Electric Vehicles in Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 124 comments
Australia
Australia
Continuing from this thread in GT Sport
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/electric-vehicles-in-gt-sport.391667/#post-12978128

New, Returning and possible future electric vehicles, in GT7

• Audi e-tron(SUV) '18
  • Audi e-tron Vision GT Returned
  • Audi RS E-Tron GT '21
  • BMW i3 '15 Returned
  • Chevrolet Bolt EV '17
  • Citroen DS3 Crossback E-Tense '19
  • Ford F-150 Lightning '22
  • Ford Mustang Mach-E '21
  • Honda e '20
  • Hyundai Ioniq '16
  • Hyundai Kona '19
  • Jaguar I-Pace '18
  • Jaguar I-Pace eTrophy race car
  • Jaguar Vision GT Returned
  • Jaguar Vision GT SV New
  • Lotus Evija '20(if Lotus return)
  • Mazda MX-30 '20
  • Mercedes-Benz EQC400 4MATIC '19
  • MINI ELECTRIC '20
  • Nissan Ariya '21
  • Nissan LEAF '20
  • Nissan LEAF NISMO RC '19
  • Peugeot e208 '19
  • Polestar 2 '20
  • Porsche Mission R
  • Porsche Taycan '19 Returned
  • Porsche Vision GT New
  • Porsche Vision GT Spyder New
  • Rimac Concept One '14
  • Rimac Concept C_Two '20
  • Renault Zoe '19
  • Sony VISION-S Concept/Vision S 01 '20
  • Sony VISION-S 02 ‘22
  • Sony Honda Mobility AFEELA Concept ‘24 New
  • Tesla Model 3 '18
  • Tesla Model 3 ‘23 New
  • Tesla Model S '12 Returned
  • Tesla Model S P100D race car '19
  • Tesla Roadster '21
  • Volkswagen e-Up! '15
  • Volkswagen ID3 '20
  • Volswagen ID.R '19 New
  • Volkswagen ID.R Evo '20

Racing Series
  • ETCR '20 (includes CUPRA e-Racer '20 and Hyundai Veloster N ETCR '20)
  • EXTREME E 2021 off-road electric racing series
  • Formula E '19

Last edited:
I'm hoping the premium EVs/hybrids from the PS3-era will return, even including the Fisker Karma - though I wouldn't mind its successor, the Karma Rainbow, replacing it. But I really do want the original Tesla Roadster to be there, and hopefully the Model III, too. I'd say both are major icons among electric cars, just as the Prius is an iconic electric hybrid, or how the Mirai is an iconic hydrogen-powered car.

Additionally, on my wishlist for various EVs/hybrids, I'd definitely add the BMW i8, as well as the Chevrolet Bolt; I hear the latter is a very respectable EV. Perhaps an Extreme E car could also be a good off-road counterpart to Formula E, if/when they add that. Oh, and I'd really want the Koenigsegg Regera, alongside other Koenigsegg models like the CCX and Agera. (Maybe even the CCX GT could be added as a Gr.3 car, but I digress.)

Last edited:
I really like EV's too, and they are coolest when they embrace the new age instead of trying to be something its not. *cough* mustang mach-e *cough*. These are my favorites currently released, soon to be, or concepts that I find neat.

Tesla Roadster (2021)
Tesla-Roadster-103.jpg

red-multi-coat-tesla-roadster-unveiling-interior-1_2000x.jpg

Honda E (2020) -
Also, Here is a fantastic nearly 30 minute long in-depth review of the Honda E, which is a great watch.
Honda_e-01@2x.jpg

honda-e-prototype_100693240_h.jpg

Sony Vision S Concept
sony-vision-s-electric-car-technology_dezeen_2364_hero-1.jpg

sony_vision_s_9943.jpg

It's actually amazing how clever, and 'complete' this concept car of Sony's looks, and its pretty sad its not going to be a real thing. If it doesn't come to Gran Turismo, it would be a massive waste.

On the topic of gameplay for EV's for GT7, I would love if a decent selection of performance upgrades are available for these cars. Lot of these EV's get ignored because so little customization exists for these in games. Would be cool to have things like Stage-based '3rd party software updates' that can optimize power better, or battery upgrades that can give you trade offs like less range, in exchange for less weight. Anything that makes sense, without being too far from realism. Along with the usual weight reduction upgrades, and visuals we are used to in other cars.

Last edited:
Can't recall ever using it. Was that the white GoPro car? If so, I didn tlike the bubble too. Probably why I didn't try it. :lol:

Well, me personally I'm hoping to get the Tesla Model 3 in GT7, then I can finally drive my own car in the game. :D And honestly, if we get the Tesla Model S again, I hope they'll add the facelift and not the one that we have in GT Sport right now. That looks so much better, never really liked the pre-facelift Model S as much. Audi and Polestar would be cool to have as well. With more and more EV's becoming available in the real world it'd be silly for PD not to add any more real electric cars to the game (no, the VGT's don't count).

Well, where will they end up being in the FIA class (although it is very likely that they will only compete in PP-based classes)? Well, maybe they will end up in Group X once again...

Can't remember what PD did with the Tesla and Fisker. I think we could race against petrol cars in Arcade. We'll see.

Fisker Karma EcoSport '12
386 HP
2404 kg
1300 Nm
120 to 166 W/Kg
138,000 Cr
PP483

Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance '12
415 HP
2018 kg
600 Nm
154 to 210 W/Kg
92,000 Cr
PP492

Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance 15th Anniversary Edition '12
444 HP
2018 kg
164 to ? W/Kg
100,000 Cr
PP499

Tesla Motors Tesla Roadster '08
248 HP
1238 kg
370 Nm
149 to 200 W/Kg
100,000 Cr
PP463

I seem to recall you could use them in standard events however they didnt perform that well given they are largely overweight, the Roadster excepted.

I would probably expect them to go back to being N class road cars? Would modern EVs be competitive?

Fisker Karma EcoSport '12
386 HP
2404 kg
1300 Nm
120 to 166 W/Kg
138,000 Cr
PP483

Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance '12
415 HP
2018 kg
600 Nm
154 to 210 W/Kg
92,000 Cr
PP492

Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance 15th Anniversary Edition '12
444 HP
2018 kg
164 to ? W/Kg
100,000 Cr
PP499

Tesla Motors Tesla Roadster '08
248 HP
1238 kg
370 Nm
149 to 200 W/Kg
100,000 Cr
PP463

I seem to recall you could use them in standard events however they didnt perform that well given they are largely overweight, the Roadster excepted.

I would probably expect them to go back to being N class road cars? Would modern EVs be competitive?
The Taycan certainly is. I ran all the 4-door sedans at Bathurst. Was just under the Gr.4 sedans.

Acceleration is fine with EVs. It's the top speed that may be the Achille's Heel. On short circuits, shouldn't be a problem.

Sooooo... Jaguar at being careful not to say which Gran Turismo the GTSV will feature in, but herein lies another electric vehicle. Again, I think these EVs will play a good sized role in the evolution of GT play.

Sooooo... Jaguar at being careful not to say which Gran Turismo the GTSV will feature in, but herein lies another electric vehicle. Again, I think these EVs will play a good sized role in the evolution of GT play.
I'm hoping that either the VGT SV will be in Gr.1, or will have a hybrid version that can comply with Gr.1, much like we see with the Hyundai N2025 VGT.

As for other electric vehicles, I could see the Tesla Model III being more likely than the 2021 Roadster, or the facelifted Model S, if only for how important it is as a relatively more affordable electric vehicle. Ideally, I'd prefer to see an "NE-Series" class for electric vehicles, or alternatively, a way for them to be rolled into the N-Series, rather than always being in Gr.X. In addition to hoping that all the premium electric vehicles from GT6 return, such as the Fisker Karma - though perhaps that one in particular could be replaced with the Karma Rainbow - I had my own ideas as to what electric vehicles could be ideal for Gran Turismo:

-Audi E-Tron GT
-Chevrolet Volt (first-gen)
-Jaguar I-Pace
-NIO EP9
-Volkswagen ID.3
-Toyota Prius Prime

This, of course, is just the models off the top of my head. It's also not counting hydrogen-powered cars, and in that regard, I'd pick the Toyota Mirai and Honda Clarity. And speaking of fuel cell tech, I'd love for the Toyota MTRC to return.

Just had a look at the Audi E-tron in another thread. Jeep have been upping the Cherokee 4xe. VW pushing the ID_ models. New Tesla Model 2. The Sony EV may not be made, but I think we'll see plenty EVs in this game. Probably more than in any other racing game.

Anyway, I have no doubt PD are informed of how the motor industry are changing. Next time gtplanet get a chance to interview Kaz, hope we can find out if EVs will be a big part of Gran Turismo.
I mean, videos games being near the last place we'll see & hear an encyclopedia of petrol engines, all in one place.

I recall hearing that either PD or Kaz himself wanted to add Formula E, for what it's worth. I think it'd be great, and some of the circuits that've been used in that series could work as spiritual successors to the various made-for-game city circuits from GT4, like NYC and Hong Kong. (Even if they're set in different locations in those cities. For example, the GT4 course set in NYC is based in Manhattan, whereas the Formula E course was in Brooklyn.)

Last edited:
Back