Duos Team Event, it's over, as Roy Orbison once said.

• Thread starter Zolon32
  • 228 comments

Where would you like the final meeting to be held?

• Tokyo South Inner Loop

• Tokyo South Outer Loop

• Interlagos

• Three races, one at each circuit

Results are only viewable after voting.
United Kingdom
England
Zolon32
Greetings GTPers, welcome to a Racers Reunited event, which is open to all.

This is a series of races for teams of two drivers. One will be using the KTM X-Bow R '12 with power at 98% and weight set at 91%, the other, the Mercedes AMG GT S '15, with power set at 100%, and weight at 85%. The Jaguar F Type R '14 will come into play also, but more of that later.

team event.jpg

The first meeting, on Tuesday 18th September 2018, will take place at Maggiore GP and will consist of two 12 lap races.

Grid positions for the first race will be decided by a rather random method, with one driver from each team doing a flying lap. The last two digits of the time for that lap will determine the position. The team with the lowest number will have pole position and last position on the grid. Next lowest will be in second and second last, etc. The team themselves will decide which driver goes where.

The second race will be the reverse of the finishing positions from the first.

Tyre degradation will be set at 2X, fuel at 8X.

The total race time for both team members added together will determine that team's position in the race.

The team in 1st place will receive 7 points, the team in second 6 points, etc.

The team which is leading the championship will have to swap their Mercedes for the Jaguar, which will be set at 120% power, and 85% weight. This gives the car 650BHP, and allows it to lap around as quickly as the Merc. However, it is very much trickier to drive than the Mercedes, and also uses a lot more fuel. The championship leader will have to work hard to bring the Jaguar home in a very good time.

In the event of a tie at the top of the points table, then both teams will have to use the Jag.

Room settings:

Assists will be prohibited, with the exception of Driving line and ABS (Which I understand some people still use :))

Tuning, prohibited.

Sport Hard tyres only.

Shortcut penalty on, others off. Ghosting off, replace car when it leaves the track, off.

No livery or number restrictions (although it will be expected that teams use a reasonably uniform livery).

Boost off, visible damage off. Mechanical damage, light. Slipstream and track edge grip real.

Grid start, with false start check.

So, get your team mate tapped up, and join the gang. Entry will be restricted to seven teams to avoid over stressing the system.

Finally, driving standards... Don't be a d**k and everything will be fine, thank you.

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
Schedule, 8:30pm UK time.

Tuesday 27th November.

Teams:

Famine and Mark. Hip Replacement Racing.

Andreas and BB. Booby Bums Larina:tup:

Sparkz and Suts. S.A.S. Racing.

Daan and Jocke. Arctic Racing (Daan is from north of the border after all.)

Paul and Zolon, Alfonzo Rodin.

Harsk and Hobbsy, HRSC Racing.

The results of Tuesday's racing are as follows...

Race 1.

1st Alfonzo Rodin, Race time plus 16.662 seconds.

2nd HRSC Racing, plus 19.308 seconds.

3rd SAS, plus 30.831 seconds.

4th Hip Replacement, plus 40.646 seconds.

5th Arctic Racing, plus 42.868 seconds (Well done Taco)

6th Booby Bums Larina, plus 114.052 seconds.

Race 2.

1st Booby Bums Larina, Race Time plus 42.424 seconds.

2nd HRSC Racing, plus 42.476 seconds.

3rd Alfonzo Rodin, plus 42.546 seconds.

4th Arctic Racing, plus 43.857 seconds.

5th SAS, plus 54.154 seconds.

6th Hip Replacement, plus 62.571 seconds.

I think that the choice of Suzuka East really stuffed the Jag...

So, all this means... drum roll please... that we go into the final meeting with the following positions:

Joint 1st, Hip Replacement, SAS and HRSC Racing, all on 31 points.
4th Booby Bums Larina, 26 points.
5th Alfonzo Rodin, 25 points.
6th Arctic Racing, 18 points.

Last edited:
I'll pop you down for it Harsk. Is there anyone you want to invite as a team mate?
I don't have anyone with me at the moment, but I will let you know as soon I have one. But I don't mind to join with any driver who doesn't have a teamate.

Andreas, I liked the idea of creating an anagram of our names like zo has done. I've stuck buybon and simbalora into an anagram generator and picked out the funniest ones.

Have a look and see what one makes you laugh the most

Albino busy rambo
Anal Bobby rimous
Bambi bonus Royal
Baboons bum lairy
Baby boom urinals
Baronial boy bums
Booby bums larina

Now if you have BuybonAndSimbalora - You can have Anonymous Bald Rabbi

Or ColinAndreas becomes Insane Old Car or perhaps Neon Radicals
Albino busy rambo
Anal Bobby rimous
Bambi bonus Royal
Baboons bum lairy
Baby boom urinals
Baronial boy bums
Booby bums larina

They all had me howling! I must point out that it was Paul who came up with our name, I was utterly hopeless at it...

Andreas, I liked the idea of creating an anagram of our names like zo has done. I've stuck buybon and simbalora into an anagram generator and picked out the funniest ones.

Have a look and see what one makes you laugh the most

Albino busy rambo
Anal Bobby rimous
Bambi bonus Royal
Baboons bum lairy
Baby boom urinals
Baronial boy bums
Booby bums larina

although or because I don´t understand everything, my favourites are "Baby boom urinals"
and mostly "Booby bums larina"

Hi folks, time to get this thing flying... a week later than scheduled. It seems only fair to wait for Daan, since he had become such a regular with us lately.

So, we have the following teams, I believe:

Famine and Mark. No name yet, but Butt Kickers might be appropriate.

Andreas and BB. Booby Bums Larina:tup:

Sparkz and Suts. Name to be announced?

Daan and Jocke. Arctic Racing (Daan is from north of the border after all.)

Paul and Zolon, Alfonzo Rodin.

In addition, we have interest from Harsk, who does not have a team mate currently. @Cu3e are you interested in joining Harsk, he's pretty quick?

@Harsk100 we are a bit short on extra members to join you fella, but if you know of anyone who hasn't raced with us before, who would like to form a team with you, you will be welcome to join. Alternatively Cu3e did seem interested, but hasn't been heard of in a while. Perhaps that pesky real life is getting in the way. Also, Goofy has had to drop out because of real life, perhaps he will return in a week or two.

Speaking of absences fellas, the way I plan on dealing with them is by saying that if any one team member misses a meeting, then the member who drives has his race time doubled, and this counts as the team time.

If both members can't make it, then that team receives the average of their previous scores, rounded down to the nearest whole number. If both drivers miss a second meeting, they receive half of the average of their previous scores.

We'll be running the series from Tuesday 25th September, for four months, finishing on Tuesday 11th December.

The first circuit will be Maggiore GP. The location for the second, and subsequent meetings will be the decision of the team who are at the back of the competition. They will have to announce which circuit they choose by midnight on the Saturday before the meeting, thereby giving themselves all month to get some practice in, and the other teams a couple of days. The one proviso is, that the circuit must not be more than five miles long.

Cheers, Zo.

Last edited:
Speaking of absences fellas, the way I plan on dealing with them is by saying that if any one team member misses a meeting, then the member who drives has his race time doubled, and this counts as the team time.
With regards to this, where there is only one team member present, then that person must use the Mercedes or, where that team is leading the competition, the Jaguar.

@Team_SWE_1 the second round for this event is on Tuesday 16th October Goofy. Do you think you might make that? @Harsk100 is looking for a team mate, and could run solo in at the first meeting if you'll be able to team up with him for later races.

Cheers, Zo.

Hopefully, I'll be able to make it on the 25th, although I may be baking (which is the oddest excuse I've ever come up with ever....)
That should be the name of our team then, Backmarker Bakery, or Box Box Box Bakery Inc.,
or Balaclava Bakers, or Blister Bakers, or something else...

I actually worked as a baker when I was a bit younger, making various cakes and semlor.

@Zolon32 can I (we) lower the power and/or increase the weight of the Xbow? Although not completely uncontrollable I'm finding it a bit skittish when actually racing (the AI) as opposed to lapping. Adding some weight and reducing the oomph helps in close combat and keeping it on the grey stuff. On SM tyres it feels good though, hint hint.

@JockeP22 how about "2 Many Cooks"

@Zolon32 can I (we) lower the power and/or increase the weight of the Xbow?
I'll have a look at what can be done to reduce its wayward tendencies Paul. Have you tried the Merc? I wouldn't mind having the XBow, but I do want it to be able to lap at a similar pace to the Merc.

EDIT.

I've had a run with the thought of making the KTM more manageable in mind, and I've found that reducing the weight and power have helped somewhat. Down at 91% weight it loses the pendulum effect at the rear which had been the main problem I think. Coupled with a drop to 93% power the lap times only increase very slightly, and the thing is significantly easier to drive.

Running back at 100% for both weight and power, but on S/M tyres, the KTM was indeed much better than it had been at those figures and on S/H. However, with S/M tyres on the Merc, while it will match or even beat the KTM on lap times, it becomes significantly more difficult to extract those lap times from. The transition from understeer to oversteer is a pig, making it much less enjoyable to chuck around.

I don't want to have different compounds available for the cars, and therefore, I hereby decree that the KTM will be run at 93% power and 91% weight.

Cheers, The Judge.

Last edited:
Schedule, 8:30pm UK time.

Tuesday 25th September.

Tuesday 16th October.

Tuesday 13th November.

Tuesday 11th December.

FFS, I'm now in Cardiff next week so can't make the opener, and I'm away in October too. Think it's best I bail out of this. Hopefully there's a partner for Andreas.

but I do want it to be able to lap at a similar pace to the Merc.
Oh sorry I hadn't realised that was your intention. I wrongly thought they were separate battles.
I hereby decree that the KTM will be run at 93% power and 91% weight.
Got you. I'll give it a go. I'd actually tried it with adding extra weight which seemed to make it sit down better.

Think it's best I bail out of this.
What no Larina Booby Bums!

I'll give it a go.
I've been spending most of this wet afternoon doing just that and I think I've cracked the KTM @Zolon32

There were 4 changes that brought about this
1/ I cleaned my glasses
2/ I decided to embrace bumper view since that's what PD really want you to use. It can still gives me an actual headache though!
3/ I switched to the default abs brakes. I gave up trying to find the locking point.
4/ I altered my FFB settings. This has been the major improvement by far. Have PD changed things in the patches because I'd been running at the settings from way back. Some quite big changes to the sliders have resulted in a much better feel through the wheel.

So bottom line is, there's no need change if you don't want to. Set the power and weight to whatever you like, even 100/100, I've got it.

I've got it
Ahaaa! Thanks for that Paul. As your team mate I must say I'm somewhat relieved. I don't know about changes to the feedback system, but each car feels quite different anyway, with the Merc and KTM being quite good in my opinion.

Having given 93%-91% a long test today I want to leave it as it is. I really do think that it's removed some sting from the tail, which bodes well for close racing.

Bad news about the headache though!

Bad news about the headache though!
I think it's the ground rushing past that does it. That's why I like a bonnet or interior view but they are at a disadvantage without the mirror and worse hud layout. A bit more use will probably overcome the ill effects hopefully.
In fact a bit more use and a bit of brake balance adjustment has already swaped me to the other extreme, zero abs! It's better for turning in, provided you can get it stopped of coarse.

What time of day were you thinking of using? Evening at 20:00 is pretty and morning at 9:30 is great with the rolling mist (I didn't know GTS had weather effects!).

I haven't given any great consideration to the time, usually going with a mid-day thing. I'll take a look at what's on offer.

Back