endurance racing...

• Thread starter spaceratk
  • 40 comments
i was wondering if i was the only one who enjoyed sitting on their couch in boxers and wheel or control in hand driving for 2 hours.

if i get bored of gt for awhile i just rerace endurance races for the fun of it.
If you feel the same way sound out if you don't then sound out too.

I like the idea behind enduros, but quite honestly, I usually come really close to falling asleep by the one hour point. And Famine doesn't count! :P

I enjoy them much more than regular races. In fact the longer races are much nicer.

AO

Yup, Enduros are my favorite part of the game. I'd much rather re-race an Enduro trying to reduce my total ET by a few seconds than try to gold one of the licenses.

We like them so much at GTBN that we even had a Series. Some people ran more than 1 race in a different car the same week. That's sick.

Enduros are the BEST Part of GT3!
:D Just wish there were more of 'em. For an even better challenge, try running w/less HP or a lesser car. Winning Seattle w/a Vitz or Miata is lots of Fun! JMO...UB57
:D

Originally posted by GT3mich
We like them so much at GTBN that we even had a Series. Some people ran more than 1 race in a different car the same week. That's sick.

Oh, I ran Rome 2hr back to back with the ZZII, then the Xsara RC, then the Escudo. All in one day :D

I tried the Rome Enduro with a stock Spoon Civic, I want to rerun that with possible the BMW or a Miata. :D I love the enduros!

I love the enduro's, it's just finding a couple of hours to sit down to race one can be hard.

Originally posted by Famine
Nope. I'm a freak too.

Originally posted by Famine
Oh, I ran Rome 2hr back to back with the ZZII, then the Xsara RC, then the Escudo. All in one day :D
See? Talk about incriminating yourself.....

I too like the Endro's erm.... well except Tokyo. That one is too long. If they make the Test Course an Endro, I'll make my son drive it or he's going to be grounded!:lol: :lol:

i like them but i think they are a bit easy. I was a lap ahead by lap 50. The funny thing is I let my brother play for a bit to get a little further and within 3 laps he lost my 1lap 30 second lead on the Viper at Laguna Seca.

When I race them I usually do it segments and race for an hour then go do something them come back to it.

All races are easy with the right cars. Pick a proper car - one you'll struggle to beat the AI with.

It's possible to finish on the lead lap (I've not managed 1st yet, but I've not been lapped) on Trial 2h with a Honda Integra Type-R...

Originally posted by DriftBoyAE86
i like them but i think they are a bit easy. I was a lap ahead by lap 50. The funny thing is I let my brother play for a bit to get a little further and within 3 laps he lost my 1lap 30 second lead on the Viper at Laguna Seca.

When I race them I usually do it segments and race for an hour then go do something them come back to it.
What were you running? You can make them easy or not, as you wish. using the F094/S is not the same as using, say, the Autobacs MR-S.

I've been knocking those races down quite often myself. In the past few days I've ran the 300Ks at Grand Valley, Trial Mountain 2 hrs, Mistral 78 laps, and Roadster enduro.
The Seattle 100 miles is next on my list.
I must say the Roadster and Trial Mountain ones were quite enjoyable, I must have a thing for stock cars in GT3. :)

Also for a more fitting touch when I'm running an enduro, I do it at the same time I assume the race is being run in the game. Like say run the SSR11 at night, or the Laguna Seca 200 in the late afternoon. 👍

My problem is they're usually not very competative. After about the second pit stop you realize how badly your going to win or lose and from then on it's not fun.

Originally posted by Sleek Stratos
I must say the Roadster and Trial Mountain ones were quite enjoyable[...]
Oh, the Roadster enduro was a ball! By far my favorite enduro ever. On the other hand, I almost fell asleep doing the Trial Mountain enduro... which is kind of weird, since I love Trial Mountain. Hm.

Love all of the long races, but after racing a few back-to-back (had a day off) with my DS2 controller, I think I'm getting Carpal Tunnel syndrome ;) Wish I had a wheel...

Cheers :)

The Tokyo enduro is the best, I love that one. So fun! I can do that track with my eyes closed.

I completed that one with my Vertigo.

Originally posted by Loki
Love all of the long races, but after racing a few back-to-back (had a day off) with my DS2 controller, I think I'm getting Carpal Tunnel syndrome...

Heh, same here. I ran 2 races (not back-to-back) but in the same day not too long ago, then later when I was doing the Altezza Championship I started getting these shooting pains on my right thumb, pretty much the better half of my right hand was in some pain actually. :ill:
I guess I shouldn't run the 'Passage To Colosseo' until in a few days. :indiff:

I enjoyed a few of them. Like Seattle and Apricot Hill. The rest was a real pain, and I only did them to get my 100. :yuck:

I love the enduros, too. Seattle is my favorite one. I always take breaks during them so I can rest my eyes, go to the bathroom, or have a snack. My eyes wouldn't feel very good if I didn't take breaks during them.

Back