Driving force pro alignment problem

• Thread starter dannn
  • 4 comments
i just bought a gfp wheel
it is so cool
but im having a problem

the alignment of the steering wheel gets off at random times and corrects itself at random times

the wheel on the screen will show centered but the actual dfp wheel will be about 10 degrees to the right

then after i start driving it will correct itself, usually during a turn, and it will cause me to spin out or get off my line. it is very frustrating.

ive searched for this problem but can find anything relavant to this specific problem

somone help!
thanks
-dan

Does it do this every time you race? The wheel calibrates itself at startup, I'm sure you've noticed... does it still do it after "rebooting"?

If it does, I would suggest taking advantage of the warranty. I bought mine used, refurbished by Logitech, and haven't had any problems with it. That might actually be the way to go.. the wheel, when new, does have a few minor flaws... the refurbished ones have these flaws corrected already. And they're cheaper. :)

i actually bought a refurbished one
im gonna try it out for a few more days before sending it back

i just want to know if anyone else has experienced this problem

dannn
i actually bought a refurbished one
im gonna try it out for a few more days before sending it back

i just want to know if anyone else has experienced this problem

I have had the same problem i am not sure what it is....But i did hear something shatter inside....although my steering isn't as far off as yours....I have been drifting so it has been used quite a lot....but almost the 3rd year i have had it...maybe it is replacement time

I think I mentioned it in the "Logitech Driving Force Pro Thread" but it could be

1. something obstructing/interfering with the optical sensor (check there is a clear line of sight between it and the main gear)

2. the rack being off centre (press down and slide to change its position)

Back