During what month do you think Gran Turismo 5 will release?

During what month do you think Gran Turismo 5 will release?

• Total voters
id say probably july, as gt5 is a system seller and more than likely a launch title for sonys 3d effort. get in gt5 before the ps Move hits the shelf to get the ps3 user base up a bit then leave Christmas for the inevitable shovelware that comes with move

I can't pinpoint which month, but definitely only after the new fiscal year starts. Cuz its only all about money and figures top executives care about.

to be honest i think june or close to natal launch. gtpsp launched with pspgo and looks stunning. so if sony are wanting abig push with 3d tvs, they need big titles to back it up. also 3d firmware is due june 10th........so some time round then perhaps. could release anytime really now ff13 and gow3 is released next week

I think june, because:
1. 3D tvs
2. As Kaz said once, give the release date at the last moment, so release date given at E3, release 2 weeks later.

June is weird date for a GT though. I awaited it on september 2009 to fill long winter evenings with something pleasant and new. But it never came.

Lol i had to laugh when I saw the results of the poll :D
This just shows that nobody has a clue except that it won't be before June

Using extremely flawed logic I have worked out: Whatever P.D says, I'm sure the game's still not complete yet. Lots of stuff to do. If the game was indeed 90% complete, we would have seen a larger variety of cars and tracks till now(through trailers and screen-shots).

It'll take another four months(guess) to complete it. Any time after August will be too late. I believe it's conformed to be released this year.

One thing I am 100% sure of is P.D are doing more than just polishing the game.

Maybe a limited number of copies before that... I still think they've been waiting on purpose to boost sales... to bad it's the laughing stock of the race sim gaming world because of it, eh?

Considering the lack of GT5 at GDC then a summer release date is very highly unlikely ,even impossible so November will probably be the month sadly :grumpy:

July, big summer release with nothing else around it and it will continue to sell well for the rest of the year.

I voted December, but July also sounds good, just after the release of 3D technology for domestic use and after the E3. I remember that GT3 was released on July too.

I also hope a worldwide release. But PD is a japanese company and I think if they release the game after TGS, we will have to wait until december. That´s my opnion.

Edit.: I don`t believe that september is a good month, because F1 2009/2010 will be released that month. Poor codemasters!!!

Last edited:
I've voted June. Reason being, It just makes sense to me.

Edit: July also feels pretty good too. I have a feeling it's either June or July.

Hope early summer, June as Sony has to realise their normal marketing tactics and strategies regarding selling extra 3D TV's etc. don't automatically apply in the current world wide economic downturn.

People will still buy GT5 en masse ( and create enormous profits ), but not necessarily able or willing to invest in the expensive hardware they would do under normal circumstances.

December guys, so prepare yourselves for nine whole months of waiting.

Who voted for April? Sounds a little bit biased for excessive optimism to me. ;)

December guys, so prepare yourselves for nine whole months of waiting.

Who voted for April? Sounds a little bit biased for excessive optimism to me. ;)

No offense mate, but you sound like one of the pessimists. This thread has got me thinking how far long they are now too. Because remember was it January or something where Y Man said the game was about 90 something per cent..? Must be closer to completion by this point in time.

No offense mate, but you sound like one of the pessimists. This thread has got me thinking how far long they are now too. Because remember was it January or something where Y Man said the game was about 90 something per cent..? Must be closer to completion by this point in time.

No problems dude, ;) but since we moved from TBA to 2010 we have something to hold on to, I'm just pointing the worst possible scenario. Yeah, I guess this defines pessimism :lol:.

Sony want's to sell GT5 long side the release of Sony's new 3d TV's right?

That means early summer release. (june-july)

If we see the release before Nov this year it will be the biggest shock bar the second coming, realistically i wouldnt be surprised if the game was delayed into 2011 at all.

Highly pissed off but not surprised.

September for Japan
and mid Oct rest of the world.

We will get the release date at E3 and prolly new trailers and gameplay + finally info about weather.

Worst case: Since GT5 is a system seller it will come out Dezember for christmas. Sonys aiming high sinsole sales along with GT.

No problems dude, ;) but since we moved from TBA to 2010 we have something to hold on to, I'm just pointing the worst possible scenario. Yeah, I guess this defines pessimism :lol:.

:lol: each to their own opinion of course. But like you say at least its not TBA anymore, gives me some peace of mind knowing that it will be deffinetly this year.

I'm being foolishly optimistic and guessing May. I may be wrong, but well as that may be, may the gaming Gods be with us all.

Do the Japanese have thanksgiving? Or Europe... or the rest of the world? :D

Summer is fine, autumn / winter is definitely too late.

Oh, by the way, this thread should prove to be really fun! :dopey:

Sorry Griffith, I wasn't meaning for that to sound US centric, I just meant "holiday" as in the season shopping time when retailers make a big push and around here that's in November. Sorry my European/Japanese friends. :guilty:

The more I keep reading these "summer" answers, the more I hype myself. But there's absolutely no denying that it makes sense, that it is a very plausible time frame to release a title as grand as Gran Turismo 5.

Latest Posts

Back