DTM: Is it possible that silhouette cars from DTM (Class 1 Touring Cars) will be added in GT7?

• Thread starter BrunusCL82
  • 43 comments
Brazil
Brazil
Everyone should already know that DTM has now abandoned the old and peculiar silhouette cars, adopting the GT3 cars that are used in other Grand Touring events in Europe and America.

everyone should know too that PD has always made available in its games a current car or two old cars from DTM, never the complete trio of a season, for licensing reasons, according to some information. Anyway, something similar to what happens with the F1 car.

Thus, considering this new situation, would it be possible for PD to launch the latest DTM cars in GT7, aiming to compose and enrich the cast of Gr. 2 category cars?

They would be:

• Audi RS5 Turbo DTM '19
  • Aston Martin Vantage DTM '19
  • BMW M4 Turbo DTM '19
  • Mercedes-AMG C-Coupé DTM '18

1280px-Nico_Muller_2019_DTM_Hockenheim_(May)_FP1_2.jpg
1024px-Jake_Dennis_2019_DTM_Hockenheim_(May)_FP1.jpg

1024px-Sheldon_van_der_Linde_2019_DTM_Hockenheim_(May)_FP1.jpg
2018-mercedes-amg-c63-dtm-10.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure about that reskinned Opel DTM, that became the Lexus IS F DTM. I think there was the CLK DTM in Project Cars 1. These newer cars, I have no idea. Was that Class One(Super GT/DTM) race an opportunity for PD to see about modelling any of the cars? I don’t know. Doubt it... but maybe there have been talks to get these cars in other games. Similar to the F1 deal. We have the W08 again. Maybe we get the Aston Martin DTM. Just guessing.
1635637417303.jpeg

DTM is still exclusive to Raceroom as far as I know, sadly.

At least it was a couple of years ago, and I've not seen any content in any other games since, so it seems that way.
Raceroom has some DTM season packages for sale. Unless I am mistaken, the 2018 and 2019 seasons have not been licensed by Raceroom. Then, PD could acquire the license for the four mentioned cars to be added to the Super GT cars. It would be a fantastic thing.

Raceroom has some DTM season packages for sale. Unless I am mistaken, the 2018 and 2019 seasons have not been licensed by Raceroom. Then, PD could acquire the license for the four mentioned cars to be added to the Super GT cars. It would be a fantastic thing.
Well, having the license and including the cars are two different things. PD have had the exclusive license for Pikes Peak since late 2016 and haven't used it. Nobody else can include it, even though PD haven't (so far) included it in a game either.

I'd be into having some DTM models come in. I missed the weird DTM mashed up events ever since GT6 got rid of it for the underwhelming World Touring Car Championships or as I call it "catch up the BMWs, LOL the Series"

I always thought the Aston Martin DTM while underpowered looked really cool and would be stoked to race one.

Last edited:
Due to licensing and other game contracts, I kind of doubt it. But nothing holds them from doing those models in Gr. 2 disguises, as original fantasy cars (like the Lancer and Impreza Gr.3). Just don't copy 1:1 the details and voilà. However if it's in their interest, or aligns with the artistic vision for the game, only PD could tell.

Due to licensing and other game contracts, I kind of doubt it. But nothing holds them from doing those models in Gr. 2 disguises, as original fantasy cars (like the Lancer and Impreza Gr.3). Just don't copy 1:1 the details and voilà. However if it's in their interest, or aligns with the artistic vision for the game, only PD could tell.
My idea would be to have made-for-game Gr.2 cars, but based on different models entirely. For example, instead of the BMW M4 DTM, there could be a Gr.2 car modeled on the newer BMW M8 or Z4. They could even do this for automakers that don't have a real-world GT500/DTM car, like McLaren.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, I'm hoping we see at least a few more Super GT cars in GT7, even if they're added in an update, like the Honda HSV-010, the Yellowhat Supra (A80) from 2005, and/or the newer GR Supra GT500 (A90).

Last edited:
They could choose cars from different seasons and group them.
Some already appeared in previous GT games.

1992 Mercedes-Benz 190 E Evolution II
1993 Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI
1994 Opel Calibra DTM

2000 Mercedes-Benz CLK-DTM
2000 Opel Astra V8 Coupé
2002 Audi TT-R

2004-2005
Audi A4
Mercedes-Benz C-Class
Opel Vectra

2014-2018
Audi RS5
Mercedes-Benz C-Coupe
BMW M4

The same for JGTC / SuperGT

As far as I know, RaceRoom never talked how exclusive their licensing was until their 2020 pack was released.

Though I could see the rF2's M4 Class 1 might appear here since it was mostly designed by BMW Motorsport as a fantasy car. Or there might be something similar that could lead us to fantasy Gr.2 cars.

I really hate exclusive licences.

IMO exclusive licenses demonstrates insecurity about the quality of the game you want to sell. If your product is well done, you wouldn't need that.

My idea would be to have made-for-game Gr.2 cars, but based on different models entirely. For example, instead of the BMW M4 DTM, there could be a Gr.2 car modeled on the newer BMW M8 or Z4. They could even do this for automakers that don't have a real-world GT500/DTM car, like McLaren.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, I'm hoping we see at least a few more Super GT cars in GT7, even if they're added in an update, like the Honda HSV-010, the Yellowhat Supra (A80) from 2005, and/or the newer GR Supra GT500 (A90).

I like your idea too! XD

IMO exclusive licenses demonstrates insecurity about the quality of the game you want to sell. If your product is well done, you wouldn't need that.

I like your idea too! XD
Its greed nothing else to be honest along with cutting the competition anybody remember the EA-Porsche debacle which lasted a decade and within that decade so many racing games missed out on Porsche while MS was willing to sub licence it for Forza Motorsport. Ridiculous how the DTM licence is held by a small game developer?

How many even play raceroom?? Dtm literally shot itself in the foot when they can licence their brand to other racing games rather than just sticking with one. Dont get me wrong raceroom is a great racing game why is the licence with them? I want to enjoy dtm in project cars, ac, gt and forza you know.

I hate exclusive licences. I also hate how PD has the exclusivity to Pikes Peak and is also sitting on it.

In the end us customers lose from these deals. We all play more than 1 racing game we love to see everything in rather than just one game having the licence.

Last edited:
I hate exclusive licences. I also hate how PD has the exclusivity to Pikes Peak and is also sitting on it.
If it weren't for PD's money and effort, you might not have PPIHC to watch as early as a few years ago.

Just to help this event continue in the world, PD has already done what most people don't.

I actually quite enjoy the fictional racers in GTS and wish more franchises did them. Project CARS was one such franchise.

If there's a real version of the car, it should be the priority. But, if there isn't (in Gr.B's case it was due to regulations), working with manufacturers to make a fictional one for the game is really cool.

Gr.2 could use the boost, as it was really lacking in GTS when it came to content, especially next to Gr.1, which is the upper class.

Its greed nothing else to be honest along with cutting the competition anybody remember the EA-Porsche debacle which lasted a decade and within that decade so many racing games missed out on Porsche while MS was willing to sub licence it for Forza Motorsport. Ridiculous how the DTM licence is held by a small game developer?

How many even play raceroom?? Dtm literally shot itself in the foot when they can licence their brand to other racing games rather than just sticking with one. Dont get me wrong raceroom is a great racing game why is the licence with them? I want to enjoy dtm in project cars, ac, gt and forza you know.

In the end us customers lose from these deals. We all play more than 1 racing game we love to see everything in rather than just one game having the licence.

If I could hazard a guess, it was 15 years.

I've always thought it hilarious that Porsche signed that contract with EA only for EA to completely ignore Porsche in 3 of the 4 games that followed (Motor City Online and the NFS Undergrounds).

Although it must be said that NFSMW did help push the Carrera GT to levels of legendary above its counterparts.

Last edited:
GR.2 isn't lacking. The problem are the liveries. We were used to PD providing 6-16 cars for a full grid of Super GT cars. We even had GT300 machines.

That didn't happen for GT Sport. We just got the three cars(six the way PD count driver lights) with no extra models or liveries. That's why GT500 felt stale. Not for a lack of more or every manufacturer being in that group.

The problem with exclusive licenses is that it's pretty much a case of prioritising a quick short-term profit over longterm profit which comes with the added bonus of audience growth. If JGTC / SuperGT went down the route of exclusive licensing then I doubt they'd be anywhere near as popular as they are now.

GR.2 isn't lacking. The problem are the liveries. We were used to PD providing 6-16 cars for a full grid of Super GT cars. We even had GT300 machines.

That didn't happen for GT Sport. We just got the three cars(six the way PD count driver lights) with no extra models or liveries. That's why GT500 felt stale. Not for a lack of more or every manufacturer being in that group.
I think we actually have six cars in Gr.2, with three cars from the 2016 season and three from the 2008 season. I really would prefer more models than liveries, especially as far as other Super GT cars go, like the 2005 Supra A80, the newer GR Supra A90, or the HSV-010. And that's just Super GT GT500, let alone the idea of made-for-game DTM/GT500-styled cars like I mentioned in an earlier post ITT. Meanwhile, GT300 cars belong in Gr.3, as they race alongside GT3 cars in real life.

Last edited:
I think we actually have six cars in Gr.2, with three cars from the 2016 season and three from the 2008 season. I really would prefer more models than liveries, especially as far as other Super GT cars go, like the 2005 Supra A80, the newer GR Supra A90, or the HSV-010. And that's just Super GT GT500, let alone the idea of made-for-game DTM/GT500-styled cars like I mentioned in an earlier post ITT. Meanwhile, GT300 cars belong in Gr.3, as they race alongside GT3 cars in real life.
I'd look to getting 2020 Super GT models first. Toyota Supra back in it, Honda NSX is finalised and the GT-R is quite a different model to the 2016 version

I'd look to getting 2020 Super GT models first. Toyota Supra back in it, Honda NSX is finalised and the GT-R is quite a different model to the 2016 version
Yes. The NSX is now FR to match the Supra and GT-R.
As of 2021, there are 15 Super GT500 teams/cars and 26 GT300 teams/cars. As the way PD do car lists, that leaves then room to place five older cars, to make up the 20 car max grid. I’d rather they just have duplicates of new GT500 cars to cover the last five cars, but we’ll see if we even get the new GT500 cars.

For GT300, we’ve got 30+ Gr.3 cars from GT Sport. Now, if we get the same multi-class from GT Sport, PD shortchanged the Gr.3 class to fit the ‘08 GT500 cars. So, anything goes.

Back to the DTM title, we’re going to have one DTM car in the Alfa 155. Do PD have enough pull to get anything newer that the 2004 Audi A4 DTM? I don’t know. Maybe a good thing are the Red Bull connection. Red Bull been with Audi DTM for a long time and then sponsored BMW.
If I guess(in no way can I back up my guess), maybe when GT Sport debuted, there could have been a deal to model a Red Bull DTM car. That would be the RS 5 and M4 with Red Bull sponsorship in 2016 & 2017. Again, what I typed is fantasy land. I have no idea how a dealing would commence or if modern DTM are even on PD’s radar.

I feel that now that we know the Alfa Romeo 155 TI is going to be in Gr.4, that would likely mean that any other early-90s DTMeisterschaft cars like the Mercedes-Benz 190E Evo II would also be in Gr.4. I don't think that necessarily means that other DTM cars will be in Gr.4, especially if they're more modern like the entires from Audi, Mercedes-Benz, Aston Martin, and BMW. I also remain curious about the two JGTC GT500 cars we've seen as confirmed so far, as they're from the other end of the decade. Especially since they were seen racing with that Alfa Romeo, so we don't know if that was just for promotional purposes, or if that'll imply that both the Nissan Skyline GT-R GT500 and the Toyota Supra GT500 will be in Gr.4 as well.

Exactly. We see PD shoehorned the Megane Trophy in Gr.4.

The Supra qualified with a 2:06.197 at Suzuka, back in ‘97, cloudy/dry conditions.
2021 GT4 Supra did a 2’11.613 at Suzuka in dry conditions.
2021 Honda Civic TCR did a 2’11.677 at Suzuka in dry conditions.

The Megane Trophy did a 1’51”689 at Catalunya in 2012.
A 2021(earliest year GT4 raced at Barcelona) 718 Cayman GT4 did 1’55”108

PD do crazy things. We’ll see what happens.

PD definitely ranks Race Cars weird.

Group C were usually better than LMP for the longest time with minor exceptions like Pescarolo 2005 which was somehow a beast of a car. Meanwhile the R10 TDI, 908 and R18 were very uncharacteristically slow in comparison. Wasn't until GT Sport this was corrected.

It also wasn't until GT Sport when GT500 were faster than European and American GT cars like they are in the real life.

Back