E3 2008 Videos and News

Digital-Nitrate

1955-2011 R.I.P.
Premium
United States
Austin, Texas
D-Nitrate / GTP_DNitrate
Well it's that time of the year again, and although E3 2008 doesn't officially start until next week, developers are already releasing a lot of new info on their upcoming games.

This year GameTrailers is hosting the official site for E3 coverage, and will also be broadcasting some E3 coverage on Spike TV.

However, for the best broadcast coverage, G4TV is having the most by far:

G4's Massive E3 08 Coverage Announced
Posted by Robt. Juster - Tuesday, July 08, 2008 12:45 PM
As you might imagine, E3 is a very special time of year here at the G4 offices... You’ll never see a giddier bunch of nerds and geeks in your whole life as in the week leading up to E3. With that in mind, and ahead of the official G4 press release, we wanted to give you an idea of what to expect from our E3 coverage will be this year. With over 17 hours of live coverage on G4 – including COMMERCIAL FREE coverage of the Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo press conferences – its going to be quite a week. And if that’s not enough, you can count on the G4tv.com team to bring you even more: Every single trailer and screenshot, live streaming coverage of all press conference (not just the big three but all the rest), special editions of The MMO Report, Sessler’s Soapbox and Freestyle 101, and more. Oh yeah, and we’ll be launching an HD version of our video player so you can watch high res versions of all of your favorite E3 trailers. Bamph!

As always, you’ll be able to enjoy highlights of our E3 coverage (and tons of web-exclusives) on G4tv.com... along with coverage extended to G4 Podcasts and G4 Mobile (now available on VCAST). G4 on Demand (VOD) coverage on you cable/ satellite set-top box will start July 17th.

We’re beyond excited, and as you make your way down this list, you will be too. Keep in mind that the games listed in the coverage below are actual demos, not simple previews or teaser trailers. That’s how we roll.

G4's E3 2008 Coverage Schedule:

Games in Blue will be out on PS3

Monday July 14th
  • 1PM ET – Half-hour pre-show followed by the entire Microsoft Press Conference – live and commercial free on-air and online.
  • 6PM ET – EA Press Conference - Live streaming coverage on G4tv.com
  • 7PM ET – Two-hour E3 Preview Show featuring the following DEMOS:
    • Fallout 3
    • Fable 2
    • Halo Wars
    • Ghostbusters : The Videogame
    • Silent Hill: Homecoming

Tuesday July 15th
  • 12PM ET – Live on-air and online streaming, commercial free coverage of the Nintendo Press conference
  • 2:30PM ET - Live on-air and online streaming, commercial free coverage of the Sony Press conference
  • 5:30PM ET – Ubisoft Press Conference - Live streaming coverage on G4tv.com
  • 6:00PM ET– Live three hour E308 Special featuring the following DEMOS:
    • Gears of War 2
    • Resistance 2
    • Killzone 2
    • Rock Band 2
    • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
    • Prince of Persia
    • Street Fighter IV
    • Lord of the Rings: Conquest
    • Dark Void
  • 7:30PM ET – CAPCOM Press Conference - Live streaming coverage on G4tv.com
  • 11:30PM ET – ACTIVISION Press Conference - Streaming coverage on G4tv.com

Wednesday July 16th
  • 5:30PM ET - KONAMI Press Conference - Live streaming coverage on G4tv.com
  • 6PM ET – Live three hour E308 Special featuring the following DEMOS:
    • Resident Evil 5
    • FarCry 2
    • LittleBigPlanet
    • Dead Space
    • Spore
    • InFamous
    • Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
    • Left 4 Dead
    • Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe
    • Crysis: Warhead
    • Shaun White Snowboarding
    • Deadly Creatures

Thursday, July 17th
  • 6PM ET – Live three hour E308 Special featuring the following DEMOS:
    • Mirror's Edge
    • Madden NFL '09
    • Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.
    • Tom Clancy's EndWar
    • Project Origin
    • Banjo Kazooie
    • Face Breaker

Friday, July 18th
  • 7PM ET – Attack of the Show E3 Wrap-up Special
  • 8PM ET – X-Play “Best of E3” Special

Wednesday looks like it has an awesome line-up! LittleBigPlanet, Left 4 Dead, Spore, Mercenaries 2, FarCry 2, Resident Evil 5, Fallout 3. :drool:

I'm afraid I'm gonna be glued to the 'tube for a few days...

This is the most psyched I've ever been for any game expo, ever. Fallout 3, Fable 2, Halo Wars, Silent Hill Homecoming, Gears of War 2, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Star Wars The Force Unleashed, Resident Evil 5, Far Cry 2, Spore, Mirror's Edge, Banjo Kazooie....

Guh. It's an orgy of awesomeness. Not to mention I have a feeling a few games not listed there could be appearing at E3... God Of War 3, Gran Turismo 5, White Knight Chronicles, Final Fantasy XIII...

And what big titles, if any, does Nintendo have in the works? Very little is known about what big titles they'll be showcasing at E3... Surely they have at least one big title to announce. Maybe a new Zelda game?

It's hard for me to get REAL excited about E3 anymore, it's just a shell of what it use to be, and because of that big developers like Square-Enix don't even bother showing their big games like Final Fantasy XIII there anymore.

I remember last year PD showed just a 30 second teaser but saved a much better trailer for some Playstation event in Japan a week later.

Now enough of the negative,

I am hoping PD will show a new GT5 trailer showing off new tracks and cars, and maybe even a new feature like damage or day/night cycles.

I also want a specific date and details for the so called "fall update" for GT5P.

Other then that there isn't much else for me, besides probably some new gameplay videos of Motorstorm 2, Resistance 2, LBP and some other good games.

I do miss the old E3. I don't care about the logistics of it all, just celebrate video games.

Sony's press conference will be on Tuesday. Set your alarm clocks.

I'm excited for Mirror's Edge, FlOwer, and GT5 proper.

I'm excited for Mirror's Edge, FlOwer, and GT5 proper.

I'm particularly interested in Mirror's Edge (BTW: there are a couple new trailers for the game on GameTrailers).

I'm very curious about Flower as well. It was released on the Japanese PSN store a couple weeks ago, so hopefully it won't be too long before it get's released here:

DSCN1927.jpg

I also noticed that Elefunk was released today on the Japanese store as well:

DSCN1929.jpg

I'm particularly interested in Mirror's Edge (BTW: there are a couple new trailers for the game on GameTrailers).

I'm very curious about Flower as well. It was released on the Japanese PSN store a couple weeks ago, so hopefully it won't be too long before it get's released here:

That's actually not FlOwer. That is a Japanese gardening game that I cannot recall the name of, but is separate from FlOwer.

Hold up, hold up, hold up; wait just a minute here...

Am I the only one here who is super excited about... uh... hello... STREET FIGHTER IV? HADOUKEN!!!!!

I'm pretty interested in Resident Evil 5, Fallout 3 and whatever Sony have to say about the PS3's future (if anything). :)

Hopefully some GT5 info is revealed, despite not being officially listed as appearing at E3.

I also miss old style E3.... nothing major really gets announced there anymore, its just updates on progress etc..

That flower thing also interests me, reminds me of that Safari game that showed off the PS3's graphical power... can't remember the name.

Robin.

That's actually not FlOwer. That is a Japanese gardening game that I cannot recall the name of, but is separate from FlOwer.

It certainly fooled me. If you can dig up where you read about it and or the title, I'd be very interested in knowing more about it. Thanks.

That flower thing also interests me, reminds me of that Safari game that showed off the PS3's graphical power... can't remember the name.

I suspect you are refering to Afrika which is supposed to be coming out in Japan at the end of August:

I want to know where my PSP perpherals are.
Camera
GPS

What, do they think US gamers can't use a GPS?

Resistance 2 and Motorstorm 2 are the 2 im interested in most. (Already sold on Killzone 2)

I wouldn't mind seeing more on Heavy Rain

It certainly fooled me. If you can dig up where you read about it and or the title, I'd be very interested in knowing more about it. Thanks.

Apparently it's a game called Shikitei, which translates to "Four Seasons Garden". It's a Japan-only PSN game, and it's some sort of gardening/landscaping simulator.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/31/psn-gardening-game-to-excercise-green-thumbs/

And regarding Afrika... I really hope it hits the States! Looks like an entertaining way to kill time. :)

The Microsoft Press Conference is Today, anyone going to spy on the enemy?

Well I wouldn't call them the enemy necessarily, they just have an inferior piece of hardware on offer IMHO. ;)

But yeah it'll be interesting to read a summary of what they had to say. I wouldn't waste my time watching it live though.

Well I wouldn't call them the enemy necessarily, they just have an inferior piece of hardware on offer IMHO. ;)

But yeah it'll be interesting to read a summary of what they had to say. I wouldn't waste my time watching it live though.
Maybe, but they're claiming they are out selling the PS3 (by maybe a million units according to their chart), and that they will continue to outsell the PS3 this generation through offering exclusive Xbox titles & Live.

Maybe, but they're claiming they are out selling the PS3 (by maybe a million units according to their chart), and that they will continue to outsell the PS3 this generation through offering exclusive Xbox titles & Live.

1st off, I never made any claim or reference to sales between the competing consoles (present or future). 2nd off, I clearly indicated I was stating a personal opinion. 3rd off, sales has bugger all to do with fundamental hardware design, manufacture, assembly, testing and packaging. 4th off, what else do you expect MS to say? You know Sony is going to "cook" their numbers in a similar fashion. When it comes to sales projections by these companies it's all plausible horse manure.

G.T
Woo, Final Fantasy XIII for 360. :D

Really?!?!

There goes another great franchise if so

:nervous::indiff::guilty::(:(:(:(

Worst news I can remember in a very long time

Money can buy you anything it seems...:(:(:(:(

Final Fantasy XIII is ruint now just ruint...these great franchises should not be multiplatform...they need to be on one console to take advantage of it...this is such BS when EA and Microsoft are done (buying) the gaming business it will be total crap..:mad:

Really?!?!

There goes another great franchise if so

:nervous::indiff::guilty::(:(:(:(
Yeah, I know how you feel, but it's good to know a lot more people will get the FF experience now.

Square Enix are also developing 3 other games for the console, forgot what they're called. I guess MS payed them a lot to fill in the lack of RPGs it has.

Back