Dropping Frames (fps)...

• Thread starter Qxs-Storm
  • 4 comments
I seem to have less frames per second than I used to.... this is a recent development and my testing today suggests that I'm either crazy, or there is a looming hardware failure.

Is there any tool to measure fps in GT% or PS3 in general ?

Loading times and hard drive activity are normal.... it's raw frames per second that are down. Thinking overheating atm... will try a fan I guess... or I'm crazy.

You crazy son.

But there are a few times where the framerate might drop noticeable, on tight corners, on traffic jams, on city tracks...

Yup...
but this is something different... I tried WipeOutHD and it ran flawlessly for a couple races... so I'm inclined to think that this is a problem with the recent update OR my install files.

Online play is pretty bad atm, sometimes the screen tearing is shameful.. unplayable imho.. I completed the 24h of Lemans over the summer (no issues) and I just now came from an online Lemans lobby, it's terrible really.. unplayable imho.

Over the last month or so I've had 3 lockups of GT5.. 2 of which required a hard reset, 3 beeps when it did it...

Anyhow... guess I'll just ignore it until something explodes or fixes itself. :)

Try cache clearing. Might help if you haven't done so already or haven't cleared in a long time.

I seem to have less frames per second than I used to.... this is a recent development and my testing today suggests that I'm either crazy, or there is a looming hardware failure.

Is there any tool to measure fps in GT% or PS3 in general ?

Loading times and hard drive activity are normal.... it's raw frames per second that are down. Thinking overheating atm... will try a fan I guess... or I'm crazy.

What do you expect from a console with 256mb Ram and 512mb Video Ram ?

Had that problem on GTPlanet in the Video Forum.If you have a post with 10 Youtube videos in it , the PS 3 crashes and gives you a out of memory error. ;)

raVer

Back