Driving Revolution, wow!

• Thread starter sicbeing
  • 29 comments
Cribanox
So right now I just passed level 11, all S. This is much more fun than GT4's license tests. So far I've completed all the way to 12 with all S results. Anyone think I have what it takes to get ALL S on every level? :scared:

sounds as if you're a good driver! i haven't played a lot of DR (level 7 or 8) but i think they're are a bit harder but also funnier than the Licence Tests or the Missions in GT4!

viper

sicbeing
So right now I just passed level 11, all S. This is much more fun than GT4's license tests. So far I've completed all the way to 12 with all S results. Anyone think I have what it takes to get ALL S on every level? :scared:

Yeah, but remember, the bar tutor you how to drive around.

I S'd em all. The hardest one was the very last one with the caterham Z on Cosmic Eggway. I couldn't hold the drift long enough around that turn for the life of me.

And the one with the Audi R8 took me a few tries as well.

I S'd 'em all, but I must admit that I cheated in the Caterham test :ouch:

My favourite level is the R8 one. Took me many tries to get the "S" on the last one (the full lap ... if I recall correctly I even celebrated the "S" with a new thread here :D ) but by the time I got it I knew Loewesenring so well that it became the circuit where I would later (in EL) win my most "against all odds" wins (count also the fact that there is a flaw in the AI cars there ... they decelerate or even brake at the "parabolica")

So far my most hated ones are the ones that dont have you follow a "race line", instead try to make you feel like your aiming for targets with a gun (like the evo rally ones)

I couldn't pass the drifting ones without using the clutch. I just couldn't get a handle on putting the cars sideways and keeping them there. I kept over-correcting or just letting it get too far and spinning. The R8 at Lowensenring (I know, I can't spell it, it's been a while since I played it) was a great challenge to clear with a S ranking.

i liked the one at Tsukuba with the Lexus IS200. this car loves to drift through the corners and especially through the hairpin *gg*

viper

Ok, Ive already beaten 16, im just really getting into it, so much sideways action in these tests, i absolutly love them compared to GT4 or Gt3.

My favorite ones so far are the ones on dragon range, because Ive got a bit of experience on that one in time trial. I think the easiest one in the top levels are the ones on the Speediapolis Ring (lvl 12), but the salom at 150+ MPH was hard!

The one i hate the most now, are the ones at Wintertraum, i absolutly HATE any snow driving, in any game, but surprisingly the only one that gave me any real trouble was the first one, with the salom.

Going for 17 right now, i hate the looks of it

I really like Driving Revolution, but my only beefs with it is that it doesn't offer any flexibility in driving style (which is a huge part of racing), and the placement of the targets is sometimes very pointless.

I have to say that M34 in GT4 is much harder than the final Lowenseering test, but I haven't passed that DR test, so maybe I should keep my mouth shut ;)

Ok, so. updates. I beat lvl 17 stages 1, 2, and 3. I'm suck on getting the last S. So far, Ive got the A !! lol.

Yea, id have to admit, these are not as hard to me as the Gt4 missions or tests were. These are easier because you cna easily see almost exactly where you're at fault. In gt4, you dont see much besides sector times, which doesnt let you know where you've screwed up, it just lets you know that you arent fast enough.

With the brackets in enthusia, its easy to tell how much you need to slow down, or what angle you need, for the most part anyway. GT4 just angers me because itll throw you in a 3 lap race and pretty much says "win". The only reason im having a lot of trouble in on the last test in enthusia is because its so long, i dont do good in long tests because i get nervous about the fact that you have a long time to easily screw up, and one screw up means start from the begginning. at least in the other tests it was all in short sections, so that made it easier to figure out how to win (dont have to remember as much)

i feel like i want to throw my DFp out the window, so ill save trying to get the S until tomorrow. im just so pissed off at the game that i cant even see straight, it was really fun until this point.

Oh yea, i'll get it, didnt get a chance to tonight, and i did try the challenge level... how do they expect you to drive when all you can do is steer and ebrake? lol

I coudlnt have done anything in this game without a dfp, not sure how anyone could pass anything lvl2+ without it.

sicbeing
I coudlnt have done anything in this game without a dfp, not sure how anyone could pass anything lvl2+ without it.

I couldn't really tell you how I did it. I just sorta....did it.

Actually using the DS2 isn't that hard. It's all about the how sensitive you turn the analog and just getting used to. I cant drift the race cars with the dfp but i did it using the DS2 (NSX Race car and that Mazda one). It was fun :)

Funny, My buddy won't go anywhere near the steering wheel. I'll do just some mediocre runs IMO and he'll get so jealous he'll be like "damn, let me try that" Then he proceeds to knock down every wall in site and says "Screw you, you make that look so easy. I just don't get how you do that"

Then he goes and does just as good with the controller as I did with the wheel and I try the controller and proceed to knock down every wall in site.

It's rather amusing really and great for one-ups manship.

But in the end I win because it just looks better than pressing some buttons and twidling your joystick when your tossing the wheel around, reaching for the shifter, popping the clutch, working the pedals, hand over handing it smooth as silk as the car goes sideways through the turns with a nice smoke trail and a pair of dark lines in your wake.........Damnit I'm in love with drifting. lol.

rsmithdrift
the car goes sideways through the turns with a nice smoke trail and a pair of dark lines in your wake.........Damnit I'm in love with drifting. lol.

that sounds very poetic!! nice comment.....

viper

viperpilot
well done Hun200kmh!! i admire you for "S"-ing it!!

viper

Thx :D As I said it was one year ago. All you need to do is practise, the "S" isn't as far away as it seems when you start trying to get it.

I wouldnt say it gets harder as the levels get higher, just gets "different" (just got to learn the track/car during the test, wasnt any real big deal for me anyway)

The only ones I'd say are hard are the ones in dirt or snow.

kylehnat
I really like Driving Revolution, but my only beefs with it is that it doesn't offer any flexibility in driving style (which is a huge part of racing), and the placement of the targets is sometimes very pointless.
Sometimes there isn't room for flexibility of style, though. Some of the gates' placements are odd because you just might end up with your car on a less-than-ideal line, too.

To me, the DR mode is just as much about driver education. After teaching where to put the car on various corners & transitions, it'll throw a knuckleball, forcing you to drive on the wrong line at the wrong speed -- just as if you were, say, having to deal with traffic.

By comparison, GT4 doesn't encourage much racing education -- it often just throws you on track and says, "Good luck."

Anyway, good to see that a bunch of drivers got into Enthusia. I'm keeping mine as long as I have my PS2.

RcWr
What's the point of getting S? More unlocked cars or something?

Yep -- as you earn S's you unlock more car classes (F, E, D, C, B, A) for Free Race, Versus, and Time Attack. If you get all S's, you earn the R class cars.

Back