England V Brazil

• Thread starter W_conneely
  • 52 comments
With Englands next game coming up,probably against Brazil.
what do you think Englands chances are??

I hope we can win seeing as France is already out!

The thing in the English favour is that their attacking strength (i.e good quality crosses into strong forwards) plays directly into Brazil's weakness (i.e. in the air, as we saw last night in that unbelievably disallowed goal by Belgium), and England have actually been pretty solid defensively. I think they're a very good chance on Friday.

:lol:

England doesn't suck - but Brazil is a great team and I agree with Jazza on that they will win the Cup.

Yes, I'm American, but this is the only sporting event on right now. (well, there's baseball, but except for the Yankees all my teams suck)

Hey by the way, W_conneely, that light blue XJ220 in your avatar is beautiful - stunning car, stunning backdrop!

Why oh why can't the US v Germany match be the early one!!!

... Oh well, there's always the spanish channel again after I wake up. :(

I predict a 1-1 draw, goes into Golden Goal (twice) then Penalty Shootout (like the Spain Ireland game - catch that game? It was a ripper!)

Originally posted by Jazza
I predict a 1-1 draw, goes into Golden Goal (twice) then Penalty Shootout (like the Spain Ireland game - catch that game? It was a ripper!)
Wasn't that the worst set of penalty kicks ever - shots that missed by miles, pathetic dribblers, it was real amateur hour stuff...

Originally posted by vat_man

Wasn't that the worst set of penalty kicks ever - shots that missed by miles, pathetic dribblers, it was real amateur hour stuff...

I agree what a crap shootout :D

Originally posted by Klostrophobic
Brazil, 4-1.

Ronaldo will score twice. Beckham will score three times, twice in his own goal.

What the :confused: There's no way Beckham would score 2 own goals :lol:

I predict :rolleyes: 2-2 at full time and fancy England to score a golden goal , if not penalty shootout with England winning which would be a first :rolleyes:

Go England !! :soccer:

That's to be sorrowful !

England is out. :eek:

But this is a good position for Germany.
If we kick out Brazil, the English people are happy.

But first, we must to vanquish the USA.

Back