driving force pro issues

• Thread starter 440magnum
  • 15 comments
First of all im am new to these boards. I have owned my DFP for 9 months now and have had no issues. However recently my wheel has stopped auto-calibrating. the wheel is getting power and moves freely but has no control over a car at all. also the left green indicator light keeps blinking while the right one stays lit. i have emailed logitech about this and am waiting for a reply back. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

P.S. the wheel is not put under extreme use but is almost used daily.

Sounds like a dead ffb motor. On one of my DFP's the motor died and that's exactly what happened with the LED's flashing on the wheel.

How freely does the wheel spin? If there is no resistance on it then its defintiely dead as there is supposed to be resistance even when the wheel is turned off.

My wheel has been fine - more than happy. However...
The pedal box is giving me grief. the throttle can stick(not good when approaching an hairpin) and decided to do this at complete random. As it's just out of warranty I took it apart to find there is two wires running to each the brak and accelarator pedals. Somehow, these were rubbing/sticking. I pulled them apart and put it back together which it was a little fiddley with one pair of hands. Worked fine for a month or so, but now the smae proble is back. Oh well...

I don't know if anybody else is having this problem, but when I race le mans cars (like the Pescarolo or Nissan R91) on Le Mans, my wheel starts the shake very heavy on the fast part of the circuit. And with shake I do not mean the force feedback, I mean the wheel turns left and right really quickly. As a result I can't drive straight but the car zig-zags. I simply can't hold the wheel in the center position.
I only have this problem with high speed cars on bumpy tracks.

its deliberate on really long bumpy sections at insane speeds

much debate on whether its realistic or not

i find it exhilarating and doesnt interfere with keeping the car straight

turning down the force feedback will make it weaker

turning on steering assist might help if you really dont like it

i've had my wheel for about 3 months now and it worked great up until today.. i noticed when i did a quick countersteer, the steering got all screwy. if i were to hold the wheel straight, i'd be turning right constantly, and sometimes it'd get worse and i'd have to eitehr pause the game, or restart the race. anyone have this happen?

ok... I've been reading alot on the forums here about the DFP. Looks like its a great thing to buy BUT, it seems that it has many problems...

Now after all the problems that I've seen on this board, I'm a little affraid about getting it, you know its 230$ here in Quebec. Should I buy it anyway ????

Depends if you're prepared to take the pedals apart or not because they will surely fail after a while.

I decided to buy one despite knowing about the problems and havent regretted it.

Ikari_San
Depends if you're prepared to take the pedals apart or not because they will surely fail after a while.

I decided to buy one despite knowing about the problems and havent regretted it.

same here....i even have the first models...

atothesquiz
i've had my wheel for about 3 months now and it worked great up until today.. i noticed when i did a quick countersteer, the steering got all screwy. if i were to hold the wheel straight, i'd be turning right constantly, and sometimes it'd get worse and i'd have to eitehr pause the game, or restart the race. anyone have this happen?

Not on the PS2. But my Microsoft FFB wheel on the PC used to do that from time to time. Could never figure out why though...

Ikari_San

bought it yesterday lol

440magnum
...my wheel has stopped auto-calibrating. the wheel is getting power and moves freely but has no control over a car at all. also the left green indicator light keeps blinking while the right one stays lit...

I am having EXACTLY the same problem. The buttons work, but I can no longer steer a car. PLEASE post information if you get your problem resolved.

Thanks!

Pete

atothesquiz
Yep, same problem on my DFP. :grumpy: Makes the coffee breaks almost impossible because steering wheel and actual front wheels dont line up any more. :crazy: The more you snatch on the thing the worse it gets. :ouch: Sometimes you can snatch it back during gameplay, but usually end up resetting. :indiff:
Hopefully someone with more brains than I can shine some light on a solution. 💡

My DFP works fine still but it is pretty new. I was just wondering if Logitec had gotten back to anyone on the problem. Im kind of worried cause I really beat on my wheel, I have a very agressive racing style, I was just wondering if any one had indeed heard from Logitec.

Back