Endurance Events

• Thread starter daan
  • 592 comments
Each specific thread is put together to help members achieve the goal of reaching the maximum A-spec points obtainable in GT4 by grouping the information is a more orderly fashion. Please feel free to contribute your findings too.

Rules
Obtain as many points as you can for each race and see if you can make it to 100.000 or max 111.813 or anything in between those two values. Race as cleanly as possible. We don’t frown on blocking, wallriding or corner cutting; that, unfortunately, is needed in some races. Devices other than your PS2/3, a wheel or controller, and a GT4 disc are not allowed.
These rules do not apply to hispeed's Stock Car Race Comparison/Challenge thread.

Stock or tuned?
If you would rather test your skills with stock cars then please visit hispeed’s [thread=62070]Stock car race comparison/challenge[/thread].
There’s some good information to be found there too.

Is there something special about A-spec points?
Yes and no, you don’t get a prize for 100.000 points nor do you get anything when you reach the maximum of 111.813 points. What you do get is a 👍 from other ‘200 point A spec nutters’ :sly: and the satisfaction of reaching 100.000 points or more. You also have the honour of adding your ‘home screen’ in the [thread=66549]100.000 Club[/thread]

Is it difficult to reach maximum?
To get to 100.000 is an achievement in itself, it’s the remaining 11.813 that are the real challenge. It’s just another way of having fun (and frustration) with GT4.

To get A-spec points you need to complete the whole race yourself. Handing over to Bob will not earn you any A-spec points. To achieve the maximum available A-spec points you’ll sometimes have to resort to dirty tactics, use a ‘gem’ car and or wear out the engine on certain cars.

Not all races will yield 200 points. If you are going to join the ranks of A-spec nutters please remember that Missions (34 x 250 points) and Family Cup (1x 200 points) should not be forgotten. Arcade points do not count towards the 111.813 goal.

Feel free to discuss (on occasion dirty) tactics, cars used and what settings were applied within the Series listed below.
A lot of races are fairly straightforward.
Some races can be quite a challenge and if you are new to this part of the game all I can say is ‘hang in there’, you will eventually succeed.

The notorious Ram for instance is a well known 200 point gatherer. There are other cars that are good to use in several series and as you read through these threads you’ll find them mentioned. If you can’t find them there check out [thread=87608]General Discussion[/thread].

Things to consider when trying to go for max points.
Choice of lineup, weight added, tyre choice (on front set of wheels), power add ons and wing settings all have an impact on points.
More details can be found in Famine’s thread on this subject [thread=56502] Notes on Maximising A-Spec Points [/thread].

Wearing out your ride
It pays to run several (long) races with worn out cars. As you race you lose horsepower. Better to start a race with a car that wont do that anymore. Take hp loss out of the equation.
[post=2458971]List of cars[/post] and how to [post=2458971]wear[/post] out the car.

Tranny trick
If needed apply the following:
  1. Set the gears back to default.
  2. Set final all the way to the right (5.500 or so).
  3. After that move auto all the way to the right (e.g. 25) and then back to 1.
  4. Then adjust final to what you want (e.g. 3.200).
Do not touch the Auto slider again.

What else?
  1. Various [thread=83319]worthwhile lists[/thread] by D-N
  2. References to race reports for inspiration: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139 (review the stickies)
  3. List of members with [post=2474747]100K points[/post].
* If you find any of the information useful, be sure to let the author know by giving them some +REP by clicking on the
check.gif

I would also suggest you start keeping records on your achievements NOW!. It will pay huge dividends later on as you get closer to your goal. You’ll want to know where you have not yet reached max points. Having to trawl through 500+ races to find out is no fun!
Fizio has an Excel spreadsheet that’s available for download. See [thread=87600]Beginners & Professional Events[/thread].

For even more information please also visit the Race Reports forum as there are quite a few reports to be read.
See G.T’s [thread=79188] Race Report Reference[/thread], Famine’s [thread=63173] Endurance Companion[/thread] and Smallhorses [thread=65980] A-spec Endurance Companion[/thread] to name but a few.

This post will also be used to capture useful information. Wiki editors are welcome to use the information.
Good luck!

AMG.

If you are contributing to this thread then mentioning the following details could very well help others.
Race Series, track name, Lineup used (list the cars 1-5) *
car used / tyres / power add ons / non power add ons + settings / aids / Weight etc. Tactics used to win the race.

* PAL =/= PAL. Line-ups in PAL games seem to differ. Whether this applies in all races is unknown. An example can be found [post=2669199]here[/post].

Endurance Events
1. Grand Valley 300 km 200
2. Laguna Seca 200 miles 200
3. Roadster 4h Endurance 200
4. Tokyo R246 300 km 200
5. Super Speedway 150 miles 200
6. Nürburgring 24h Endurance 200
7. Nürburgring 4h Endurance 200
8. Suzuka 1000 km 200
9. Motegi 8h Endurance 200
10. Tsukuba 9h Endurance 200
11. Circuit de la Sarthe 24h I 200
12. Circuit de la Sarthe 24h II 200
13. Fuji 1000 km (90's) 200
14. Infineon World Sports Car Race 200
15. El Capitan 200 miles 200
16. New York 200 mile race 200

Total A-spec points achievable in this series 3200.

Grand Valley 300 km
Suzuki GSX R4, R2, chip, Eng Balance, polish, wing, FC tranny, RC suspension, aids 000, TR clutch, RC flywheel, RC exhaust.
Toyota Altezza Touring Car
Honda S2000 LM, standard (R1s)
Toyota WedsSport Celica, standard (R1s)

Laguna Seca 200 miles
Camaro Iroc-Z
Suzuki GSX R4, R2, chip, Eng Balance, polish, NA2, wing 15/30, FC tranny, RC suspension, aids 000, TR clutch, RC flywheel, some ballast.
Opera Performance S2000 '04 (see post #206)

Roadster 4h Endurance
See posts 4, 48, 50, 54, 61 69, 193

Tokyo R246 300 km
BMW 320i touring, NA2
Suzuki GSX R4 against M3 GTR, Astra, Mazda RX7, Toms Supra, Falcon 2000

Super Speedway 150 miles
Mazda 787B used, R1, (ballast)
See posts 135, 137, 143, 149, 151

Nürburgring 24h Endurance
Amuse S2000, R1, FC Tranny Gear Ratio 10, R1, T1
Arta Garaiya, AR 155 2.5 V6 Ti
BMW 320i touring, R1, ballast
Opera performance S2000, new oil, NA1, RC exhaust, R1, 173 ballast, Autotranny 10 ,lineup Amemiya Asparadrink RX7, Calibra,ABT Audi TT-R, ASL

Nürburgring 4h Endurance
ASL Garaiya, N3
Clio 24V, no oil
S2000 Type V '01, no oil

Suzuka 1000 km

Motegi 8h Endurance
Nissan 240RS

Tsukuba 9h Endurance
Nissan 240RS

Circuit de la Sarthe 24h I
Stock R390 GT1, R1 (all group C/LMP opponents)

Circuit de la Sarthe 24h II
Mazda 787b used, no oil change, R2/R1, 132 ballast, tranny 14
R390 GT1 used, ballast 200, R1 (all group C/LMP opponents)

Fuji 1000 km (90's)
Chaparral 2J, R1, 200 ballast
Nissan R390 GT1, R1, used

Infineon World Sports Car race
Chaparral 2J stock
Nissan R390 GT1 used, R1

El Capitan 200 miles
Amuse S2000 R1, 295 hp, S2, NA1, RC exhaust, Chip; DT/Susp: All
BMW M3
Ford Mustang '05 ~360 hp, S1
Mazda6 Touring car '02, 310HP,S1
Mazda RX7, S2 RC exhaust
Suzuki GSX R4
TVR 350c stock, oil change

New York 200 mile race
Honda HSC, N1
Suzuki GSX R4

Note: None of the entrants have been verified. Information is added on face value.

Last edited:
Laguna Seca 200 miles
Suzuki GSX-R/4, R2, oil, racing exhaust, chip.

El Capitan 200 miles
Suzuki GSX-R/4, oil, racing exhaust, chip.

El Capitan 200 miles
Suzuki GSX-R/4, oil, racing exhaust, NA1, chip.

Grand Valley 300km
Tokyo R246 300km
Suzuki GSX-R/4, R2, chip, racing exhaust, turbo2, wing @15/30.

The car also had all nopoint upgrades (FC tranny and suspension, etc), no NOS.

Roadster 4 hour endurance.

I've seen a few people struggling with this one so here's what i used and how i did it.

Used Mazda MX5 J limited (NA,J) 91 N1/N3 tyres 167 ballast gear ratio 1 final gear set to 5, with all upgrades that don't affect A-spec points, and NOS set to max. Against the first line up.

On the first lap you should be able to get into first place using NOS, try and take out the 1800RS if you can, but don't touch any cars in front of it.

Pit on the first lap and swap to N3/N3 tyres.

Use your NOS to catch the leaders (this will take quite a few laps), if the 1800RS gets into the lead before you, restart, you will not be able to catch it.

Once you get in the lead it's just a case of blocking the 1800RS, save any NOS you have incase it manages to slip by and use it to get back in the lead.

No matter how bad your tyres get do not pit untill the 1800RS does, you will probably have to do 4 or 5 laps on red tyres, but if you pit before the 1800RS it gains to much time in the laps and after the pit stops is ahead of you.

That's about all the help i can offer, i hope this helps those of you that are struggling with the race.

ok, I got a couple more entries:

Suzuka 1000
Honda 2000 LM Race Car - R1, NA3, ballast

Sarthe I
Mazda 787b (used no oil) - R1, ballast, lowered downforce

Tsukuba 9hrs
Lotus Elise - NA1, Race Exhaust, Race Chip

Nurburgring 24hr
Amemiya Mazda RX7 - 125kg ballast

My entries for the endurance hall are:-

El Capitan 200 miles.
Used (23653 miles) Toyota Supra RZ '97 (oil changed), stock SM (S2) tyres / FR / 325HP beginning, (310 HP ending) / 1510kg / 4.646kg/HP NO MODIFICATIONS!

Tsukuba 9hrs.
Used (10240.4 miles) Honda S2000 '01 (no oil change) / FR / 220HP / 1240kg / 5.6kg/HP SH (S1) tyres fitted, but otherwise.....NO MODIFICATIONS!

Laguna Seca 200 miles.
Used (33611.3 miles) Honda NSX Type R '92 (oil changed) / MR / 283HP / 1230kg / 4.3kg/HP RSH (R1) tyres fitted, but otherwise.....NO MODIFICATIONS!

Suzuka 1000km.
Toyota Altezza Touring Car '01 / FR / 321HP (on garage screen, new oil) / 1000kg / 3.1kg/HP RH (R2) tyres fitted, but otherwise.....NO MODIFICATIONS!

Race reports and lineup details are in my A-spec Endurance companion, click the sky blue link in my signature. :D

Finished Le Sarth II - 24h for 200pts ...
Used Stock Mercedes CLK GTR with some ballast R1/R1 (on first pit changed to R2/R1)...

Lineup:
Toyota Minolta
Jaguar XJ9
Peugeot 905
Nissan 89
Nissan 92

Finished Le Sarth II - 24h for 200pts ...
Used Stock Mercedes CLK GTR with some ballast R1/R1 (on first pit changed to R2/R1)...

Only 800 to go! 👍
What was your Margin of Victory, 2 secs or 20 laps ?? and which one of those was the most difficult opponent?

AMG.

What was your Margin of Victory, 2 secs or 20 laps ?? and which one of those was the most difficult opponent?

AMG.

Minolta was the main opponent...
I won by few laps... with going to toilet without pausing the game, handing one tyre set to my rookie friend to drive ( he lost 5 laps lead )...
If I had the motivation to drive properly whole race it should be cca. 11 laps lead... lap time should be around 3:10.xxx ... My fastest lap was 3:06.xxx but with cuting straight after S/F straight and before S/F line... Newer the less it's still very fast time...

I took several attempts at the Roadster Endurance last night. I used ANKs' info. I think I just suck big time on this track, or with this car, or both even. I did manage to get pretty close once, I got to 3rd, still had about 3 units of nitrous left, I was gaining on the 2nd place 1800RS, and he was right up the lead miatas' butt. Well I got to about 5 seconds behind him, from almost 30 when I come outta the pits on lap 2, and well, the SOB'in 1800RS took the lead from the first place car, I did manage to take 2nd away, put within 2 more laps and my nitrous gone at this point there was no way I was catching that 1800 RS. Just need more practice I guess, and some luck wouldn't hurt either. Off to burn some more oil in this stupid Citroen 2CV, which seems to be takin forever. Later.

I took several attempts at the Roadster Endurance last night. I used ANKs' info. I think I just suck big time on this track, or with this car, or both even. I did manage to get pretty close once, I got to 3rd, still had about 3 units of nitrous left, I was gaining on the 2nd place 1800RS, and he was right up the lead miatas' butt. Well I got to about 5 seconds behind him, from almost 30 when I come outta the pits on lap 2, and well, the SOB'in 1800RS took the lead from the first place car, I did manage to take 2nd away, put within 2 more laps and my nitrous gone at this point there was no way I was catching that 1800 RS. Just need more practice I guess, and some luck wouldn't hurt either. Off to burn some more oil in this stupid Citroen 2CV, which seems to be takin forever. Later.

Yeh, at the Roadster Enduro I tended to need to waste too much nitro on account of not being able to block efficiently. It's really disheartening. I haven't tested using N3/N3 tires yet but on slicker tires those tough cars can push my car out of the way. Plus they can really hang that right hand sweeper toward the front straight far better than my vehicle can.

I think the main idea is to be able to keep the fastest cars behind slower cars. As ANK said, there's probably not much point in continuing if the fastest car gets into the lead. I've tried pushing the faster cars off course, but they get back on the asphalt so fast it's amazing. A lucky lineup might help, but this is one of the races that so far seems impossible to me to win even for 160 points. Four hours of unrelenting hard driving is too much for me.

... lap time should be around 3:10.xxx ...

:scared: :scared: , I've got my work cut out then, memory tells me my laptimes around Sarthe (with chicanes) is around 3.25 or so.

Why didn't I leave this game and the PS2 and DFP in the shop in the 1st place? ;)

AMG.

I think the used Mazda 787b should be easy win. I ran it at Sarthe I against the strongest line up (Nissan R92CP and Sauber) and won by 4 laps. Times around 3:20
Having Jaguar in the line up is good for A-Spec points.

:scared: :scared: , I've got my work cut out then, memory tells me my laptimes around Sarthe (with chicanes) is around 3.25 or so.

Don't wory about that...
My best lap on LeSarthe I (with chicanes) is 3'21,720 but any time under 3'30 is OK for that race...

My best lap on LeSarthe II (without chicanes) is 3'06,849 with some corner cutting... and again laps 3'08 - 3'15 are OK

Why didn't I leave this game and the PS2 and DFP in the shop in the 1st place? ;)

And to miss all this fun...???

Montegi 8h --> 200pts

Used brand new stock Lotus Elise 111R with oil change (202HP)... on N1 tyres and after first lap change to N3...

Line up:
  1. Nismo Fairlady Z S-Tune concept by GranTurismo (Z33) '02
  2. Opera Performance S2000 '04
  3. Mugen S2000 '00
  4. Spoon Civic Type R (EK) '00
  5. Opera Performance 350Z '04
  6. Lotus Elise 111R -> Me

Finished 213 laps with best lap time 2'11,733... Pitted every 24 laps...
Opera Performance S2000 '04 finished 2nd 1min48secs behind... I did cut across the sand last corner before S/F straight... Now looking back at the race maybe it could be done without cutting last corner but i didn't want to take any chance on 8h race...

Montegi 8h --> 200pts

Used brand new stock Lotus Elise 111R with oil change (202HP)... on N1 tyres and after first lap change to N3...

Line up:
  3. Mugen S2000 '00

Opera Performance S2000 '04 finished 2nd 1min48secs behind... I did cut across the sand last corner before S/F straight... Now looking back at the race maybe it could be done without cutting last corner but i didn't want to take any chance on 8h race...

Great going:cheers: . Such perseverance will reap major rewards in life. I'll bet you drove your butt off on that one.:bowdown:

My goodness, you cheated by cutting sand:rolleyes: .

I did that race so long ago it's hard to remember, but I think I won that race with about a 5 lap lead over the second place car. 💡 I used the Dodge RAM and destroyed everything in sight and I still decided to cut grass on occasion. I was sooooo bored that I started knocking cars into the fields:lol: :lol: . I know I should be ashamed, but I needed the sure win for 200 A-specs than and now I'm reflecting on my dastardly actions:guilty: . Are you kidding? You think I'm gonna spend eight hours just to lose by .002 seconds!

Shame I can't use that RAM at Mini New York and 4-hour Mazda Enduro.

Montegi 8h --> 200pts

Line up:
  3. Mugen S2000 '00

Nice one Fizio, just three more races left to go. It will be nice to see someone else get max points.

My goodness, you cheated by cutting sand:rolleyes: .

Fizio has just lost all my esteem I have for him. I've asked for a moderator to create a new thread.
It's called "Blacklisted members".
For those that don't race clean when going for 200 points. Too bad we cant ban them.

Hmmm, maybe we should also introduce a committee to allow members in the "111813" forum
;)

Seriously, good on you Fizio. Hope you get the Miata 4 hour race as well.👍

AMG.

I know this has been posted before but I Just wanted to double check.
El Capitan
Amuse S2000 R1 - R clutch and Fly wheel, maybe carbon shaft (cant remember right now) + 40 weight distribution, all tires go out at the same time. best lap 1'48"--- MOV 2 laps over the Motor Sport Elise

Ok...so I tried doing the 200 New York last night...I think I found the car but not sure yet I need a few more tests, has anyone tried the TVR Griffith 500 it seems like it can do the job???

I also tried the "Mitsu GTO SL" but it is too heavy to keep up on the straights, even with the MSElise and the Pagani out...so there goes that car...
the RX-7 between 300-330 hp could probably do it as well but it will need ballast...below the 300hp is too slow even nailing the corners... that would be too much work for 76 laps:crazy:
I'll post once complete...

I know this has been posted before but I Just wanted to double check.
El Capitan
Amuse S2000 R1 - R clutch and Fly wheel, maybe carbon shaft (cant remember right now) + 40 weight distribution, all tires go out at the same time. best lap 1'48"--- MOV 2 laps over the Motor Sport Elise

Ok...so I tried doing the 200 New York last night...I think I found the car but not sure yet I need a few more tests, has anyone tried the TVR Griffith 500 it seems like it can do the job???

I also tried the "Mitsu GTO SL" but it is too heavy to keep up on the straights, even with the MSElise and the Pagani out...so there goes that car...
the RX-7 between 300-330 hp could probably do it as well but it will need ballast...below the 300hp is too slow even nailing the corners... that would be too much work for 76 laps:crazy:
I'll post once complete...

I go for those cars that will net me the 200 pts for sure as I am not a very good driver. I used the GSX R on S2, it also had RC exhaust p-polish eng balancing for power upgrades and a wing. MoV 1 lap. Others (better drivers) call this overkill, fine by me, I just want the 200. Later on I may try something more challenging.

AMG.

I go for those cars that will net me the 200 pts for sure as I am not a very good driver. I used the GSX R on S2, it also had RC exhaust p-polish eng balancing for power upgrades and a wing. MoV 1 lap. Others (better drivers) call this overkill, fine by me, I just want the 200. Later on I may try something more challenging.

AMG.

I'll go along with that. I don't consider myself all that great a driver, so I'll take all the easy 200 pointers I can get. 99 races with the Dodge Ram for 19,800 points, what can I say. I'll list them if anybody really cares; mostly a pretty predictable list but a few difficult ones.

As for New York enduro, I did it with the GSX-R/4 too, S2's, racing exhaust, chip, NA1, about a lap and a half MOV. Also used the Suzuki for Grand Valley, Laguna Seca, Tokyo R246 and El Capitan enduros.

I'll go along with that. I don't consider myself all that great a driver, so I'll take all the easy 200 pointers I can get. 99 races with the Dodge Ram for 19,800 points, what can I say. I'll list them if anybody really cares; mostly a pretty predictable list but a few difficult ones.

As for New York enduro, I did it with the GSX-R/4 too, S2's, racing exhaust, chip, NA1, about a lap and a half MOV. Also used the Suzuki for Grand Valley, Laguna Seca, Tokyo R246 and El Capitan enduros.

I hear you guys, I was doing that but some times it gets tireing listening to the same car all the time, or I get so familiar with the car that it gets boring after a few races...Maybe is just me :dopey:
I used the GSX-R for two (full) races in Japanese Hall, I am done with it...

I bet you'll get back to GSX-R4 again...;)

I'll second that. :)

Just finished Motegi 8 hour endurance. Did a 5 hour stint on Sunday, only managed an hour yesterday and finished off today. 212 laps. Around the 7th hour nearly fell asleep, laptimes increased by 6-7 seconds.
Ran it in an elise 72 on S1s and a bit of weight. Mov 1.5 lap. Main competition was the Spoon 2000 R1 '04. I thought that thing would never pit.
On lap 40 I 'needed' to pit and I couldn't find the pit entrance, :scared: had to run another lap (on yellowish tyres) and retry.

200 points gained and a few credits as well. I may do a race report on it. Just a pity it doesnt capture the whole race.

AMG.

"I 'needed' to pit and I couldn't find the pit entrance"AMG.
On that note...When I ran El Capitan I blocked the MSElise I believe he was on Reds cus the next lap he was all over the place :cool::dopey::D
"Just a pity it doesnt capture the whole race"AMG.
:grumpy: I hear you

"Ran it in an elise 72" AMG.
nice I really like the Elise I may try that one 👍

""Ok...so I tried doing the 200 New York last night...I think I found the car but not sure yet I need a few more tests, has anyone tried the TVR Griffith 500 it seems like it can do the job???""

Never mind, back to the drawing board, changed the oil, no other modifications, the points went down to 149, got to first place by the end of lap 1
thats 10 points lower than a stock Honda HSC (the one listed for this race):indiff:

Not sure what the drawback will be in doing 76 laps on dirty oil?...
When you guys run the miles up on cars, like the Saleen 9k, does that mean no oil change or 9k with oil change...still confused:dopey:
Thanks.

Hey raz_10, you do realise there's a quote button, right?

You don't have to re-type what everyone else said. Just look at the bottom right of a particular post and there's a button which looks like a speech-bubble with "Quote" written in it. It'll open a reply window with the user's quote already selected and wrapped in quote tags. If you don't want to quote a whole post, select and delete the bits you don't need, and leave what you want behind.

Hope this helps and it'll save you a little time in the future. :cheers:

Hey raz_10, you do realise there's a quote button, right? Smallhorses

Copy and Paste works faster...I am not typing anything other than my...:sly: I would still have to hold the delete button...:dopey:
But thank you for the heads up...I seen it before:tup:

Got all day baby, all day... (Gatorate commercial)

Back