Electric Vehicles in Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 124 comments
If there ends up being enough electric vehicles in the game, could they not make a small league (offline & online) series inside the game for EV's only?

ZEE
If there ends up being enough electric vehicles in the game, could they not make a small league (offline & online) series inside the game for EV's only?
I was thinking something among the lines of the Electric Circuits event from GT6, except there may be an additional version of the event, so that there's one iteration for less powerful EVs like the BMW i3, and one for sportier EVs like the Porsche Taycan.

ZEE
Why PD didn't make One make i3, Tesla and Taycan GT League races, I don't know. There's the Clio Cup, Roadster Cup, Raptor events, TT Cup. However, we can use the i3 and Tesla, in Real Circuit Tours. Those two cars meet the maximum horsepower regulations. The Taycan exceeds the hp limit.
EV leagues can be done. We'll see.

Well, with this real world news, it's going to open the door for games to get these in.

FIA reveals electric GT3-style category with an emphasis on fast charging and flexible battery/drivetrain development.

Official spec sheet:

eb97a859-1056-49bd-8988-36e81e87ae9c.jpg

https://www.motoring.com.au/renault-to-introduce-180km-h-speed-limiter-129650/

Okay. How does this relate to EVs in GT7?

The point about Volvo looking to monitor its customers driver behaviour. PD do this with DR/SR(only tells part of the player's driving behaviour). PD also have in-game vehicle sales data.
GT have motor racing circuits where players take cars to more or less, race. Not so much as drive leisurely.
Would Volvo allow certain cars, if we do see their EVs in game, to be used for the purposes of racing?

PC3 are getting EVs on May 4. A few hints are the Audi AI:Race, Nio EP9 and VW IDR. If GT7 include such cars, it really will open up the world to receive EVs. Not for inevitably sake. More so from a car performance few.

Edit: Here's the Rimac in action

Last edited:
*don't know what happened to my post*

Well, I had sampled the four EVs, new to PC3. Porsche Taycan, Audi AI:race concept, NIO EP9 and VW ID.R. Tried the first three at Zandvoort and the VW at Bathurst.
It's like driving automatics stuck in first gear. That's the short of it. However, SMS are able to capture nuances of circuits in their modelling. It makes all the difference in driving feel.
I have to get used to the braking. I use manual gear selecting on my DS4, engine braking give me the signals to what my car is doing. In PC3, SMS program those track details very well. It helps to communicate what the car is doing on the road surface.

If PD can add more road surface communication, it'd go a long way to help players immersion with these EVs and all cars in game.

Anyway, these particular cars, I can see being fun in lobbys and Sport Mode.

I think this could be a good addition to the game, the Kia EV6 GT.
576bhp AWD with 3.5 seconds of 0-60 time
besides, GT never had any other Korean brands than Hyundai and Protomotors.

Attachments

• 27416_87113_3855.jpg
    27416_87113_3855.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Kia-EV6-GT-05-.jpg
    Kia-EV6-GT-05-.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 21
XSN
I think this could be a good addition to the game, the Kia EV6 GT.
576bhp AWD with 3.5 seconds of 0-60 time
besides, GT never had any other Korean brands than Hyundai and Protomotors.
Oh my GOSHHH I really wish PD would add KIA into the roster.

Heaps of EVs coming. BMW has the i4 M50 coming out next year.
bmw-i4-23.jpg
bmw-i4-18-0fct.jpg

Although we didn't get any new BMW models, other than the i3 and I guess the M6 GT3 cars, we got the M4 in GT6, when it was new.

Getting an EV M sedan, would be a PD obscure addition.

I recall hearing that either PD or Kaz himself wanted to add Formula E, for what it's worth. I think it'd be great, and some of the circuits that've been used in that series could work as spiritual successors to the various made-for-game city circuits from GT4, like NYC and Hong Kong. (Even if they're set in different locations in those cities. For example, the GT4 course set in NYC is based in Manhattan, whereas the Formula E course was in Brooklyn.)

Yay!!!! Do we switch counsels at the halfway point just like Formula E???

Has anyone pointed out how electric cars are "broken" in GT Sport? It even displays when it loses energy or when it recovers energy by recuperation. However the capacity stays the same all the time. You cannot run out of juice, no matter what. Quite funny when all the ICE cars have to refuel but you just sail on with your EV.

How would you handle something like this in GT7 anyways? Is the race just done for you after five laps? Or does the Model S / Porsche Taycan just sit in the box for atleast a dozen minutes?

Has anyone pointed out how electric cars are "broken" in GT Sport? It even displays when it loses energy or when it recovers energy by recuperation. However the capacity stays the same all the time. You cannot run out of juice, no matter what. Quite funny when all the ICE cars have to refuel but you just sail on with your EV.

How would you handle something like this in GT7 anyways? Is the race just done for you after five laps? Or does the Model S / Porsche Taycan just sit in the box for atleast a dozen minutes?
In GT League real circuit tour, there's no fuel burn. However, we can use the i3 in those events.
One way to handle it is by actual multi-class placings. If PD would program the classes accordingly, an overall win in an EV might not be doable, but winning its class is just as fine.

Guess they could simulate fast(crazy fast haha) charging during a pit stop.

Here's an ETCR race

They're heavy at 1800kg with more poer than a (V8)Supercar.... and they run on treaded tyres.

To me one of the central tasks or elements of gameplay in GT Sport or even something silly like any arcade racer like Drive Club or Hotshot Racing is changing gears... the manual or flappy paddle is what things are all about.

Of course in real life I drive an automatic and would have no problem with say a Model 3.

But if you ask me to drive and automatic in a game well then Id rather not play. Its just pointless like that.

So I can accept Formula E in Forza with that 5 spd flappy paddle but otherwise, if in future say GT8 we only have automatic one gear EVs then its time I found another hobby.

So far, four EVs in the Master Car List.

Returning Audi e-tron VGT, BMW i3, Porsche Taycan and new to the series, Jag VGT SV.

Updated with the Porsche Vision GT

Some weird ones.

The 8 wheel Eliica.

800px-Eliica2.jpg

And the 3 wheel Solo. Made by Intermeccanica and will be running a fun race before the Vancouver Formula E 2022.

SOLO-EFest_Isolated-01-Updated.png
I don’t mind that 8-wheeler. Reminds me o& a Citroen, in shape.

Could see this as a Taycan update.
CEF3F244-C9EF-4F2B-9D88-CFB523CC4901.jpeg

Back