(DRRGTC) DRR's Grand Touring ChampionshipFinished 

• Thread starter Sinyster
  • 292 comments
There will be NO passing before the start
There will be NO weaving during the formation lap
Formation lap will be done in SINGLE FILE
The vehicle in first position determines when to go before the start line once the GREEN FLAG has been shown
Any incidents happening before the start of the race will be looked upon harshly.

EVERYONE LIKE THIS QUOTE ASAP

There will be NO passing before the start
There will be NO weaving during the formation lap
Formation lap will be done in SINGLE FILE
The vehicle in first position determines when to go before the start line once the GREEN FLAG has been shown
Any incidents happening before the start of the race will be looked upon harshly.

20 minutes and I will be calling in teams. Please be prepared to enter the lobby once called in!

As I did mention to Noir, I have been swamped in messages so I missed your notification in the sea of them. I do deeply apologize and will put my full effort in making your team properly outfitted for the next events. You have my word!

It's ok these things happen! 👍

But yes , now that the cat is out of the bag, I can formally confirm that Delta Force Racing exists.

And that I plan for us to be a Force to be reckoned with ;)

Ok, so we had an exciting race and a job well done to all of the teams and drivers! Results will be out in a week's time, no excuses.

We look forward to seeing you at the next event: 4 Hours @ Spa-Francorchamps on Saturday, August 26th!

Ok so, I was planning on going on a long rant about individual people but I figured that'd lead to me seeming like an ass, so I will refrain from doing so. But it doesn't mean I won't state some things.

First statement: DRIVERS

First off, I will state that most drivers do fairly well when it comes to the track as time has gone on. The beginning of the DRRTES (as most here also participated in), there were track limits abuse EVERYWHERE. Thankfully a lot of people have understood we take track limits seriously and the amount of offenses has gone down a great deal, so cheers to you all for that 👍. What I will come up to next is avoidable contact. I understand incidents happen, and some bumping and grinding will happen (giggity), but when it comes to other cars on track around you, please, please, PLEASE watch your mirrors, I don't want to see people's races going down the gutter due to someone not checking their surroundings and sending someone off the track and into a barrier.

Second statement: TEAMS

I know that while we may not have a full grid of teams at all times, but I am glad that a majority of you have stuck around with us despite hiccups in the process. But from now on, I want to have team issues sorted way before a race. As I mentioned to some drivers earlier, communication is a wonderful thing. Talk to each other, work things out, and COMMUNICATE. If you have problems with something, or don't understand a process, ask your team manager or someone in the officials, we're here to help you and each other.

We also will NOT be having a repeat of what happened prior to this past race, of two teams sending in one driver unbeknownst to their teammates. If this is to happen again, NEITHER driver will race. I will not be combining drivers to fix a team. If you make a mistake, that is on you. It all comes back to communication between each other.

Also, regarding a team with their drivers, I can understand if a driver is unavailable for an event, so it's always good to have a few drivers to rely on, but from now on, let's try to refrain from team swapping each race. If you have a team, run it, if you don't, then you may just be out of luck and have to wait until you are next available. My own team had to do that this event due to both of my drivers being unavailable.

Third statement: STAFF

We need to stop slacking
By no means are we perfect organizers, we know this. But we all need to start working together and not spend as much time goofing off as we do. It's understandable if life events cause things to be delayed, but when we set out to get things finished and posted within a week, especially now with our tighter schedule, delays should be minimized if cut out completely. No one is blameless in this regard, either.

BoP needs to start as soon as an event is over, either the same night or the very next day so we can have things ready for the teams and drivers to get to practicing so they can set a qualifying lap the next week at their top pace.

Results (@StigsTC) need to be worked on right away. I know it is a lot of paperwork but I know that you can get it done within a week, so no more dilly dallying and causing things to get behind.

Final statement

Everyone, we need to re-familiarize ourselves with the rules. Too many times now I have had to remind people of how to perform simple tasks that we've been doing for almost a year (or more, depending on who you are). I understand if you are a new driver to the series, or just new to endurance racing in general, but to those who have been participating, a lack of understanding of simple rules is something that shouldn't be happening. Now, for the DRRGTC, the rules have been tweaked a bit from the DRRTES, which in turn was a tweak from the GTPSCS, but the basics remain the same. If for any reason you are confused about a rule or need a refresher, PLEASE REACH OUT TO SOMEONE. We're a friendly group of racers who all come to race and have a good event.

Thank you for reading and have a good day!

Last edited:
Another thing I'd like to point out is that people need to be aware of where they are on track with regards to track position. A good battle is nice to have every now and then but people trying to defend for too long when they're clearly out of position is just absurd and dangerous.

Hmmm, about what Noir mentioned, I recall seeing some moments where cars were fighting out of sequence of one another. One car fighting a car that's laps ahead and lacking pace to the car lapping them, for example.

If you're being approached by a car that's faster but trying to unlap itself, I can kinda see why it'd be a great idea to battle them since it does play into the strategic element...

Fighting the leading car when you're 2 laps down, however... I'd be inclined to say you're looking to make them cause a detrimental error or unnecessary risk. Some may argue its a strategy, I just feel like its an instance that isn't a good idea... not when it comes to being lapped anyway, especially if you are aware you are being lapped.

We know it's hard to actually keep an idea of the gaps in Practice Mode on a lobby since we've no timed gap indicators between cars. We also know that since this is a single class event, blue flags aren't a thing mainly due to my first statement.

Neither should be an excuse for not paying attention to obvious things, however, and teams should be relaying information between their drivers on what the current situation on track is.

Last edited:
I had so much motivation, destroy in 4 words. lmao
When someone told you to "stop talking and drive"? They were correct to do so.

Let's talk pragmatics for a moment.

GT Sport is on its way in a couple months. Therefore, despite the idea perhaps being absolutely amazing... waaaaaaay too late in the life cycle of the game and the series to be doing into THAT much depth.

To put it nicely; put that motivation towards GT Sport, because if you can... there's going to be a lot of people that will ask for your help.

; put that motivation towards GT Sport, because if you can... there's going to be a lot of people that will ask for your help.

On GT sport, back to reality of being far away from top tier. Many more guys will be better than me in that job :(, and honestly i'm looking to invest in iRacing and not in ps4/gt sport for now.

And yeah my revolutionary idea was too much in the short time. See you on track.

TO ALL TEAMS

QUALIFYING PRACTICE SESSIONS HAVE BEEN SET UP AND WILL START IN 14 HOURS FROM NOW. THEY WILL BE RUNNING UNTIL FRIDAY NIGHT.

TEAM MANAGERS

Can you please refer to the rules regarding Starting Driver and Driver Lineup this week, and remind yourselves of any regs that are not 100% clear to you.

In light of the recent events, I would also suggest people note down a copy of the Local Driver Swap procedure in case of Force Majeure scenarios.

Back