Ds2?

• Thread starter w1tn3ss
  • 12 comments
Well i got enthusia yesterday and i think its awesome way better than gt4 IMO. I've gotten to about rank 600 using mu lotus europa. Just one thing, though. I dont have any sort of wheel or anything just a plain old DS2, but everyone here uses the DFP. i cant seem to drive that well or control my throttle as well with the ds2. is it way easier with the DFP? i would get it but it would hurt my pocket a bit. is there an alternative (cheaper) wheel or should i stick with my good ol' controller.

Also i cant really drift that well in this game. Any tips :ouch:

Its much easier with the DFP.

Complete the "licenses" and get to level 18, thats a challenge round that learns you how to drift better.

I got through the game using a DS2. It can be done. I have a DFP now though, and it probably would have made GT4 and Enthusia more fun...

I personally can't drive enthu with the DS2. But my friend is just as good with a DS2 as I am with the DFP........So I guess it's all up to preference.....I CLEARLY prefer the wheel. Usually I can make do with the DS2, but not in Enthu......It's just plain horrible with that handheld POS IMO.

yeah but its really hard for me too do the rally DRs...i think because its very hard to countersteer on a ds2...i almost threw my controller on the ground because of them. Im at about rank 550 so hopefully i can unlock the almight dragon range tonight :). Also does anyone know where i could get a cheaper DFP. Is the original DF any good either since its cheaper?

I play exclusively with the DS2. At first, it was because I was too lazy to set up the DFP all the time, then it was because the 1P USB slot on my PS2 got fried, and now it's because my DFP isn't working at all. :lol:

Anyway, I have completed the game 100%, so yes, as kylehnat said, it can be done.

One question -- are you playing from the outside view or the bumper cam? The bumper cam makes it much, much easier to countersteer and recover from slides.

As for the DF vs DFP, if I were you I'd wait and save up your money for the Logitech G25, which is going to be a DFP with a larger wheel, a clutch, and a 7-gate shifter. Of course, if saving up about $300 is out of the question, go ahead and try to find a used DFP. Without the 900* motion in the wheel, the DF is almost a waste of money.

Yes i know the gam can be ompleted with the ds2, and yes i do use the bumper cam when i drive. But the dfp is a bit pricy and I've found the original DF cheaper around 20-50 USD. I dont think i can save up 300 dollars for just a video game wheel (thats how much i paid for my nissan sentra in real life haha). How about the MC2? Is it any good? How would you compare it to the orig. DF?

thanks

w1tn3ss
Yes i know the gam can be ompleted with the ds2, and yes i do use the bumper cam when i drive. But the dfp is a bit pricy and I've found the original DF cheaper around 20-50 USD. I dont think i can save up 300 dollars for just a video game wheel (thats how much i paid for my nissan sentra in real life haha). How about the MC2? Is it any good? How would you compare it to the orig. DF?

thanks

DF is a million times better than the madcatz. I have had a DF a MC2 and now both a MC2 and a DFP and I use both simultaneously.....I use the MC2 as the clutch pedal and shifter. That's all it's good for, seriously. MC2 is only good in PS1 games and pre-usb steering wheel games......like TXR: Zero.

If you're talking $300 US, then you've been misinformed (or thinking of a different wheel?). I just flipped over to buy.com and the DFP is $92.09 with free ground shipping from them. That's without even getting into froogle.com fly-by-night places! :)

The other thing that may help with DS2 control--are you using the analog sticks for control? I find using the right stick for gas/brake works much better for me. I can get a lot more variation between full throttle and no throttle than I can with the button.

Probably your cheapest option is to stick with a DS2 until about November/December (whenever the new G25-whatsit from Logitech) comes out and buy a DFP from some driving junkie like me! :D

heavyboots
If you're talking $300 US, then you've been misinformed (or thinking of a different wheel?)
|
v
heavyboots
Probably your cheapest option is to stick with a DS2 until about November/December (whenever the new G25-whatsit from Logitech) comes out and buy a DFP from some driving junkie like me! :D

Wolfe2x7
if I were you I'd wait and save up your money for the Logitech G25.....Of course, if saving up about $300 is out of the question, go ahead and try to find a used DFP.....

;)

Well now im stuck on the rally levels on driving revolution. They're really making me mad to the point where i want to break my controller. I can't get an S on any of the stages. Can anyone help me?

w1tn3ss
Well now im stuck on the rally levels on driving revolution. They're really making me mad to the point where i want to break my controller. I can't get an S on any of the stages. Can anyone help me?

What part of it is giving you trouble? Keeping off of the walls? Maintaining enough speed? Braking early enough?

Back