i guess. Overall it wasnt a terrible game, but it wasnt anything that blew you away either. And in my honest opinon, the wheel support was terrible. It felt like ass on the g29.

That being said, i bought this game with my ps4, and had 100s of hours of fun with friends. But i finally got everyone to move over to project cars, and we ran that for a long time. Still have friends that play that from time to time.

Driveclub was a gorgeous game when it came out, ill give it that. Especially coming right in at launch. But overall, that was the best thing about the game. And im honestly surprised that its taken this long to pull the plug. What with evolution goin bankrupt and shutting down, and so many other racing sims thats been released this gen (dirt rally, PC1/2, assetto corsa, GTS ect) i cant imagine that many people have been playing it for a few years. Even when we were on it daily the online was basically a ghost town. Not to mention the horrible launch that lost a ton of the playerbase right away.

That being said, if anyones down to get together and get some races in before shutdown, for old times sake, VR or standard, lets get something going

Anybody who wants to drive the cars try to join a club also level up to get every car.

Dont leave any club if not the cars will be locked.

Make sure all these stuff are done before the game goes offline.

Stupid question: - after the game and everything related to it, gets delisted from PSN if I had purchased it at some point in the past, will I be able to download again?

Back