E-Cigarettes and Vaping Thread

I just ordered my first 'vaping' set up and it will arrive later today. Stay tuned for pics. :)

I heard that people who smoke cigs who then switch to e-cigs, who don't like it, often need WTA e-juice. That stuff will give the euphoric 'high' that you get with regular 'analog' cigs and don't with regular e-juice.

OK, it's here. Works pretty good, but it's not the same as cigars! But, it's pretty damn good, though. So far, I've tried Double Mint, Grape and Beatle Juice. DM is only OK, Grape is awesome, and Beatle Juice is very good and is a WTA E-juice that makes you have that traditional 'cigar/cigarette high' you get from smoking analogs.

I'm very happy with it and can smoke in the house and not stink it all up.

q9iWmuS.jpg

XZ8Ajlq.jpg

Reading in my local paper this week there has been a warning that some lithium batteries for e-cigarettes are of poor quality and explode whilst charging, which has led to fires. One, in Derbyshire, was fatal. It is recommended not to leave the batteries charging while you are asleep or out of the house.

Reading in my local paper this week there has been a warning that some lithium batteries for e-cigarettes are of poor quality and explode whilst charging, which has led to fires. One, in Derbyshire, was fatal. It is recommended not to leave the batteries charging while you are asleep or out of the house.

I've heard this too. It makes me paranoid.

I have three different brands of e-cigarette in my room as we speak, I am convinced that if I try to charge one of them in the wrong charger (which was blamed on several of the incidents) that it will immediately explode my face off.

I'm not too worried. I use 18650 batteries and a awesome charger. Been using this setup for a while. Not one problem, ever. And, I only use Panasonic batteries which have a great quality reputation, so long you don't do stupid things with them.

I have two 3400mah High drain batteries and two 2,900mah very high drain batteries. I've used both in my mod vaper and both work very well, but the 2,900mah's last longer.

3,400's
41FoE6GEN0L._SX300_.jpg

2,900's Look exactly the same.

This is my charger.

Intellicharger i2
nitecore-intellicharger-i2.jpg

Just started vaping. I have to say, I am quite a fan. I love all the different flavors. Right now I am smoking one that tastes like Swedish Fish candy.

No you aren't.
You can't smoke water vapour.

:mischievous:👍

Can I plug my site in here.......

These things verge on cannabis vaporiser, and I can't see the difference to be honest only these are being marketed with different oils aka not cannabis oils. I came in here thinking there may be some good information about these things pros and cons , but its only glorified and even been pushed by vexed and being a site that's initially started for a game that has an universal rating for all ages I find it quite uncomfortable that people who are of a younger age could possibly think these are safe to use , it's safer not to smoke or vape at all is what I say. I smoke don't get me wrong i been smoking since I was 13 and I wish I never. I'd happily delete this if I had the privileges

I wasn't serious, purpl.

The fact of the matter is that smoking is evolving, and people who do not understand the technology fear it.
That's natural, we only fear what we don't understand.
Well, that, and spiders.
For anyone looking for a healthier way to continue imbibing nicotine, then vaping is one solution, but as rightly put by vasiliflame up there, it is most definitely safer not to either smoke, or indeed vape, at all.

But it is proven fact that vaping is safer than smoking.
In the same way that only crossing one lane of highway using just your thumbs as a means of propulsion is safer than crossing all of them.......
During rush hour.
Wearing a kilt.
Maybe...

:irked:👍

I vape. I have been for a few months now. I still smoke cigarettes, but with vaping, I smoke less analogs compared to before. I currently have the iTaste MVP with a couple of different tanks/atomizers. I've mainly been using a Kayfun clone I picked up over the weekend, and I love it. Fantastic flavor, vapor, etc.

Upgraded from a Joyetech eCom to an Innokin itazte SVD with a Nautilus Aspire. How'd I do, and any suggestions for juices?

Been a vape enthusiast now for a little over a year. I was a pretty heavy smoker(pack a day since I was 16, now 33), and was introduced to Vaping by an old friend who was actually offering my wife a manager position at his new shop. Once she took the job, my days of smoking analogs was over. I've enjoyed it since, and I definitely feel better than i felt while smoking. Here's my setup. Nothing fancy, Volcano Lavatube v2.5, variable wattage and voltage with a Tube Tank and 2.5 ohm coil. Picked up on Volcano's Site for $150 as part of a kit.

20150416_101243[1].jpg

Last edited:
I've had all kinds of stuff. My favorite has probably been the itaste SVD, when the damn button works :banghead:

Just recently I've gone back to my trusty old telescopic mechanical and some low res coils. I chain vape quite a bit and the electronics just wear out too fast to keep up.

I also have a small little ego setup (mini protank and VV battery) that I use when traveling. If you're not an idiot you can stealth vape with it all day long in the airports... and if you're really sneaky even on the plane itself. I AM NOT SAYING I RECOMMEND DOING THIS! You can get yourself thrown off the plane for it. Most airlines have amended their rules to specifically cite the use of e-cigs now as well.

Next month will be 2yrs off of real smokes and almost to the end of ecigs as well. I've been mixing my own juice for about a year and a half so its easy to co tell the nicotine level. I started out at 36mg and a few weeks ago mixed my first 0mg batch. Word of caution: be careful how quickly you go down to 0 it it can cause a major relapse! I went a little too soon and the first thing I wanted was a cigarette. So I am back at 5mg again for the time being. Once I do successfully transition to 0mg though the ecig days will be numbered. I only mix a simple menthol so it's not like I'll be missing any favorite flavors or anything and if there's 0nic then whats the point really?

Glad to see there are still people around here that are being helped by them :-)

Last edited:
Just came across this thread....

I can't stand them to be honest... I'm sitting in class and it's a 2 1/2 hr long history class so naturally people are gonna want to walk or do something other than listen to the teacher for that long. Rather than wait for the break, this man pulls out his e-cig, looks directly at me while I'm writing notes, and spits more vapor in my face than the volcanoes in Iceland.

I looked at him and said "are you serious?" loud enough where the class paused (the guy never bothered me it's just the fact he intentionally blew at me). Of course I waited till it was all evaporated/dissipated in the air, but the professor talked (I should say screamed because when I shut the door and left the room all I heard was screaming behind me) to him about it...
My mom has also had the same thing happen to her, as a receptionist. People come in and blow about when they sign in.

Just because it's less harmful does not mean they should be allowed everywhere. It's getting to be more of a nuisance like the selfie-stick than an actual danger. My grandmother nearly died (in all seriousness, she would had of if my aunt did not stay the night with her) from smokes, my grandfather (her husband) died from them, and a few others too that weren't as close died from smokes.

IMO, anything that isn't food water, or prescribed drugs that goes in you is not good.

IMO, anything that isn't food water, or prescribed drugs that goes in you is not good.

I'd argue there's a fair amount of foods available to purchase and your local convenience store that are worse for you than an e-cig. E-cigs typically only contain propylene glycol (which is in everything from soda to ice cream), vegetable glycerol (found in all sorts of pharmaceutical and food products), distilled water, and sometimes nicotine. I'd wager an energy drink is far worse for your health than an e-cig, mainly because god only knows what's in those.

I do agree that people shouldn't be freely allowed to use e-cigs and vapors everywhere, but they do not contribute to second hand smoke and have not been proven to cause any health issues to bystanders like real cigarettes do. While it's rude to blow vapor in someone's face, it's not damaging to your health like blow smoke would be.

====

Anyways, I've recently switched completely over to e-cigs. After a bout of going back to regular cigarettes, I figured it was time to do something about it. I picked up the Blu Plus starter kit with classic tobacco flavor cartridges. I know Blu gets a lot of flak in the vapor community, but since it can fit in my pocket and I can buy cartridges nearly anywhere that sells cigarettes, it makes it really easy to use. Since starting with it I haven't even thought about picking up a regular cigarette, so I consider it to be a success.

I'd argue there's a fair amount of foods available to purchase and your local convenience store that are worse for you than an e-cig. E-cigs typically only contain propylene glycol (which is in everything from soda to ice cream), vegetable glycerol (found in all sorts of pharmaceutical and food products), distilled water, and sometimes nicotine. I'd wager an energy drink is far worse for your health than an e-cig, mainly because god only knows what's in those.

I do agree that people shouldn't be freely allowed to use e-cigs and vapors everywhere, but they do not contribute to second hand smoke and have not been proven to cause any health issues to bystanders like real cigarettes do. While it's rude to blow vapor in someone's face, it's not damaging to your health like blow smoke would be.

====

Anyways, I've recently switched completely over to e-cigs. After a bout of going back to regular cigarettes, I figured it was time to do something about it. I picked up the Blu Plus starter kit with classic tobacco flavor cartridges. I know Blu gets a lot of flak in the vapor community, but since it can fit in my pocket and I can buy cartridges nearly anywhere that sells cigarettes, it makes it really easy to use. Since starting with it I haven't even thought about picking up a regular cigarette, so I consider it to be a success.
Of course there is always junk food. It never really came to my mind as I don't eat poorly (my weight reflects) nor do I drink energy drinks.. So there's that..

And the second hand smoke thing I agree, but the flavored ones where it smells like absolute S**T anywhere in the vicinity is disgusting...

Just came across this thread....

I can't stand them to be honest... I'm sitting in class and it's a 2 1/2 hr long history class so naturally people are gonna want to walk or do something other than listen to the teacher for that long. Rather than wait for the break, this man pulls out his e-cig, looks directly at me while I'm writing notes, and spits more vapor in my face than the volcanoes in Iceland.

I looked at him and said "are you serious?" loud enough where the class paused (the guy never bothered me it's just the fact he intentionally blew at me). Of course I waited till it was all evaporated/dissipated in the air, but the professor talked (I should say screamed because when I shut the door and left the room all I heard was screaming behind me) to him about it...
My mom has also had the same thing happen to her, as a receptionist. People come in and blow about when they sign in.

Just because it's less harmful does not mean they should be allowed everywhere. It's getting to be more of a nuisance like the selfie-stick than an actual danger. My grandmother nearly died (in all seriousness, she would had of if my aunt did not stay the night with her) from smokes, my grandfather (her husband) died from them, and a few others too that weren't as close died from smokes.

Now see here is the biggest problem... it's the jackasses that do stupid crap like that and cause problems for the ones who are considerate to others. I GUARANTEE that is the first and foremost reason they've stopped allowing them in a lot of places.

I have some that I can blow absolutely obnoxious cumulonimbus thunder clouds with but I only do that when I'm alone or with people who don't care. I have other small ones that I can easily keep from making any visible "vapor" at all.

If we could just control the jerks the image would be far better.

I do agree though, lungs are made for air, nothing else. But these are far far better than smoking for those of us who got sucked into niccotine.

I do agree though, lungs are made for air, nothing else. But these are far far better than smoking for those of us who got sucked into niccotine.
Yeah and if CVS didn't entirely ban cigs then this is what I would've hoped the had gone for.

I don't know how others feel about it but IMO I'd wish all the large store chains would drop them altogether, and maybe gas stations be the only place left to buy them... That's just me. As a person who has seen almost two of my family members die from them, I can say I won't be an addict but a stogie every now in then might be in order...

Stores should be allowed to sell cigarettes, both analog and electronic, to anyone over the age of 18 if they choose to do so. It's not like it's a secret smoking is bad for you and any reasonably intelligent individual with the access to any form of device that gets information can find out all they need to know in about 10 minutes of research. Smoking is a choice many of us make for whatever reason, I don't see why limiting buying smokes to a specific place really makes any sense.

I would guess poor diet and lack of exercise kills more people every year than cigarettes do, you wouldn't ban or advocate that store stop selling bacon or butter would you?

I was a heavy smoker for about 15 years, and I quit completely cold turkey after my son was born, because I was approaching 30 and wanted to get properly fit and healthy again to be a good role model for him.

A few of my friends had switched to vaporizers, but I was always suspicious that they weren't as harmless as people claim. Remember, once upon a time cigarettes were "harmless" too. I always figured I was better off fighting my nicotine addiction, rather than getting it from a different source. No doubt they are far less dangerous than regular cigarettes, but scientific studies have already linked them to serious health problems.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/health-risks-e-cigarettes-emerge

The health drawbacks of vaping concern me, to the point that i want to quit and probably will when I run out (like tomorrow morning, scary to think about). But I cannot deny how much better I felt after switching to vaping from cigarettes. Gone instantly were daily headaches, shortness of breath, coughing, lack of motivation and energy, not to mention I smelled better. I encourage everybody to quit nicotine, but if you can't or don't want to quit, at least try vaping, it's a somewhat better alternative in my experience.

Last edited:
I never had those symptoms when I was a smoker, apart from the coughing. Maybe it's a placebo? One of my friends that switched to a vaporizer from cigarettes switched back because he reckoned it made him feel worse. I told him it was probably in his head, but I guess it could work both ways. I guess what I'm trying to say is if you're doing it for your health, you'd be better off quitting.

XS
The health drawbacks of vaping concern me, to the point that i want to quit and probably will when I run out (like tomorrow morning, scary to think about). But I cannot deny how much better I felt after switching to vaping from cigarettes. Gone instantly were daily headaches, shortness of breath, coughing, lack of motivation and energy, not to mention I smelled better. I encourage everybody to quit nicotine, but if you can't or don't want to quit, at least try vaping, it's a somewhat better alternative in my experience.

I'm not entirely convinced on the health drawbacks yet, while I don't think vaping is as healthy as not vaping, I don't really see a ton of concern like I do with real cigarettes.

Several companies, including many of the big names, make nicotine free e-liquids that you can vape. The program I've set for myself is to gradually work from the high nicotine content cartridges, to the medium, then down to the low. Once I feel like I've leveled out I'm going to try some zero nicotine ones to see how that goes. I think grabbing for a cigarette is partially a mental thing for me and if I can continue to trick my brain without inhaling any nicotine at all, I'll be better off than I am now. I think cutting out the nicotine, cuts out a major component that could potentially be hazardous.

From the research I've done, it looks like vaping nicotine free e-liquid is no more harmful that drinking a soda or using a medication inhaler barring you know what ingredients are in it. Partially the reason I chose Blu E-Cigs was that they are owned by Lorillard, the maker of Newports, and I at least know they are less likely to contain inferior chemicals in their liquid. Plus, while everything is assembled in China, the liquid is made in the US and has to adhere to its regulations.

From the link I posted above:
"E-cigarettes deliver high levels of nanoparticles, the researchers found, which can trigger inflammation and have been linked to asthma, stroke, heart disease, and diabetes "

"She reviewed data from 18 studies on e-cigarettes’ vapors and found that most contain at least traces of the solvents in which nicotine and flavorings had been dissolved. Those solvents, she reports, are known as lung irritants.

And the solvents can transform into something even more worrisome: carbonyls. This group includes known cancer-causing chemicals, such as formaldehyde, and suspected carcinogens, such as acetaldehyde."

"If users of second-generation e-cigarettes maximize the power on their devices while using vaping liquids containing a solvent mix of glycerin and propylene glycol, formaldehyde levels can reach that found in tobacco smoke"

"Such compounds in smoke are mainly a concern if they make it all the way into the lungs. Many biologists think particle size and count are key, says Glantz. Vapers can inhale huge numbers of very small aerosols — the most toxic size — that can then deposit into the lung’s tiniest airways, which are pivotal to moving air into the body."

There's also more reasons in that article that would prevent me from thinking of E-cigs as an alternative to smoking. I figure it isn't a whole lot better for you, so why bother. I didn't have any trouble quitting smoking though, but surely there are safer ways to ween yourself off nicotine than inhaling harmful varpours, and doing more damage to the lungs you've smashed with cigarette smoke for years. Just my opinion. Perhaps gum or patches would be a safer bet. 👍

I'm still rather skeptical of the studies that say e-cigs are dangerous to your health since there are very few compounds in e-liquid. Propylene glycol, which the FDA has deemed "mostly safe" and is used in both pharmaceticals and food, and vegetable glycerol, which the FDA also recognizes as "generally recognized as safe", are the two main ingredients in most e-liquids. While they aren't without their problems, the fact they are both used in several things we ingest frequently leads me to believe there's not a ton of ill effects from them.

The only thing in e-cigs that I can see as potentially harmful is the nicotine and even then I think the negative health effects of nicotine can be debated depending on what source you trust. I've yet to find conclusive evidence one way or the other when it comes to nicotine.

Patches and gum only work to a degree, at least with me. I found the gum to be gross and didn't want to chew it and the patches didn't really do much.

Here's the thing... vaping may carry the potential for carcinogenic compounds... but not all e-cigs and fluids are the same.

Note that in studies that have reviewed several samples from different manufacturers, not all produce formaldehyde, and its production is linked to voltage.

When regulation finally catches up with the industry, expect these things to get safer, overall. They're currently much safer than cigarettes, which spew noxious clouds of carbon monoxide and carbon particulates into everyone else's lungs... e-cig smoke is less noxious and disperses more readily. But that doesn't mean users shouldn't be mindful of others...

My body is my body... no one else has the right to shove nicotine down my nostrils, or marijuana smoke, or any other similar psychoactive substance.

Back