Ephemeral Phyre: A Lord Nicon Gallery - Midnight Sessions: E-Type UPDATE 7/31/10!

• Thread starter Lord Nicon
  • 94 comments
What it be like? Heh, Names Nicon and im pretty new so take it easy on me ; P. Feel free to post comments and all of that Jazz. I have a lot of photo's to dump so i dont know exactly how im going to do this but we'll see what happens.

Ephemeral: e·phem·er·al. adj.
- Lasting for a markedly brief time

- enduring a very short time; "the ephemeral joys of childhood"

Seems like everything that is hot one day ends up being a thing of the past the next and rarely anything more. Not that i set out to create forgettable works, but perhaps for a short time some of them will be fire.

~ Nicon

EphemeralPhyrebanner3.jpg

Last edited:
Ill start off from the beginning just to show you where i started in comparison to where i am now. Ill treat this sorta like a Photo Diary. Anyway, im not so great a quality control and i have this desire to just throw everything in here but hopefully i can shorten the junk i throw on here.

Early pics:

Attachments

• 06 75%.JPG
    06 75%.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 05 75%.JPG
    05 75%.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 08 75%.JPG
    08 75%.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 01 50%.JPG
    01 50%.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 02 75%.JPG
    02 75%.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 42
awesome start. people are goin to tell you to brighten them, but i like them. i really like the drifting and still s2000 pics. good drift angle for sure:tup:

on second thought, the one pic that could use some brightening is the drifting falken rx-7 :)

Thanks lm. I know those a a little shoddy. They were some of the first pictures ive ever taken so what can i say. The S2000 pics were taken a little while after.

Im just trying to sorta catch people up on where i am and i dont know how to upload multiple imageshack images so i just loaded them off my computer in an attachment (I could use some help on this one).

Here are some more old ones:

nice start man...i myself had really dark pics on my first shots..but its ok..

anyway,the first set looks really good...i really like the trueno and the FC pics..
on the second set,the S2000 really looks great w/ those shots.. hope you cook up more good pics there man.. keep it up.. 👍

everyone gets dark shots for the first time because on the tv they look bright enough.
anyway nice job with the pics. the s2000 looks nice.

Thanks a lot fellurs. Warm bunch. Feels like home ; P.

Anyway, here are some more semi dated pics (ill let you know when i get to the newer sets):

This was a set a did a while ago trying to see how close i could get to the corner of the 7th? turn at trail mountain. I have some really close up shots showing how close i was getting but they are a little blah.

More to come soon.

Heh :sly: Thank you sir. It was/is my passion. Photomode was just a way to share it (drifting). Coming here has re-ignited my love of photomode so ive started taking pictures even while im not drifting.

Now im all caught up. I have a slew of pictures i took in one day but ill try not to post them all at once.

These were taken 2 days ago:

Did the Hard version of Aria with that 86 and slaughtered that WRC STI = so much fun.
I have sharper versions of 2 and 6. I was kinda torn but i stuck with these.
(and if you cant tell, i have a thing for sepia and B&W)

Not bad man. The pics are alright for just starting off. They could use more editing though. Come check out my gallery when you get the time and have a look around to get some ideas.

wow...that old supra looks badass while drifting.. :D
and the silvia set is looking really active in those pics... and the panda pics are nice.. 👍

Deffinately good stuff 👍. I love the Aerial photos of the WRX. Keep up the good work. Feel free to srop by my gallery and leave a comment :cheers:

Seems this is a time where people take breaks. Felt like wall street earlier. Heh. Calm is good.

Anyway, Im updating (again). I havent begun to upload the pictures yet so i dont know what set it is (i do them in order of creation). There are some pretty neat shots on the way though. Well, enough blabbering.

I know some of them are a little dark. Bear with me, I live in a cave. Really though, all of these and the next two sets were taken before i posted the gallery and i dont use photoshop on the pictures right now. Id still love some feedback. Its always a pleasure.

Til next time

im really diggin the caterham drift shot with the foliage in the background. i bet you could post some cool muscle car drift shots. ;)

i can feel your pain man... :d lol... :D .. kidding..

anyway,those super7 shots are cool...especially the 3rd pic (for me).. :D

the europa really needs brightening man... picasa man.. :D

google is your friend.. :D

- lmracer Is that a request :sly:? Perhaps ill see what i can cook up after i get done with the next two sets. Things will start to slow down a bit after then but maybe i can get something together.

- Thanks appie on the thumbs up. I too like the 205 shots. The first one being my favorite. Its my old Charmonix license replay. Im such a pack rat so i have no room on my cards for new replays. I really need to let go. lol.

- Yeah R32, its hard business, heh. Did you mean the 3rd shot being the close up or the vertical PD shot? And the second Europa shot is damn dark. Sorry about that. Any benefits picasa has over ps?

Well guys, we are coming up on my second to last pre finished sets. I really had fun with the upcoming set. Hopefully you'll like them. I have to bounce right now but ill make sure to post them later today hopefully.

~ Nicon

Very nice work!!! 👍 I love the 205 & the Caterham, but the rest of your pics aren't to shabby either. It's always nice to see a car go sideways!!! :lol: By the way, was your nickname inspired by the movie "Hackers" by any chance?

Feel free to drop by at my gallery. I've also got some nice drifting shots! :D

Well I think its that time again. This was one of my first replays. A lot of the shots are in consecutive order just because it kinda tells a story.

I wanted to format the pictures in a comic book style and have the links remain in place but i wouldnt know how to keep the links. I guess i got too anxious, so i didnt make the comic but hopefully you'll still enjoy a few.

img00564kh.jpg

img00717ku.jpg

Back