Electric Vehicles in Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 124 comments
Maybe :D:sly::lol:

Edit: whoops
dai-yoshihara-T3PP-001-202103-860x483.jpg
This could be fun to drive. Maybe we'll see the return of the Tajima E-Runner, too.

Those look slick.

Porsche has committed to Formula E for the next couple years. If we're getting GT7 before end of 2022, maybe we see the same year model. That's if a Porsche FE hasn't already been modelled.

I don't honestly know what would be better - to somehow integrate electric vehicles into the N-Series, or have a separate series for purely electric vehicles. I wouldn't mind either, as long as we don't have electric vehicles placed in Gr.X again. But I do hope all electric vehicles from previous GT games return, even the Fisker Karma and the original Tesla Roadster.

I could see the Mustang Mach E coming as a new addition, too. I'd argue that the Mach E is a great symbol of both changing tastes and the move towards more sustainable fuels. Especially when compared to the other Mustang models that'll likely be in GT7.

Last edited:
Electric Vehicles should be available to race all cars, in Arcade Mode. Gr.X for EVs are fine. PD have to program the cars to run together. Not this silly One Make only default.
Hybrids should be with other petrol and diesel powered classes. As is with the Honda Fit Hybrid, that races in N100.

I think the Audi E-Tron GT and Ford Mustang Mach E could be likely additions for either GT7 or a future installment, alongside the Tesla Model III and perhaps some other electric models, like the Chevrolet Volt.

Electric Vehicles should be available to race all cars, in Arcade Mode. Gr.X for EVs are fine. PD have to program the cars to run together. Not this silly One Make only default.

I think it'd be ideal to have an "NE-Series" so that they can race together, but with BoP so that one model doesn't become overly dominant. I also believe in the creation of a few other racing classes so that as many historic race cars are moved out of Gr.X as possible. I'd have a "Gr.1V" for vintage prototypes like the Ferrari 330 P4, a "Gr.3V" for vintage grand tourers like the Shelby Daytona Coupe and Alfa Romeo TZ2, and a group for the racecars that competed in the 1954 24 Hours of Le Mans, such as the Jaguar D-Type and the Aston Martin DB3S - but I digress.

Hybrids should be with other petrol and diesel powered classes. As is with the Honda Fit Hybrid, that races in N100.

Which is how it works in GT Sport, no?

Last edited:
Which is how it works in GT Sport, no?
Yes, but the McLaren P1 GT-R is in Gr.X. Could/Should be in N1000 against the Bugatti. It's a track car like the Vulcan. However, in-game hybrids, can exist alongside full petrol models.

Yes, but the McLaren P1 GT-R is in Gr.X. Could/Should be in N1000 against the Bugatti. It's a track car like the Vulcan. However, in-game hybrids, can exist alongside full petrol models.
I think the track-only cars should be in Gr.X, but especially the P1 GTR since it can use ERS/DRS.

EDIT: By track-only cars, I do also mean the Aston Martin Vulcan and the Pagani Zonda R. The Vulcan shouldn't be in the N-Series as I don't recall it being street-legal.

Last edited:
Every time I drive the porshe electric 4 door and get to top speed in about 3 secs and hit the limiter. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:
Meh, I hope there wont be many. Boring, in general not very fun to drive
They are the future, though. I think for the sake of representing the current state of the auto industry, there should be more of them - but only more notable models like the Tesla Model III, the Audi E-Tron GT, and a Formula E racer. Maybe even the new Mustang Mach E could join in, too.

They are the future, though. I think for the sake of representing the current state of the auto industry, there should be more of them - but only more notable models like the Tesla Model III, the Audi E-Tron GT, and a Formula E racer. Maybe even the new Mustang Mach E could join in, too.
I know, the future is a bit dark. Probably the Formula E one will be an exception and it will be fun
Which ones have you driven?
All of them in GT Sport

I know, the future is a bit dark. Probably the Formula E one will be an exception and it will be fun

Yes, but it's still an important part of the auto industry. I don't foresee GT ignoring these changing trends that are meant to emphasize sustainability.

Last edited:
Yes, but it's still an important part of the auto industry. I don't foresee GT ignoring these changing trends that are meant to emphasize sustainability.
Sure they must keep track on new relevant cars and all, but it's still a videogame. You don't pollute the environment by driving internal combustion cars in the game
By the way electric cars are far from being 100% environment friendly

Last edited:
Sure they must keep track on new relevant cars and all, but it's still a videogame. You don't pollute the environment by driving internal combustion cars in the game
I don't think any of that is relevant to how PD follows trends in the auto industry.

Its a game, its about having fun first and foremost, they need to have a balance of everything
This is balancing the car list. How cars translate in game, some internal combustion cars are not fun to drive in game(Vulcan perhaps?).

No doubt, if you're not satisfied with the current EVs in the game, doesn't mean any new ones would be any worse in your view.

Just read a short article about EV edit:sales in Australia. There's a six month wait for the popular Taycan and no wait for the even more popular MG EUV( may as well not call it an SUV). It's the least expensive EV in Australia.

How this translates to the game, there's a new player base that may not care for any type of car. Manufacturers still want to sell cars. Getting on the Gran Turismo marketing train, as these new EVs roll out, will be the best thing to do.
Many GT fans will object to not hearing the rumbling of ICE cars, but as Kaz wants to keep automobile enthusiasm alive, he's got to tap into the EV market too. Those EV rally cars and race cars and some of those exclusive one off hyper vehicles, may raise the doubters' eyebrows.

Only problem with the low powered EVs, like the i3, it's a slow car that's fast. Different to driving a Mini or 500F that's slow, but driven fast.
The i3 is much quicker. It accelerates quickly and the ride is over. Doesn't have the thrill of speed rising and hoping to reach terminal velocity, before the end of a straight. Dancing on the edge. It reaches top speed easily and way before running out of road.

If PD can switch on battery drainage, it'll add a bit more fun to try hypermiling these rides.

Last edited:
On the contrary, ICE cars are not going anywhere by a long shot in nearly all racing game titles. You can still enjoy them to your heart's content!

Just because PD adds a couple EV cars into the game doesn't mean they care any less about the internal combustion engine anymore. Just look at cars such as the X2019 Competition, which they literally swapped in a naturally aspirated V12 engine into the car for the sake of making it's engine note sound more engaging in the FIA races that features them.

Its a game, its about having fun first and foremost, they need to have a balance of everything

It's a game, it's about making money first and foremost. If pandering to car manufacturers by including the latest models is what they need to get access to the licenses they require for the rest of the game then that's what they'll do.

Polyphony won't be getting anywhere by giving the manufacturers the finger, and the manufacturers will want their electric cars advertised.

Only problem with the low powered EVs, like the i3, it's a slow car that's fast. Different to driving a Mini or 500F that's slow, but driven fast.
The i3 is much quicker. It accelerates quickly and the ride is over. Doesn't have the thrill of speed rising and hoping to reach terminal velocity, before the end of a straight. Dancing on the edge. It reaches top speed easily and way before running out of road.

If PD can switch on battery drainage, it'll add a bit more fun to try hypermiling these rides.

I think there's potential for a whole new style of strategic racing if they care to get into it. It'll take a bit of work to make sure that it's fun, engaging and intuitive but I think they can do it if they want to.

I think the Leaf in GT5(?), gave us a taste of managing the battery. Quick charge pit stops can be a feature in a Sport Mode event. Even the "pass" lane(the one in FormulaE)-not sure if that's still in the current series. Make that in addition to the Penalty Zones.

Of course, before all that, we have to see what, if any, EVs will be in GT7.

I think the Leaf in GT5(?), gave us a taste of managing the battery. Quick charge pit stops can be a feature in a Sport Mode event. Even the "pass" lane(the one in FormulaE)-not sure if that's still in the current series. Make that in addition to the Penalty Zones.

Of course, before all that, we have to see what, if any, EVs will be in GT7.

I think the Prius had something similar, I remember their performance used to drop a lot towards the end of a race.

Given PD's relationship with Toyota, I think the Prius Prime is very likely. The hydrogen-powered version of the Mirai also seems somewhat likely. Then, for Formula E, I think it'd make most sense to add a single Formula E racer from a given generation, rather than potentially adding the entire field. The Nissan car seems most likely among them, though it'll be up to Kaz/PD to pick a car to add to GT.

Here's my idea, though. I think Formula E itself could appear as a special event in GT7, complete with the boost zones. And hopefully, it'll also be playable as an online mode, too. (If the Sierra Time Rally returns in some way as well, I'd hope that has online capability, too, even if it's just comparing high scores among your friends or something.)

I also don't see the electric versions of various VGTs getting integrated into Gr.1; I think it's more likely that hybrid versions will be in Gr.1, potentially including newer VGTs like the Jaguar VGT Coupe SV. Even if the electric versions of those VGTs were taken out of Gr.X, I'd much rather have a "Gr.1E" for electric prototypes or something.

Last edited:
I think the Prius had something similar, I remember their performance used to drop a lot towards the end of a race.
It was cool to watch the draining animation.

As for Formula E, there are premium brands participating in that category. It'd be possible to see multiple brands. A bit of a reason would that it's not like an Indy car licence or F1. I'd say it's at a step slightly higher or equal to Super Formula, in public knowledge.

Might not come at a premium to licence. Of course I don't know that for sure. However, with Porsche announcing we'd see their FE car in GT, other manufacturers(as mentioned about Nissan), would make sense to raise their hands and be included.

Well electric vehicles in GT7 would solve the poor vacuum-like car sounds in GT.

:D

The i3 was one of my favourite cars in GT Sport. An EV championship that balances power and range in GT7 would be an interesting type of racing and would help balance the electric car class a little.

Sure, your i3 might be slower, but it can go for further than car X under race conditions. Program the AI to factor risk vs reward so you got opponents running out having tried too hard and it could be quite a fascinating type of race.

Back