Driving Force Pro with (red) Momo Pedals

Hi,

Today I modified my (red) Momo Force Pedals to combine with the 900° Driving Force Pro
driving_force_pro_momo-pedal-mod-ok_small.jpg

It works great with GT4 P :)

The worktime is only 30 min.
Thereafter the Momo Pedal work with both Wheels :D

I think you know this, but to be on the safe side i want to point up again :

You must connect the new cable set parallel to the original.
After the modification the Momo Pedal-Unit have 2 cable set's !!!

( One for use with the Momo Wheel, and one for use with the DFP Wheel )

You must only to clamp the new cables in addition to the original Momo cables

The circuit diagram of my Modification
driving_force_pro_momo-pedal-mod_english_small-2.jpg

Sorry for my horrible English
If You have problems to understand , please send me a PM

Thank You .

Laters

Werner

Thanks! This will be very helpful, after dealing with Logitech with 2 worn out Momo's - I'm left with THREE sets of Momo pedals!

The DFP pedals are working great now but are not as solid as the Momo pedals.

I don't actually use a steering wheel or pedals but there must be some serious advantage to the momo force pedals if you're willing to change the circuit to work with a game when theres something else that is ready without work!!

Originally posted by Polyphony001
I don't actually use a steering wheel or pedals but there must be some serious advantage to the momo force pedals if you're willing to change the circuit to work with a game when theres something else that is ready without work!!

Obviously you don't know Werner ... :lol: He's got almost every wheel available for the PS2 and he spends more time modifying them than actually using them. :D

The (Red) MoMo's pedals are quite nice, they're metal and they can be pressed from almost any angle and are more comfortable and precise.

The Momo brake pedal can be made harder by putting a squash ball under it. I didn't do it myself yet, but many GPL players did that.

Arwin
Obviously you don't know Werner ... :lol: He's got almost every wheel available for the PS2 and he spends more time modifying them than actually using them. :D

The (Red) MoMo's pedals are quite nice, they're metal and they can be pressed from almost any angle and are more comfortable and precise.

Mad. Absolutely mad.

Thank's Toler

By the way,
Is here anyone that has conect the Playstation 2 with Homecinema / "Dolby Sorround"
I'm wold like to upgrade with sorround sound, but what dolby system I must have for GT3 & GT4 Prologue

Dolby Digital
AC3
Dolby Pro Logic II

:confused: :ill:

ja, ich hab die playse einfach an meinen verstärker angeschlossen - kabel auseinander oder extra chinch und ab dafür !?

So far GT only supports Dolby Prologic II...

Werner is obviously mad because he's driving that NSX in reverse up the corkscrew?????

I'm trying to build my own mini cockpit and mod my DFP pedals to mount them 15 degrees from vertical upside down so the action is the same as in my car, (up and away from the floor, not down and into it) as I'm not a ballerina and can't point my toes.

Does anyone on the Gold Coast Australia have a spare set of momo pedals?

Should I mod the momopedals rather than the DFP ones?

Has anyone done this kind of mod before?

Werner,

do you know where I can order spare pots for the DFP pedals? The little plastic one's I mean.

marco

Hi,

I`m not 100% sure , but I think You can use the 10K Pedal-Potentiometers from Logitech ( black) Momo Racing Force.
( without engagement )

A Momo Racing Force Pedal repait-kit, You can find by Digi-Key
In Parts Search tipe in this Part-Number :
963282-KIT-ND

Alternative You can try to repear the Pot with Caig Labs Cailube MCL :
http://shopping.netledger.com/s.nl/c.ACCT113328/sc.2/category.183/it.A/id.1751/.f

( A Superior Lubricant for Conductive Plastics & Carbon-based Controls )

Good luck!

later's

:)

Werner,

thank you for your answer. I allready found the Digikey site via the wingmanteam site. Aidan from Logi mail me that the pots of the Momo R are the same as the DFP. So I ordered 5 sets of them. Should be long enough too outlive the lifetime of USB connections I hope.

With these spares the DFP should last a very loooooong time.

tnx again.

marco

You are to be sure that the Pot is damaged !?
( You have checked the Pot )

Maybe the Momo Racing Force & Driving Force Pro have a Pedal Problem with there Potentiometer mount.

I think the Potentiometer-Shaft is a little to lax in the hole of the Pedal.
( sometimes the Pot can to jump out of the fastener . )

You can see it nice in a gt4p Replay :)
Yo havent full throttle or drive with brake

If You to unplug & to plug the USB, therafter the Pedal works accurate ( awhile )

( At Your own Risk ! )
In the Potentiometer-Shaft is a verry small steel spring !
I think this steel spring isnt sufficient to hold the Potentiometer in right position.

Mybe You can try to wrap round the Potentiometer-Shaft with a little of parchment paper .

👍

Sorry, I cant to translate in errorfree english :ouch:

I'm upload a how to repair drawing for Driving Force Pro in next days

Laters
:)

Hi,

Please Dont cut the Momo cable set :scared:
You dont must cut a cable !

You can connect the Driving Force Pro pedal-cable parallel to the original Momo pedal cable .

Thereafter You have two connection cables on the Momo pedal unit .

1.)
Open the Momo Pedal unit , inside You see the two potentiometers and the cables :
blue , orange , brown and Yellow

------------------------------------------------------------------

2.)
Open the Driving Force Pro Pedal unit and remove the cable set ( black , white , green and red )

3.)
connect the black cable of the Driving Force Pro cable set,
with the brown Momo cable (plug on the potentiometer)

connect the white cable of the Driving Force Pro cable set, with the orange Momo cable (plug on the potentiometer)

connect the green cable of the Driving Force Pro cable set, with the yellow Momo cable (plug on the potentiometer)

connect the red cable of the Driving Force Pro cable set, with the blue Momo cable (plug on the potentiometer)

For information :
If You measuring the original Driving Force Pro cable set , You see :

The black wire is connectet with Pin 6 of the Sub-D/9 male connector

The white wire is connectet with Pins 2 and 7 of the Sub-D/9 male connector

The green wire is connectet with Pins 3 and 8 of the Sub-D/9 male connector

The red wire is connectet with Pins 4 and 9 of the Sub-D/9 male connector

http://www.beepworld.de/memberdatei..._force_pro_momo-pedal-mod_english_small-2.jpg

By the Way,
You can add a Sub-D/9 female connector direct in the momo pedal unit.

Thereafter You can connect the Momo Prdals with a simple Sub-D 9 Pin extension cable 👍

The Pin's 1 and 5 of the Sub-D 9 Pin extension cable you must to break away

I'm have build in a 4 Pin screw joint Microphone Jack in my Momo Pedal 👍

The Driving Force Pro Wheel has a own power supply unit

If You use the Momo Wheel, You must connect the power supply unit with the Momo Pedals .

If You use the Driving Force Pro with the Momo Pedals, You must connect the power supply unit with the Driving Force Pro Wheel :)

( The Values of the power supply's are the same, You dont must change the power supply by Wheel change )

Sorry for my horrible english.

laters
Werner

You can connect the DFP wheel to the Momo Force pedals without any modification.
You have just to make a special cable (DB9 male connector - DB25 male connector) like that :

attachment.php

The pins #1 and #5 of the DB9 male connector must be broken.
To make the cable, simplest is to use a parallel printer cable, then cut it and connect it with a DB9 male connector.

VV
You can connect the DFP wheel to the Momo Force pedals without any modification.
You have just to make a special cable (DB9 male connector - DB25 male connector) like that :

attachment.php

The pins #1 and #5 of the DB9 male connector must be broken.
To make the cable, simplest is to use a parallel printer cable, then cut it and connect it with a DB9 male connector.

Hi, VV

Do You have tested this adapter by self ?

Inside the original MOMO pedal connector is integrated a additive electric resistance !

Thats my motive for connecting direct at the momo potentiometers.

I'm played with the idea of a simple adapter too, but I cockled the idea by detecting the additive resistance.

Maybe the electronic-kalibration of the Driving Force Pro can to compensate this but I dont have tested it.

If You can, please upload a GT4 Prologue Replay driven with Your adapter.
( Gas and Brake work with 100% ??? )

Thank You

Laters
Werner :)

Hi Werner.

The cable has been tested by several guys.
For me and some guys it works. Perfectly. 100% for gas and brakes.
Attached one of my GT4P replays made with my cable. Everything is ok.

But for some others guys the cable don’t work correctly. From time to time, the brakes are on (approximately 10%) without pressing the brakes pedal.

Regards,
VV.

Attachments

• VV-FitRaceCar-TC-2'23.804.zip
    13.1 KB · Views: 112
Thats nice !

But for some others guys the cable don’t work correctly. From time to time, the brakes are on (approximately 10%) without pressing the brakes pedal..

Thats not a error of the adapter-cable 👍

Maybe by this guys the Potentiometer isnt correct fixated :)

laters
Werner

Werner:
I have two sets of Momo pedals and would like to convert 1 exclusively for the DFP.

I opened the Momo pedals, cut the cable, and connected the DFP cable as you showed:

MOMO DFP
BROWN BLACK
ORANGE WHITE
YELLOW GREEN
BLUE RED

GT4 doesn't recognize pedals at all, I'll reopen pedals and recheck connections, any ideas (especially about resistance you mentioned above)
THANKS

Hi Slip Angle

Sorry I dont have GT4 ( only GT4P )

First Check the multipoint connector
Is it joined right ( loose contact )

Are there twisted Pins

If the multipoint connector OK :
Do You have tested it with GT3 too ?
( Work it with GT3 ? )

If it not work with GT3, there can be a error in the wiring !

Notice,
The original momo cables must be connected with the Pedal-Potentiometers too !
http://www.beepworld.de/memberdatei..._force_pro_momo-pedal-mod_english_small-2.jpg

( The blue and the brown Momo Cable have a bridge from Brake-Potentiometer to the Accerator-Potentiometer )

I'm upload quickest possible a easy drawing: How to connect the Momo-Pedals to the Driving Force Pro Wheel, without to grip from the Momo Cables.

I to give notice You via PM

If Your DFP Wheel / Momo-Pedal Work with GT3, there must be a other error !?

Please to try this :
Delete the File "YOUR_SYSTEMCONFIGURATION" from Your Memory-Card , and restard Your Playstation2

( Thereafter the Playstation2 to remeasure the Wheel and Pedal Values 👍

Please give me notice if it Work or not Work

Thank You

Laters
Werner

This is the schematic :
How to connect the Momo-Pedals to the Driving Force Pro Wheel, by using the original Driving Force Pro cable only
( without to grip from the Momo Cables.)

No responsibility is taken for the correctness of this information !

Laters
Werner

Attachments

• Momo-Pedals_to_DFP-Wheel.jpg
    Momo-Pedals_to_DFP-Wheel.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 530
Thanks for your quick reply.
I used about 12 inches of the original Momo cable due to the bridged connections and connected the DFP cable further up where it's a 4 wire to 4 wire splice, using your colors.
I'll open the pedals again and defintely let you know soon, I would like to get back to GT4....

Update:
Did not work with GT3 or GT4. Rechecked connector, both ends ok. Wiring connected. Pots secure. I tried with the cover off, working the pedals upside down. I will try it on PC with LFS. Thanks again WW!

Slip Angle 415
Update:
Did not work with GT3 or GT4. Rechecked connector, both ends ok. Wiring connected. Pots secure. I tried with the cover off, working the pedals upside down. I will try it on PC with LFS. Thanks again WW!

Do You use the cable from the old or the new Driving Force Pro Pedal-Unit ?
The old use blue plastic Potentiometers
The New use metall Potentiometers

Attachments

• Driving-Force-Pro_New-Potentiometers.jpg
    Driving-Force-Pro_New-Potentiometers.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 357
  • Driving-Force-Pro_OLD-Potentiometers.jpg
    Driving-Force-Pro_OLD-Potentiometers.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 369
Werner Winkels
Do You use the cable from the old or the new Driving Force Pro Pedal-Unit ?
The old use blue plastic Potentiometers
The New use metall Potentiometers

I'm using the old, original DFP cable, for the blue plastic pots set-up, unit purchased December, 2003

My DFP cable end is a 7 pin male (not 9 pins like your schematic)

So maybe it is wired wrong!

Also not recognized in Logitech profiler (sees DFP wheel, not pedals)

Thanks Again

Back