Driveclub (including VR, Bikes, & DLC) will be delisted on 8/31/2019. Game servers will shut down.

Please help me. Can you count how many sim racing games there are for PSVR after DC VR is gone - where you can race with more than a one opponent...

I count 0.
I count 1. Dirt Rally, the rally cross is in VR and a field of six.

I got my platnium long ago and never really touched it again. Not that i thought it was BAD, i bought the season pass and even the vr edition happily. But it was, meh. It was very arcadey in my opinon, and the tracks were....ehh ok i guess. Overall it wasnt a terrible game, but it wasnt anything that blew you away either. And in my honest opinon, the wheel support was terrible. It felt like ass on the g29.

That being said, i bought this game with my ps4, and had 100s of hours of fun with friends. But i finally got everyone to move over to project cars, and we ran that for a long time. Still have friends that play that from time to time.

Driveclub was a gorgeous game when it came out, ill give it that. Especially coming right in at launch. But overall, that was the best thing about the game. And im honestly surprised that its taken this long to pull the plug. What with evolution goin bankrupt and shutting down, and so many other racing sims thats been released this gen (dirt rally, PC1/2, assetto corsa, GTS ect) i cant imagine that many people have been playing it for a few years. Even when we were on it daily the online was basically a ghost town. Not to mention the horrible launch that lost a ton of the playerbase right away.

That being said, if anyones down to get together and get some races in before shutdown, for old times sake, VR or standard, lets get something going
Evolution didn't go bankrupt, Sony canned them.

Today is May 1st, 2019.

The one year countdown for the Driveclub servers shutdown begins today.

Just a reminder, the game itself and everything Driveclub related (minus the screen theme) is going to be delisted from PSN Aug 31st.

Enjoy the last year of Driveclub, guys

Today is May 1st, 2019.

The one year countdown for the Driveclub servers shutdown begins today.

Just a reminder, the game itself and everything Driveclub related (minus the screen theme) is going to be delisted from PSN Aug 31st.

Enjoy the last year of Driveclub, guys

Is there a Driveclub theme for the PS4? The only one I can find specifically says it's for ShareFactory only (whatever that is) and not for PS4 home screen.

Is there a Driveclub theme for the PS4? The only one I can find specifically says it's for ShareFactory only (whatever that is) and not for PS4 home screen.
I'm sure I have one, but don't remember if it was from the store or a promo.

Yes, there is. If I'm not mistaken is a static one, with some engine sounds in the background.

***edit: added a random youtube video with a sample of the theme

Last edited:

Yes, there is. If I'm not mistaken is a static one, with some engine sounds in the background.

***edit: added a random youtube video with a sample of the theme

Cool thanks. I finally found it by searching the themes section of PSN manually. Had to scroll all the way back to 2014 :crazy: It doesn't show up using search for some reason.

While the game online portion of Driveclub is pretty significant, I still find it odd that they're delisting it from the store. The game has a ton of singleplayer content after all. Just another reason to not support digital only. At least with physical games, a copy can still be tracked down, and so great Gems aren't lost. A shame they never released a "definitive edition" of the game with all the updates and DLC on the disc.

While the game online portion of Driveclub is pretty significant, I still find it odd that they're delisting it from the store. The game has a ton of singleplayer content after all. Just another reason to not support digital only. At least with physical games, a copy can still be tracked down, and so great Gems aren't lost. A shame they never released a "definitive edition" of the game with all the updates and DLC on the disc.

I think — or rather, hope — that this issue will become less of one as digital becomes more common. From my understanding, delistings for racing games come about because of license terms, terms that could evolve to better serve the modern gaming landscape. A contract could, theoretically, be for a specific title but with a much longer time frame.

It's optimistic, sure, but I'd hope companies would see the benefit.

So I'm back in DC again after a while away, trying to power through all the DLC. I'm a little over halfway done all the events, working from oldest to newest. I'd also like to grab the platinum for the main game, but need the one trophy for sending challenges to people. Would any kind soul like to help a guy out? :)

I think — or rather, hope — that this issue will become less of one as digital becomes more common. From my understanding, delistings for racing games come about because of license terms, terms that could evolve to better serve the modern gaming landscape. A contract could, theoretically, be for a specific title but with a much longer time frame.

It's optimistic, sure, but I'd hope companies would see the benefit.

So I'm back in DC again after a while away, trying to power through all the DLC. I'm a little over halfway done all the events, working from oldest to newest. I'd also like to grab the platinum for the main game, but need the one trophy for sending challenges to people. Would any kind soul like to help a guy out? :)

Send me a friend invitation, and I'll help you out. I just need to drive in my usual slow leisurely pace, right? :lol:

A year from now, the clock's ticking... Sad day for the PS4's best racer, but I guess it's inevitable due to licenses expiring etc.

I don't race much online but yes I do worry about the 4 club exclusive cars
Delisting is an different issue than the shutdown of the servers. Sony could easily leave the servers online.

That's a hint of giving server capasity for PS5:cool:
No, thats in my opinion a hint that Sony has an bad infrastructure and can't shuffle tasks for servers around. There is no point in shutting down servers, because those can be used for a different game rather automatically depending on demand in an good infrastructure.

Really disappointed Driveclub, all its DLC, and Driveclub Bikes were not on sale during Days of Play. The only other possible time for a sale is before August 31's closure.

About to download the game again only to realize i long ago lost my save file for this game :( and i was only one event away from 100% completion

But its cool getting to drive the p1 gtr in this game again will heal by pain :(:D

Well after hearing the news I loaded up Driveclub for the first time in a couple years. It is a weird feeling after the countless hours I spent chasing ghosts for world record spots. This game will always be my favorite racer. For the time being I shall try to recapture my bikes skills records. Hope I can get them all back before the servers go offline. To all those still playing and enjoying this beautiful game I salute you. :cheers:

Bad news: it seems the servers might have shut down prematurely (at least in some locations). I can't access challenges or leaderboards anymore since yesterday. Also all club accolades have been reset to zero. If I play any event the related single player accolades will also reset. Oddly my friend in the UK says everything is fine on his end.

Other people are also reporting similar issues:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/driveclub/340754-challenges-server-down.html

Anybody here can check? Since Evo Studios is gone I have no idea who to contact about this. PSN AU customer service is being useless as usual.

EDIT: 2 days later and it's fixed now. Lost a day's worth of progress but everything is back to normal otherwise. Phew!

Last edited:
Bad news: it seems the servers might have shut down prematurely (at least in some locations). I can't access challenges or leaderboards anymore since yesterday. Also all club accolades have been reset to zero. If I play any event the related single player accolades will also reset. Oddly my friend in the UK says everything is fine on his end.

Other people are also reporting similar issues:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/driveclub/340754-challenges-server-down.html

Anybody here can check? Since Evo Studios is gone I have no idea who to contact about this. PSN AU customer service is being useless as usual.

The servers are down for me as well. The only thing that works like normal is online lobbies.

Because the servers have been acting up again I've been grinding accolades offline the last few days. As tested before, the club cars are still available to use offline...but only for about 1-2 days. Beyond this it gets locked saying it will remain unavailable as long as your crew is inactive. So it seems that we won't be able to use them after all :(

Because the servers have been acting up again I've been grinding accolades offline the last few days. As tested before, the club cars are still available to use offline...but only for about 1-2 days. Beyond this it gets locked saying it will remain unavailable as long as your crew is inactive. So it seems that we won't be able to use them after all :(

Thats pretty ridiculous if so and it is also not going to get fixed too.

How come they never bothered to do a quick hot fix.

Thats pretty ridiculous if so and it is also not going to get fixed too.

How come they never bothered to do a quick hot fix.

Because Evo Studios went bust and there's no incentive for them to unlock these cars for offline.

Probably our only hope is to contact the ex-head of Evo Studios, Rushy (https://twitter.com/rushy33?lang=en), but seeing he now works for SMS there's probably zero chance he'll be able to do anything about DC.

Sad fact is, any always online game is not designed with longevity in mind and is bound to go down with the servers eventually (looking at you too, GT Sport).

Last edited:
Because Evo Studios went bust and there's no incentive for them to unlock these cars for offline.

Probably our only hope is to contact the ex-head of Evo Studios, Rushy (https://twitter.com/rushy33?lang=en), but seeing he now works for SMS there's probably zero chance he'll be able to do anything about DC.

Sad fact is, any always online stuff is not designed with longevity in mind and is bound to go down with the servers eventually (looking at you too, GT Sport).

I played offline and the cars were available never knew after 1 or 2 days they become locked.

Pretty ridiculous. So many racing games are still being played online while driveclub get its servers cut. It seems sony just wants to wipe the game out of its memory for good.

Sad fact is, any always online stuff is not designed with longevity in mind and is bound to go down with the servers eventually (looking at you too, GT Sport).
Evo didn't go bust, they were owned by Sony.

Sony shut them and abandoned the title.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_Studios

Pretty ridiculous. So many racing games are still being played online while driveclub get its servers cut. It seems sony just wants to wipe the game out of its memory for good.
Sony is poor at keeping their servers alive. It should be called out more, but until we reach this point or Sony realizes we have 2020 nowadays nothing will change.

I used to bad mouth for driveclub for being unplayable on the steering wheel. But now I after adjusting the settings I actually changed my mind.

Do not delete driveclub especially the dlc.

Because it seems you cant download look at the icon it does not flash white when you press on it, it does not download.

I have not deleted anything but I think if you delete everything you cant download your add ons I think.

20200225_193829.jpg

Back