Eurobeat j-pop techno anyone?Music 

• Thread starter road kill
  • 52 comments
Eurobeat, J-Pop??? If that's like Initial-D music then I guess I'm in as I've been having the 4th Stage soundtrack on repeat. The only techno I listen to is on the Music Choice channels on my cable, which are Dance and Electronia. Makes me want to check out a lot of the artists out.

include:
ILS, Way Out West, 4 Strings, Z-trip, Ananda Project, Anna Vissi, Utada, Orbital, Fischerspooner, Diplo, Shapeshifters(aka Shape:UK) and more.

nightkids4ever
Green Court, Ayumi Hamasaki, etc...

im a huge ayu fan 2!:) and to answer the above question eurobeat is basically music made by europeans lol and the song is usally really fast if u hear an initial d song you know what im talking about.

o and kool you got the 4th stage cd! 👍 my fav 4th stage song is raisin hell-by fastway

o ya and if u have a fav eurobeat or techno song plsease post it here id love to find some new music!

edit: j-pop is basically japanese pop music like ayumi hamasaki most anime songs are j-pop

road kill
im a huge ayu fan 2!:) and to answer the above question eurobeat is basically music made by europeans lol and the song is usally really fast if u hear an initial d song you know what im talking about.

o and kool you got the 4th stage cd! 👍 my fav 4th stage song is raisin hell-by fastway

o ya and if u have a fav eurobeat or techno song plsease post it here id love to find some new music!

edit: j-pop is basically japanese pop music like ayumi hamasaki most anime songs are j-pop
^^"

Basicly they hate Euro Beat or the idea of it being in Gt4, IMO. Or it can be some other reason....

Edit:Thank you Integra Type R for that comment...

road kill
Whats wrong with eurobeat? or j-pop? is there a reason you dont like it?
it's for middle aged white men who wear small clothes who want to feel young...

Anything that i have to buy accessories to listen to....IE glow sticks...and/or eX..

is cheezy

road kill
cheesy how? because they talk about love and stuff like that?
No, a lot of rock and rnb songs are about love but they don't come off as cheesy (with the exception of 80's hair metal ballads). The band HIM went so far as calling one of their albums Love Metal....but they did it right

J-pop typically comes off sounding VERY overdone with what sounds like a fake smile and a fabricated happy go lucky, nothing is wrong with the world type of feeling. The beats are generic at best, and the singer's voices typically never fit the sound or flow of the music. Personally, I feel the same way about House. Sometimes the music fits the scene it's being played with, but the vocals just throw it out completely

The only exception to this I can think of is the OST for Cowboy Bebop and for Samurai Champloo, but that's because it follows none of the typical j-pop ideas and is a unique series of compositions made specifically for the series.

As for euro-beats, those are just plain generic. When someone says Eurobeat, I think
udtz...udtz...udtz...udtz...udtz...udtz...udtz...udtz...udtz...udtz...udtz...udtz... ad infinum with a few high pitched vocals that really don't fit the music tossed in every once in a while

emad
No, a lot of rock and rnb songs are about love but they don't come off as cheesy (with the exception of 80's hair metal ballads). The band HIM went so far as calling one of their albums Love Metal....but they did it right

J-pop typically comes off sounding VERY overdone with what sounds like a fake smile and a fabricated happy go lucky, nothing is wrong with the world type of feeling. The beats are generic at best, and the singer's voices typically never fit the sound or flow of the music. Personally, I feel the same way about House. Sometimes the music fits the scene it's being played with, but the vocals just throw it out completely

The only exception to this I can think of is the OST for Cowboy Bebop and for Samurai Champloo, but that's because it follows none of the typical j-pop ideas and is a unique series of compositions made specifically for the series.

As for euro-beats, those are just plain generic. When someone says Eurobeat, I think
udtz...udtz...udtz...udtz...udtz...udtz...udtz...udtz...udtz...udtz...udtz...udtz... ad infinum with a few high pitched vocals that really don't fit the music tossed in every once in a while

yea i agree i really liked samurai champloo's music very original the sounds the lyrics blew me away 👍 and i dont think thats eurobeat your talking about thats more of trance or techno

THREAD REVIVAL!!

i like eurobeat songs, only a few.., these are my favorite so far, all of the other eurobeat songs are just :yuck::yuck:

Pamela - Matt Land
Express Love - Mega NRG Man
All Around - Lia
Crazy For Your Love - Morris
Forever Young - Symbol

Wait, what? The music from both those series isn't even close to anything j-pop regardless of their compositions (excluding the Samurai Champloo title/credits song). They're different because they're completely different genres from j-pop.

Yeah, Cowboy Bebop is all jazz and Samurai Champloo is hip hop. Jun Seba, a.k.a. Nujabes did most of the SC work (including that Minmi song), and he's one of my favorite producers.

That Gekiganger song is just some japanese dub. Night of Fire sounds good in Japanese, but otherwise pretty much all Eurobeat is better as it left Italy.

Anyway, I've been digging Delta Records recently. They've put out a lot of singles that are far beyond what's coming out of the other labels.

So I'm up to Eurobeat 209 now. Gotta say, all the albums of the last year or two totally suck. Italy ran out of a musical ideas. The vocals are so bad.

I stopped keeping up with Eurobeat ( well from what Initial D had to offer). Though I do have my favorites.

Back