Driving Force Pro

• Thread starter Gsir8
  • 22 comments
How much better is GT4P with the driving force pro? I just bought one on ebay for $86.00, and was wondering if it was worth the money.

BTW, is there anyway to open any more tracks in the GT4P on the Japenese version?
(Didn't feel like opening another thread)

Gsir8
How much better is GT4P with the driving force pro? I just bought one on ebay for $86.00, and was wondering if it was worth the money.

BTW, is there anyway to open any more tracks in the GT4P on the Japenese version?
(Didn't feel like opening another thread)

Are you waiting for it to be delivered, because if you have plugged it in, you would know how good it is :)
It is the mutts nuts! The feedback, the true relationship between wheel and tyres is... :drool: . With the DS2 you have driving assist, even when you switch off driving aids, with the DFPro it is pure!!

As for tracks, I'm not sure. There are codes here to get Hong Kong, but you you need swap disk etc :)

Ya, the new one Im pretty sure. This one:
2710.jpg

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,crid=97,contentid=7226,detail=2

Yesterday, I recibed mine. First impressions: Prologue is a different game! Without driver assist, control traction and normal tires, it is very challenging, and also it depends A LOT on the type of car you drive (that shows how realistic is handling in GT4P).

I let my wife try it, she's very new to this kind of games (she loves RTS games), so I switched on driver assists, control traction and arcade tires. After a few laps, she was starting to learn (she drives in RL too), and when it was my turn, I forgot to go back to the simulation setting, and what a surprise! It is very, very, very funny, very arcade, but also "real" in a weird way...

I am still learning and waiting for a free afternoon to get a good training with the wheel and the racing seat, but with this wheel, GT4 will be an amazing experience, even if you go for a quick, arcade race.

One last thing, like in RL, when you lose your car, it is very challenging (because of the 900 degrees of turn) to "recover it", almost scary!

holy **** yeah its worth so much more than you paid. in the UK, brand new, the wheel retails at £98!!!!!! thats alot!

well definately! i really want this wheel and gt4, problem is im supposed to be saving for my bday in november for a car :S would anybody like to donate to the buy-squeek-a-gt-force-pro-wheel charity? :)

godzilla_GTR
does prologue work with the normal driving-force?thanks in advance

Yes...but obviously it doesn't do 900 degree, and much worse, there are assists that you can't turn off. The wheel will only turn a little amount at speed, only the DFPro has a direct relationship between the position of the steering wheel and the direction of the wheels.

PS you could have searched :)

Lol, I've had a logitech force feeback wheel since GT3 was released and it wasn't until today that I made a discovery about it.

I was doing a particularly intence bit of driving when I pulled the wheel too much, and heard the usual clunk, 'dam, the clamp has come loose again, doh, it always happens on a good lap', I thought. However this time it was somthing different.

The bottom of one of the clamps had broken off, so instead of being shapped like a letter G the bottom of the clamp is now shapped like a letter L.
On closer inspection I discovered that the bottom of the clamp is not broken, the peice that has come off will clip back into place. It was designed to come off. Doh, how obvious. So I quickly snap off the bottom of the second clamp and refit the wheel to the desk. It now fits on the desk much better, infact it's acually quite difficult to pull the wheel of the desk now.

Is the new driving force pro designed with the same clamps a with removable bottom section? Is this a well know feature of the GT3 logitech wheels clamps?

wrong ... they're the same on DFP - with removing part ... just took a look at my ... :)

vipersan
wrong ... they're the same on DFP - with removing part ... just took a look at my ... :)

my mistake. i had the Wingman FF wheel before. but that one definitely has different clamps to it.

Anybody that can at least answer my question, thank you!!!!
BTW(English is not my primary language, so I hope you can understand me)

I just have the money for the Driving Force Pro, but my question is if the wheel that is pluged in the USB port has a long cable?, or you need to have the wheel really close to the playstation?

This is because I have a big screen TV and I cant have the wheel to close to the TV and the playstation, I hope you understand me and answer my question, thanx.....

fabro_s
Anybody that can at least answer my question, thank you!!!!
BTW(English is not my primary language, so I hope you can understand me)

I just have the money for the Driving Force Pro, but my question is if the wheel that is pluged in the USB port has a long cable?, or you need to have the wheel really close to the playstation?

The USB cable is 2.0m long.

If that isn't long enough, you could pull the PS2 away from the TV as well :)

I just got it today, and have only used it for about 30 min, but I already love it. I need alot of practice with the wheel, but it is much more realistic. You have to fight the wheel just to keep it straight some time. Anyone with GT4P or going to get GT4 should definately get one!

Back