Duos Team Event, it's over, as Roy Orbison once said.

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 228 comments

Where would you like the final meeting to be held?

• Tokyo South Inner Loop

• Tokyo South Outer Loop

• Interlagos

• Three races, one at each circuit

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi all,

Firstly Happy new year, hope you all had a pleasant break (if it was one), and look forward to racing with you all soon.

On that subject, is the next race scheduled for this coming Tuesday (8th) or the next (15th)?

Reason for my question is I have a chance to make the 8th, but cannot do the 15th as am moving house.
However I appreciate that I've not been the most reliably so I'm happy to sit back from the race if needed.

I would like to be involved, but if there is someone else wanting to buddy up its makes sense to let them race.

Catch you soon, hopefully on track ;)

Can I choose that we have a vote instead? How about if you set up a poll for Tokyo South (inner loop), Interlagos and Tokyo South (outer loop).
You certainly can Jocke.

Have at it folks, you have seven days to make your choice...

On that subject, is the next race scheduled for this coming Tuesday (8th) or the next (15th)?
It's not set yet Hobbsy. I'm waiting until we can guarantee a strong turn out, especially among the top three teams.

Cheers, Zo.

I'm free. (insert are you being served voice overs)
No need BB, John Inman usually comes to mind when I think of you :)

By the way, your team mate has been blisteringly quick at the recent meetings. I sense an upset on the cards?

So, I've done some testing at the Brazilian Squiggle, and have come to the conclusion that the races shall be of 17 laps. Interesting pit strategies here we come...

Okay chaps, the vote is closed and Interlagos was the smash winner. I'm looking provisionally at the 29th of Jan. That okay?

This is good, home broadband should be up and running before 29th, I'm also back from Germany on 28th. So far so good for me.

See you on track 👍

A slightly strange choice for a returning fantasy track.
And a rather sad indication of the thoughts bubbling under among the ones who make the decisions about the development of the game...

Anyway, I'm not sure what's come over me today, but when I woke up this morning I had more than 12M credits, and now I've got just over 600K. Have got some dandy motors though :)

Have got some dandy motors though
Do you run a rental scheme at all? If so what are your rates? ;)

And a rather sad indication...
While it's probably not seen as the most wanted track SS Route X could be used for some fun races, maybe. Slow cars strong slipstream, faster cars high fuel usage, tag/relay teams and other such irreverent things.

While it's probably not seen as the most wanted track SS Route X could be used for some fun races, maybe. Slow cars strong slipstream, faster cars high fuel usage, tag/relay teams and other such irreverent things.
Brilliant for Daily Workout too :D

Do you run a rental scheme at all? If so what are your rates? ;)
I would if I could Paul, but alas I've got to earn them there credits back without any business plan. However, I've had the Speedster out for a little groove around Interlagos and earned myself 24K. Every little counts. (Speaking of Interlagos, from what I can tell, there's good chance that the KTM is going to be the quicker of the two cars over the full race distance.)

When we've finished Interlagos, does anyone fancy a single-lap NHB race of SSRX as a fun shakedown? The best two cars we found in GT6 for it that still exist in GTS were the Aston Martin DP100 and the Corvette C7 Stingray, but I'll test it out later to see if it still applies.

I'm usually good with acronyms but NHB?
Ah, sorry, I keep forgetting RR isn't UKGTP :D No Holds Barred.

In essence we used to do a single race each LAN where there were no rules on conduct. The track would always be Test Track - but SSRX is a good substitute - and the car would always be one that was very, very fast on its own but much, much faster in a slipstream.

The general idea was then to win the race but by any means necessary. One consequence of the car we'd use (the Cizeta V16T was awesome for it) was that if you slipped off the back of the pack, you were boned, unless someone else also did in which case you could work together to catch up. If you were at the front, you were also a bit humped because anyone behind you had the slipstream. So you couldn't destroy anyone too early or too late.

They were a fine antidote to several days of sensible and high BPM racing :lol:

When we've finished Interlagos, does anyone fancy a single-lap NHB race of SSRX as a fun shakedown?
I'm up for that. I don't understand why, but I used to quite enjoy taking part in some dirty racing round the Nurb every so often in Gt6. There always seemed to be a room doing it. There's nothing quite like hitting someone who's 2,000 miles away, a bit like launching a cruise missile from a sub. Maybe.

Ah, sorry, I keep forgetting RR isn't UKGTP :D No Holds Barred.

In essence we used to do a single race each LAN where there were no rules on conduct. The track would always be Test Track - but SSRX is a good substitute - and the car would always be one that was very, very fast on its own but much, much faster in a slipstream.

The general idea was then to win the race but by any means necessary. One consequence of the car we'd use (the Cizeta V16T was awesome for it) was that if you slipped off the back of the pack, you were boned, unless someone else also did in which case you could work together to catch up. If you were at the front, you were also a bit humped because anyone behind you had the slipstream. So you couldn't destroy anyone too early or too late.

They were a fine antidote to several days of sensible and high BPM racing :lol:
So @Venari and I just did some testing, and it seems that the perfect car for this is...

...the Eckert's Rod & Custom Mach Forty (to be found in the Gran Turismo dealer, in the Japanese section).

It's capable of a solid 250mph in a straight line by itself, and easily another 15mph (we've seen 269mph) in a one-on-one slipstream - with plenty of room for more when there's a gaggle of them making a giant hole in the air. That makes them ideal for the task - very fast, even faster in a draft and ludicrous speed if the pack stays together. If you fall behind you die until you can find a team-mate to work with!

If you don't already have one, they're 300,000cr, which is a lot of money for 10 minutes of fun, but you can make that in 10 minutes at La Sarthe or 12 minutes at BMB.

Pretty much the only rules are 100/100, Sport Soft tyres and two laps of SSRX.

Sound good for a post-event cooldown?

If you don't already have one
Fortunately the game kindly gave me one recently, so I'm in.

And if anyone wants a taster I found the AI cars actually make for quite a fun race around SSRX. Custom race, 2 laps, expert strength, strong slipstream and 20x Mach 40 (identical). You can't shake the buggers off, they use the slipstream. Made me laugh. :P
(20 mach 40s sound like thunder on the replays!)

And don't worry @Zolon32 I did a little practice at Interlagos as well. I'm not necessarily any good but I do know where the corners are now. Which might help. ;)

Hi guys
Not about tonight, as i have not participated in this event guess you won't miss me anyway :P

catch u soon

I realise my mistake and say good luck for the 29th.....

Last edited:
@Famine @Venari @Sparkz_360 @Sutsagrd @Harsk100 @hobbsy

As if you need reminding chaps, tonight is the night when the Duos Team Championship is finally to be resolved, and you're all in first position!

@daan @JockeP22 @IfAndOr fellas, to be honest, we're the side show, but...

@AndreasR @buybon355 could get a cat in among the pigeons, Andreas has been going like hell just lately, and BB sometimes comes along too ;)

No Jags tonight, it's a direct slug-out between the Mercs and KTM's. I can't wait!

Get your tactics sorted fellas, and may the fastest team win.

@Famine @Venari @Sparkz_360 @Sutsagrd @Harsk100 @hobbsy

As if you need reminding chaps, tonight is the night when the Duos Team Championship is finally to be resolved, and you're all in first position!

@daan @JockeP22 @IfAndOr fellas, to be honest, we're the side show, but...

@AndreasR @buybon355 could get a cat in among the pigeons, Andreas has been going like hell just lately, and BB sometimes comes along too ;)

No Jags tonight, it's a direct slug-out between the Mercs and KTM's. I can't wait!

Get your tactics sorted fellas, and may the fastest team win.
PD seems to have literally just changed the FIA Exhibition Series schedule, so it starts tonight, with the first rounds in about 20 minutes.

That may cause issues.

PD seems to have literally just changed the FIA Exhibition Series schedule, so it starts tonight, with the first rounds in about 20 minutes.

That may cause issues.
wtf what did i miss ?

Back