Drunk Idiot Destroys Enzo

More than anything, he's an idiot for letting anyone else drive it in the first place (if in fact his "friend" was driving).

That, or the dumbest news report in the entire world. Is the Malibu news like that every day? Holy crap, what an unclear focus.

"FERRARI ENZO IS LIEK, OBVIOUSLY SAFE. SUM GAI DIETRICH RAN AWAY! THE ENZO GOES LIKE 200 MPH! NICHOLAS CAGE OWNS THIS CAR!"

:rolleyes:

Omnis
That, or the dumbest news report in the entire world. Is the Malibu news like that every day? Holy crap, what an unclear focus.

"FERRARI ENZO IS LIEK, OBVIOUSLY SAFE. SUM GAI DIETRICH RAN AWAY! THE ENZO GOES LIKE 200 MPH! NICHOLAS CAGE OWNS THIS CAR!"

:rolleyes:
The amount that the local news screws up would scare the crap out of you. You think they're bad with cars, wait to you hear a report when a gun is involved.

And no, I don't believe it for a second that he was the passenger. He obviously was the driver. A DNA test on the blood found on the airbag should prove that, I think.

Does a nation have to have a monarchy in order for a person to be considered a National?

No. It just simply means you're from that country. If I were in China I would be a US national.

So how the hell is everyone with this "national" title so incredibly rich and crap all the time?

I just saw this on the new. :lol: They did say that driver ran, so he obviously had something to hide.

The owner said the driver ran, the owner was over the blood-alcohol limit so the police are looking into it.

VIPERGTSR01
The owner said the driver ran, the owner was over the blood-alcohol limit so the police are looking into it.
Ah, I see. If he indeed was the driver, I hope he pays his dues. I'm not the biggest fan of drunk drivers. :mischievous:

another crying shame.....

another example of more money than brains

Why does every Ferrari that is involved in a bad crash splits into two? Is it something with the way they were designed or were they supposed to be like that? The previous Enzo that crashed split into two as well, and I've seen pics of 360 Modenas and 355s that split. :confused:

Just noticed that the Enzo doesn't have stock rims...

10440pl.jpg

EDIT

Other images :

enzo7nb.jpg

enzoengine2gr.jpg

pch4oh.jpg

^ :nervous:

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/3049/enzo29mw4kn.jpg
^Before crash image? (SEMA Enzo)

Enzo's atleast are designed to do that. The very strong driver/passenger 'tub' is what needs to stay intact which seems to work well. (same concept as F1 and indy cars)

*EDIT Nice finding the other images, wow the engine/gearbox slid quite a distance.

VIPERGTSR01
*EDIT Nice finding the other images, wow the engine/gearbox slid quite a distance.

Suppose this had turned out even worse. Can you imagine someone trying to explain how they managed to have a headon collision with the engine of a car, and only the engine, that was coming towards them at over 100 MPH?

TigJackson
Suppose this had turned out even worse. Can you imagine someone trying to explain how they managed to have a headon collision with the engine of a car, and only the engine, that was coming towards them at over 100 MPH?
that would be super deadly.

TigJackson

Well, engines are fairly solid objects, so any deformation in impact absorption would have to be completed by the vehicle that was hit. It would be like a 200Kg bullet.

Oh, and under18carbon: any car that uses the engine as a stressed member of the chassis will split in two with any kind of lateral impact. It's because the mountings between the engine and passenger cell form the point of weakness where the deformation will occur. Because this is usually just a set of bolts, the deformation will cause shearing and the car will literally break. Since Ferrari use the engine as a stressed member (they have great experience of this from the F1 programme), this is what characterises their accidents. In more run-of-the-mill cars, the engine is mounted to protruding chassis arms that run from the passenger cell right to the extremity of the vehicle.

If you look at this picture of a Mustang Chassis:
2005fordmustangframe.jpg

The engine bolts to the orange part of the chassis, and so is not part of the stress structure of the car. Any impacts will be absorbed by the orange and grey marked areas, plus the attached panels which aren't shown. Because of this, a Mustang would not be expected to shear at the A pillar.

Oh, and I'm moving this to Cars in General.

That's, what, 4 now? They only made 400 or so in the first place.

The wheels aren't stock, but the aren't the same as the SEMA car, plus the Pirelli sticker isn't on the crashed car, so I'd say they aren't the same car.

Nice explanation, Giles - thanks!

OMFG! anyone want the cockpit of an Enzo for their GT4 DFP cockpit project? lol

A moment of silence for yet another Enzo... :(

Yeah, KTLA Channel 5 (the same folks that brought you the video of that Iraq vet being shot by a cop after a car chase) interviewed a reporter from the local paper in Malibu when they were live at the scene yesterday morning. Ace newspaper reporter proclaims that the engine is a 16 valve V8 that weighs close to 1,500 pounds. :dunce: 🤬 :banghead:

I really wish I was making that last part up...

Roo
That's, what, 4 now? They only made 400 or so in the first place.
350 initial with an extra 50 later...

Hmmmm.. Wonder if that 12 barrel will fit in the Commodore :odd:

sting
OMFG! anyone want the cockpit of an Enzo for their GT4 DFP cockpit project? lol

Nah, it'd make more sense to hook up your Xbox/X360 steering wheel, since only M$ has the rights to the Enzo. ;)

Great picture Layzie 👍

Well, what can be said? It annoys me that people like this waste such cars. Drunk driving at 120+mph on a public road is stupidity in any car. There should be some kind of driver training for people who buy these hypercars (although driver training doesn't solve drunk driving I suppose).

On another note, the engine sitting on the road looks fantastic :drool:

Wow, that Eriksson dude sounds like a grade-A putz, especially for allegedly letting some plastered German who only gave his first name race his car against another megabuck hypercar on a public road in the wee hours of the morning.

Let's see; an Enzo will change hands for at least $1million, the company you had a hand in has gone belly up for $225million debts, you give the keys to a man named 'Dieter' who converts it into modules & components for a 150yards on a Public road.
My guess; you plan to repeat the experience with your latest Registrations.

Back