Duos Team Event, it's over, as Roy Orbison once said.

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 228 comments

Where would you like the final meeting to be held?

• Tokyo South Inner Loop

• Tokyo South Outer Loop

• Interlagos

• Three races, one at each circuit

Results are only viewable after voting.
Due to work I won’t have time as my idea will need quite a bit of effort to make it work.

So you can come up with a wacky event or better yet anyone within this community can pitch in their ideas for an event.

Sorry guys, I'm on holiday that week.

I'm also going to be away a few times in November for Work, although nothing is confirmed yet.
I think it will be mostly in the first half of that month.

Soon© Harsk

I think Zo needs to update the title to the latest date - the 30th subject to change!

I should be there tonight. I've even practiced! Well I've been around a few times without falling off. Mostly.

If @Venari is on, I'll start behind him as I'm sucking out loud in the KTM and don't want to get in his way.

Well, that didn't go too badly... sort of...

Massive congratulations to Sparkz, two top notch drives. I especially enjoyed our battle in the first race. And apologies to Suts for messing up the scoring of the first race and landing him with the dreaded Jag for the second race. I've binned the performance using that, and used your first race time for the position in the second. I felt really sorry when you said "It's just standing still" at the start, trying to get 650BHP to launch the lead footed monster :)

So, how did we all do?

RACE 1.

1/ HRSC Racing. Race time plus 13.99 seconds. 7 Points.

2/ Team Hip Replacement, plus 21.086 seconds. 6 points.

3/ SAS. Plus 33.483 seconds. 5 points.

4/ Alfonzo Rodin. Plus 37.81 seconds. 4 points.

5/ Booby Bums Larina. Plus 54.02 seconds. 3 points.

6/ Arctic Racing. Plus 98.981 seconds. 2 points.

RACE 2.

1/ Team Hip Replacement. Plus 3.272 seconds. 7 points.

2/ HRSC Racing. Plus 9.886 seconds. 6 points.

3/ Booby etc. Plus 27.197 seconds. 5 points.

4/ SAS. Plus 33.483 seconds. 4 points.

5/ Alfonzo Rodin. Plus 54.522 seconds. 3 points.

6/ Arctic Racing. Plus 98.102 seconds. 2 points.

OVERALL STANDINGS.

1st equal, HRSC Racing and Team Hip Replacement, 13 points.

3rd, SAS, 9 points.

4th, Booby etc. 8 points.

5th, Alfonzo. 7 points.

6th, Arctic Racing, 4 points.

Therefore, HRSC Racing, and Butt Kickers are hobbled by using the Jag for the first race of the next meeting in place of the AMG (after which I WILL sort out which team has it for the second.) And @Aaroh @JockeP22 have the choice as to which circuit the next meeting is held at. It can be any circuit at all, so long as it does not exceed 5 miles long. Please let us know which it is by midnight Thursday 1st November chaps.

It's Kerfuffling next week, but I plan on having the next Duos event on Tuesday 13th November.

Onwards and upwards fellas, can wait to see Jocke's video...

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
apologies to Suts

landing him with the dreaded Jag

trying to get 650BHP to launch the lead footed monster

No worries Zo. It was my lead finger that didn’t help either. I just don’t have the skill to drive the Jag, but I’m sure in someone else’s hand it could be quite a weapon. However a twisty track will not do it any favours whatsoever!! (HINT).

It was great fun. Go Teamy Sparkz.

So are you scoring us according to how far apart we are as well as places?!?

Looking forward to the next one and kerfuffle in between.

:cheers:

So are you scoring us according to how far apart we are as well as places?!?
The finishing position doesn't count at all Suts, it's purely the total race time for both team members added together. In the case of there only being one member there his time gets doubled.

Sorry, forgot to mention before, @bloodyboyblue good to see you again, and well done on having a belting race. I'm sure BB appreciated the support. @AndreasR please don't take this as a criticism, it isn't, but BloodyBoy did to a good job of substituting for you :)

Cheers, Zo.

it's purely the total race time for both team members added together.
Ah. So it didn't help the cause for team Rodin when in the second race, after failing to get nearer to anyone, I eased off towards the end. :ill:

When I haven't got anyone to race against I tend to loose focus. Sorry captain. Must try harder. :)

Ah. So it didn't help the cause for team Rodin when in the second race, after failing to get nearer to anyone, I eased off towards the end. :ill:
I don't think that it made any difference Paul, because we were twenty seconds adrift of SAS anyway. However...
When I haven't got anyone to race against I tend to loose focus.
With this format you are always racing against everyone, even when they are nowhere near you. Actually, that's not true, you're not racing against your team mate, but you are racing against everyone else. So focus, focus, focus, or any other car you happen to be driving.

Cheers, Zo.

And @Aaroh @JockeP22 have the choice as to which circuit the next meeting is held at.
I meant to confer with Aaroh but he hasn't been on for almost two days so maybe he won't mind too much if I go
ahead and pick Catalunya for the next round.

Onwards and upwards fellas, can't wait to see Jocke's video.
I was honestly too embarrased and shocked at my own pace, being a full minute behind the others,
that saving replays of the races became the last thing I was thinking of. I guess I shouldn't have had
an automatic gearbox equipped but I'm left wondering what else I could have done.
It was a terrible experience really and I'm sorry for teammate Aaroh. I was even worse than Marcus Ericsson
and that's saying something.
hihi.gif

I was even worse than Marcus Ericsson Paul
and that's saying something.
hihi.gif
Corrected. :P

Just checking though Jocke, you were definitely on SH tyres? Mine did feel like CH at times but they were actually the correct ones.

Catalunya, interesting. Not that will make me any faster but I'm quite used to it because of PCars. Although I tend to run without the final chicane thingy, it seems to ruin the flow somewhat.

Just checking though Jocke, you were definitely on SH tyres? Mine did feel like CH at times but they were actually the correct ones.
I was on SH, yes. And I did try my damndest to actually save fuel but still ended up having
one more pit stop than everybody else. O_o
Catalunya, interesting.
I've been to the track four times now for two MotoGP race weekends and two F1 tests. It's a great track.
Although I tend to run without the final chicane thingy, it seems to ruin the flow somewhat.
I recorded Susie Stoddart.. er Wolff, go through that section back in 2014.

Quick update (not too soon is it?). We'll be having two fifteen lap races tomorrow fellas. I'm not sure what options this leaves for pit stops, but I'm sure it'll be interesting.

Grid for the first race will be based on the Championship positions, with the leading team(s) at the front, and the lower teams further back. Grid for the second race will be reverse of the first race finish.

Don't forget, keep going as hard as you can, no matter where you are in the pack; your time will be added to your team mate's for your overall position.

Can't wait to see how the Jags go :scared:

Quick update (not too soon is it?). We'll be having two fifteen lap races tomorrow fellas. I'm not sure what options this leaves for pit stops, but I'm sure it'll be interesting.

Grid for the first race will be based on the Championship positions, with the leading team(s) at the front, and the lower teams further back. Grid for the second race will be reverse of the first race finish.

Don't forget, keep going as hard as you can, no matter where you are in the pack; your time will be added to your team mate's for your overall position.

Can't wait to see how the Jags go :scared:
Title of your orgy tape.

@Venari and I have been doing a practice and it looks like he's in the Jaaaaaaaag and I'm in the KTM.

Back