Driving Mission 1 will not clear

• Thread starter KevsfastZ
  • 49 comments
Hey guys,

So I am 99.8% complete with the game, searching through all the races to make sure I got all gold, then i go into the Driving Missions and find that the first mission does not have the "mission clear" stamp on it. So, I just race it and beat it no problem and it will not show that I completed it. This makes no sense to me. Anyone have a clue on why this is?

Much obliged,

Kevin D

KevsfastZ
Hey guys,

So I am 99.8% complete with the game, searching through all the races to make sure I got all gold, then i go into the Driving Missions and find that the first mission does not have the "mission clear" stamp on it. So, I just race it and beat it no problem and it will not show that I completed it. This makes no sense to me. Anyone have a clue on why this is?

Much obliged,

Kevin D
What version of the game do you have? PAL? NTSC? Asian?

Back-up on what? Another memory card? I don’t think that will solve anything but it's worth a shot. So if that doesn't work I'm screwed? There’s no way to fix it?

Well, there might be, but I don't know. Did you have it cleared originally before you went through the game looking for unfinished things?

Hmmmm. This is a rather large thing than. Um...well, try the backup thing and see if that works. What was the last race you completed that wasn't formerly done?

Has it ever been cleared? Did it just unclear itself?

Or you finished it ages ago, but aren't sure if ever cleared or not.?

ferrari_chris
Has it ever been cleared? Did it just unclear itself?

Or you finished it ages ago, but aren't sure if ever cleared or not.?

No I'm positive I cleared it, and now its uncleared. This is getting annoying, I mean im at 99.8%

KevsfastZ
No I'm positive I cleared it, and now its uncleared. This is getting annoying, I mean im at 99.8%
Finished or cleared. You may have finished it ages ago, but it never cleared, just like it's doing now. Do you think it cleared previously?

ferrari_chris
Finished or cleared. You may have finished it ages ago, but it never cleared, just like it's doing now. Do you think it cleared previously?

Yes I'm sure, I got 1st place and got a stamp and then it disappeared and I went and got first again got my money and still is not there.

Hmmmm, sounds like you're screwed then.

Maybe they're using two (or more) different systems to clear it.

What I mean is:

When you first finish it, it trips two triggers. One says that it can't be 'cleared' again because you've already cleared it. The other system puts up the sign and adds to the percentage.
Somehow the second system got turned off, and so the sign disappeared, and the percentage came of your total.
However, the first system still says you've cleared it once, so won't let you clear it again. :scared:

Anyway, this is just an idea.

I think you're pretty much screwed.

Look at it this way, at least you get to play it all again. :)

ferrari_chris
Look at it this way, at least you get to play it all again. :)

thats not gonna happen for a looonng time, so in other words I did ALL THAT racing and this happens? 99.8% and thats it? I think this is garbage, this is not right at all

i know mission 1 may say its not cleared - but i am doubting that is the problem. I don't know about your tv, but on mine the bronze medals look almost exactly the same as golds - hence i would check, then double check, and check again for fun just to be sure there isn't a bronze sneaking around in there. it doesn't sound like you are going to get any joy out of mission 1 at this stage so you may as well explore other areas first.

Did you get the prize car for completing the first 10 missions?
I heard there was a bug in NTSC version that stopped you getting 100% if mission 1 was done out of sequence.
Do a search for GT4 bugs may help.

Ezz777
i know mission 1 may say its not cleared - but i am doubting that is the problem. I don't know about your tv, but on mine the bronze medals look almost exactly the same as golds - hence i would check, then double check, and check again for fun just to be sure there isn't a bronze sneaking around in there. it doesn't sound like you are going to get any joy out of mission 1 at this stage so you may as well explore other areas first.

Yeah I did that over and over time and time again and its all gold, but its just that mission, it has to be that mission

Uncle Harry
Did you get the prize car for completing the first 10 missions?
I heard there was a bug in NTSC version that stopped you getting 100% if mission 1 was done out of sequence.
Do a search for GT4 bugs may help.

ding ding ding, can't believe it took that long for this to be mentioned

I have VERY bad news for you - you did nothing wrong but apparently you didn't do M1 first, and the game screws up....

kennythebomb
ding ding ding, can't believe it took that long for this to be mentioned

I have VERY bad news for you - you did nothing wrong but apparently you didn't do M1 first, and the game screws up....

yeah but I DID get the prize car, the DeLoran or something

kennythebomb
That's not the point.

We all know you did M1 already.....but the point is GT4 can't handle that you didn't do M1 first.

I did do it first, it was one of the first things I did before I got my IB license It was one of the first 10% when i first started playing

I can only suggest you look in the German Manufactures events ( Audi ) for the 3 race event that is a Championship (Audi TT I think). You may have done them thinking they were single event races and not the championship.
Try entering the championship again.

From memory it is the only championship series with 3 races and that seems to trick many players.

Back