Endurance troubles

I tried the 24h of La Sarthe II last night in my 1200hp Minolta Toyota. I had a good lead and was gaining about 2 seconds a lap on the Sauber when I decided to hit the sack. I wake up and I'm nearly getting lapped at 11:30h. I quit the race...

This race was also a failure in my CLKGTR, 1000hp and could do 250 in the straights.

Does anyone know what cars are best for endurances? I know I like to use my XJ220LM with sport tires for the races that require them... loopholes rock ;).

I would just like an idea for cars in the:
La Sarthe I+II
Ring 4+24h
Super Speedway 150

Thanks for your help :)

BTW, in case you're wondering I B-Spec all these so I can work outside in the sun :). I think that makes a difference for car selection.

I won 4hrs of Ring with ABT Audi TT-R, with fisrt NA upgrade and tires I believe (with B-spec). Am doing 24hrs as I type with same car with Turbo Stage 4 Upgrade and Tyres. But in the end a lot depends on the opposition ...

I also got 150 miles with 1200HP minolta in B-spec. I just don't have the time or will power to drive all the endurances in A-spec now. Perhaps will do them in the summer or some day ...

i just did 24 hours of the nurburgring today in my audi R8.

At first I was worried that I would have to pay attention in case something went wrong during the run... but when I saw who I was running against I was relieved.

After 24 hours, 4 minutes, 32.563 seconds, i finished my 231st lap around the ring. I didn't win by much.... only 41 laps. LOL.

Yeah, so basically any LMP car or even something like a CLK GTR will clean up in this race. Just use B-Spec on pace 4 with overtake, running Racing hard in front, racing super hard in back. You can run 4 laps then before you must stop for gas.

so far i have done every endurance in the toyota minolta its the shiz it puts a huge amount of laps on everyone on any track so yea i recomend that for sure

I try the Minolta for La Sarthe (both of them) but in both I ALWAYS miss the Mulsanne hairpin at the end. It's not working... I fear I have to actually buy a 4.5 mil car to win, which severely sets back my black LMP car plans... :(

I just finished up running the La Sarthe II with my Minolta and won by like 8 laps, and just like Drift2nv I've used my Minolta for every Edurance race. Although I think I'm going to retire it now since it does have 16000km on it.

Rockhound18

At first I was worried that I would have to pay attention in case something went wrong during the run... but when I saw who I was running against I was relieved.

After 24 hours, 4 minutes, 32.563 seconds, i finished my 231st lap around the ring. I didn't win by much.... only 41 laps. LOL.

Yeah, so basically any LMP car or even something like a CLK GTR will clean up in this race. Just use B-Spec on pace 4 with overtake, running Racing hard in front, racing super hard in back. You can run 4 laps then before you must stop for gas.

Can you save save during the 24 hour race?

LOL ... last night I did 24hrs de la sarthe I. After 14 hours I was approximately 3 minutes in lead. Went to sleep, woke up at hour 21:30 of the race and saw 2:50 minutes gap to the first place (I was second). So I took over, put in some mad laps, burned the tyres, but only got to just under a minute of gap to first place. Damnit. Started it again in the morning, currently at just under 16:00 hours, and in lead for 4 laps ... weird game :).

BTW: it's the minolta, 1200+HP ...

im like, wauhh!!

I decided to do the 300Miles Grand Valley thinghy.. but what really annoys me is the way it switches back to "real time" everytime it pits! WTF??? :dunce: i set it to x3 and switch over to friends, then after 10 minuttes i switch back only to find it in x1... regular time.. arghhh! :scared:

iceburns288
I try the Minolta for La Sarthe (both of them) but in both I ALWAYS miss the Mulsanne hairpin at the end. It's not working... I fear I have to actually buy a 4.5 mil car to win, which severely sets back my black LMP car plans... :(

this is long winded but could help you..

got the falken skyline for 550'000 (bargain) won the 24 hour nurburgring with a good fight, a few mods would have made it easy, get the F1 car u win for it and win the Formula GT, not that hard apart from super speedway, la sarthe and cote d azur, u get 100k per race and 3million on top, u have enough for lmp and black le mans!
thats what i did anyway and i want even trying to get black or lmp :dopey:

I was doing b-spec at curcuit de la sarthe 24h with my audi r8. on the hairpin s-turn my car ran
into a wall and it then just kept going back and forth. the toyota r92 has finally got back on the lead lap and i am in the lead after 16hours!i have my game paused. should i consider trying the race again or is there a way to override the b-spec without pitting?

[Im doing all the endurance races in b spec. So far nothing has come close to the Minolta for me. Make sure you got full upgrades on it and take RSH on the rear and RH on the front, that will give you loads of grip on the turns and the ability for your b spec driver to turn smoothly. Im going to try the championship in b spec right now with the minolta, ill let you know how she flys !!

QUOTE=iceburns288]I tried the 24h of La Sarthe II last night in my 1200hp Minolta Toyota. I had a good lead and was gaining about 2 seconds a lap on the Sauber when I decided to hit the sack. I wake up and I'm nearly getting lapped at 11:30h. I quit the race...

This race was also a failure in my CLKGTR, 1000hp and could do 250 in the straights.

Does anyone know what cars are best for endurances? I know I like to use my XJ220LM with sport tires for the races that require them... loopholes rock ;).

La Sarthe I+II
Ring 4+24h
Super Speedway 150

BTW, in case you're wondering I B-Spec all these so I can work outside in the sun :). I think that makes a difference for car selection.[/QUOTE]

Use the Minolta with racing hards on both front and back in the Super Speedway. Easy win under 1 hour.

I did 150 mile Speedway with a stock Minolta against an R8, XJR-9, Toyota 7, Pescarlo, V12 LMR.

I used the hard tires, and only pitted once every 20 laps. Kept at least a 1 lap lead over the R8.

So, is it imperative to use a LMP car in the endurance races? I've unlocked the Endurance hall, but I don't have any of the games super cars yet (Minolta, R8, the likes...), and there's seemingly no way I can compete in these races without them. Problem is, you win them by winning endurance races. :yuck:

I tried the Super Speedway 150 miles in my 900BHP Saleen S7 (which is probably my best car), and I was being lapped after a few laps. Any way I can get a competitive car without forking out millions or winning an endurance? :)

markj_87
Any way I can get a competitive car without forking out millions or winning an endurance? :)

For me to win an Endurance Race, and set the chain in motion of getting hig-performance race cars... I first got the Jaguar XJ-R9 Race Car, which can reach 1100 HP by completing 50% of the game.

Once you have this you can easily win Super Speedway or El Captian (to get the Mintolta Toyota), and other endurance races.

New York is pretty easy, a DTM would win handily (I, myself, used a Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car). The problem is, you just get a Super Bee for the prize.

markj_87
So, is it imperative to use a LMP car in the endurance races? I've unlocked the Endurance hall, but I don't have any of the games super cars yet (Minolta, R8, the likes...), and there's seemingly no way I can compete in these races without them. Problem is, you win them by winning endurance races. :yuck:

I tried the Super Speedway 150 miles in my 900BHP Saleen S7 (which is probably my best car), and I was being lapped after a few laps. Any way I can get a competitive car without forking out millions or winning an endurance? :)

I'd suggest buying the Chappral 2J (the one with what looks like jet engines). It's pricey, but add a stage 4 turbo and it will trounce _everything_, including the endurance races. I used it for US races, the enduros, extreme hall - it works out as a total bargain! :-)

04Nissan350Z
if you're in the lead after 16 hrs why would u want to stop it? KEEP GOING

oops sorry for the double post...

i would have done that if my car wasn't goin back and forth, as i said. my car was just getting further into the sand the more i let it go. it was trying to go through a wall for some reason so it would never get to the pit. :grumpy:

I used the Audi Le mans concept you win from one of the single model audi events. Use this to win the el captian endurance race. Job done, the Minolta is all yours. I won by 2 laps with only transmission upgrade. Minolta is good for a 5.40 lap of the ring in standard trim. lovely

I'm currently doing Nerdburgler 24hr. I'm starting to think I should have put some harder/sports tires on my Nissan 350Z Concept Race Car as it pits every two laps and I have to go into the race monitor to speed it up every 5 minutes or so. Me too lazy to wait 24 hours.

iceburns288
I tried the 24h of La Sarthe II last night in my 1200hp Minolta Toyota. I had a good lead and was gaining about 2 seconds a lap on the Sauber when I decided to hit the sack. I wake up and I'm nearly getting lapped at 11:30h. I quit the race...

La Sarthe I+II
Ring 4+24h
Super Speedway 150

BTW, in case you're wondering I B-Spec all these so I can work outside in the sun :). I think that makes a difference for car selection.

Get a Formula car and complete most of the endurance races. You can use the minolta (with sport tyres) to complete the 24hr nurburgring which rewards you with the formula car then cain the endrance hall. Secondly if your tyres are burning out too quickly adjust the camber of your wheels and toe out 2-front 1-rear. this eases tyre wear.

for the ring 24h I used the benze CLK touring car (not the CLK GTR) with NA3 and super hards. For 4h ring I used the audi nuvolaro (sp?) that you get for 25%.

Rockhound18

Yeah , but once you switch over to B-SPEC, the cpu disables 'overtake', plus it kicked me back to 'steady'.

i used the suzuki gsx r/4 (262 bhp) for the 'ring 4 hr

and the Mitsi FTO super touring car (615 bhp) for the 'ring 24hr (won by 7 laps over the BMW M3 GTR race car)

"b" specd both... might do the 4hr "a" spec one day (i need more practice on the ring hehe), but doubt i'll ever wanna do a 24hr LOL

Gord

Phil McCavity
i used the suzuki gsx r/4 (262 bhp) for the 'ring 4 hr

and the Mitsi FTO super touring car (615 bhp) for the 'ring 24hr (won by 7 laps over the BMW M3 GTR race car)

the GSX R/4 is the way to go to win your first few endurance races. I wouldnt have even thought of using it until Phil here reccomended it highly. Although a lotus elise might be a good contender as well since its also very light (still havent tried it myself, it wouldnt stand a chance on the endurance races im doing now)

Back