Click here to convert 3:00 GMT/UTC to your local time

Target Scores:
Bronze: 4,800
Silver: 6,400
Gold: 7,100

Prizes:
Bronze: Cr.22,000
Silver: Cr.45,000
Gold: Cr.70,000 + GT PASTELTONE 009-W paint chip.

TC, ASM & SRF are forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Entry Requirements:
Tires - SH or less.
Categories - Normal Car.
Countries - Austria, Germany, Spain, France, UK, Italy, Netherlands.

Course Conditions:
Time: 15:00
Precipitation: 0%
Track: Red Bull Ring

RedBullRing_DR_Track.jpg

TUNES:

BMW M3 GTR '03 - @shaunm80 - Exeter GT Tuning

BMW M3 Coupe '07 - @DolHaus - Drift Haus Tuning Garage

Citroën GT by Citroën Road Car - @PrivatePoop

Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 '11 - @shaunm80 - Exeter GT Tuning

Lotus Carlton '90 - @DolHaus - Drift Haus Tuning Garage

Seasonal tunes directory here maintained by @XS.

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

OP tunes list may not be updated daily between 7:00, and 19:00 GMT/UTC.
Reason: Sleep and other life-related tasks in my -7:00 GMT/UTC time zone. :)
----------------------------------------------
The Drift Bible - Keiichi Tsuchiya

Last edited:
Well, this s:censored:s. Here I was, thinking that a Volvo built in the 80's would be considered being a european car:grumpy: Not that it would have any chance of taking me to the top 100's, thanks to PD's inability to use the right weight for it. Not to mention the fact that it can't even get over 400bhp:grumpy: when these engines are well capable of 500-1000 bhp (sure, 1000bhp is purely for the dragstrip but...)
Oh well, the Carlton got gold, will try harder tonight when my son is asleep

Well, this s:censored:s. Here I was, thinking that a Volvo built in the 80's would be considered being a european car:grumpy: Not that it would have any chance of taking me to the top 100's, thanks to PD's inability to use the right weight for it. Not to mention the fact that it can't even get over 400bhp:grumpy: when these engines are well capable of 500-1000 bhp (sure, 1000bhp is purely for the dragstrip but...)
Oh well, the Carlton got gold, will try harder tonight when my son is asleep

What, you can't use the 240?

Sadly no :( Sweden isn't listed as one of the countries that the car have to originate from. So I've been lied to for my entire life. I guess I'm not European after all ;)

Hmmm :odd:. One would like to think it's an oversight! What about the other DT, surely they can't deny it was made before 1989? :lol:

Hmmm :odd:. One would like to think it's an oversight! What about the other DT, surely they can't deny it was made before 1989? :lol:
Nope. That is doable. But then again, it weighs more ingame than it does in reality and it really lacks in power

Nope. That is doable. But then again, it weighs more ingame than it does in reality and it really lacks in power
to be fair, everything above 300bhp in a 240 requires some heavy engine modifications, pistons, crankshaft, connecting rods, bearings, valve seals, camshafts, valve springs, you name it. its not built for 800bhp.
Still, BS that you cant use it.

et_
to be fair, everything above 300bhp in a 240 requires some heavy engine modifications, pistons, crankshaft, connecting rods, bearings, valve seals, camshafts, valve springs, you name it. its not built for 800bhp.
Still, BS that you cant use it.

Yes, of course. The engingblocks I the engines that produces 1000bhp is filled with concrete and the rest is heavily modified. But it CAN be done. You can't just put a supercharger on a C6 Vette and get 1000bhp without other work either.

But the one thing that disturbes me the most with the 240 is the weight. Those 1800 kgs are what they weigh with maximum cargo.

I still don't think it would be top 100 material, but it would definetly be better. An compared to the one in GT5 it's awesome. Perhaps in GT8 it will be correct ;)

Hello guys.Just wanted to say,try the Mercedes SL55 AMG too.Very powerful car with low end torque,and nice handling.It gave me 16440 points and nice ranking.Try it!!!

For anyone that is struggling to get this drift event, I have added a few more drift cars to my garage.
The cars tuned are in the Drift Section of the link below.

Link here

A few pics of the cars tuned.

111RDriftImg1.jpg

DB9 DriftImg1.jpg

F430ScudDriftImg1.jpg

F599DriftImg1.jpg

MP4DriftImg1.jpg

carltonRed Bull Ring_3.jpg

Drift Spec
Vauxhall Lotus Carlton '90
Wheel / Joypad: PS3 controller
Power: 493 BHP @ 5400 rpm / 68.9 kgfm @ 4700 rpm
Weight: 1425 kg
Performance Points: 521pp
Tires: CH

Suspension: (Height-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)
Ride Height: Front: 90 Rear: 90
Spring Rate: Front: 9.35 kg Rear: 10.30 kg
Dampers (Compression): Front: 4 Rear: 6
Dampers (Extension): Front: 5 Rear: 5
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 5 Rear: 6
Camber Angle (-): Front: 3.1° Rear: 0.4°
Toe Angle: Front: 0.05° Rear: 0.16°
Brakes: F: 4 R: 7

Drivetrain: 6 Speed

Differential Gear: Fully Customisable Differential
Initial Torque: F - R -60
Acceleration Sensitivity: F - R -60
Braking Sensitivity: F - R -60
Clutch & Flywheel: Twin Plate
Propeller Shaft: Carbon

Power
Oil Change: No
Power Limiter: 100%
Engine Tuning: Standard
Computer: Standard
Exhaust: Semi-Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Isometric
Catalytic Converter: Standard
Intake Tuning: Standard
Turbo Kit: Stage: High RPM
Nitrous Oxide (N2O): No
Body
Body Rigidity Improvement: No
Downforce: F: 0 R: 0
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Bonnet: Carbon
Windows: Weight Reduction
Ballast: 100 kg
Ballast position: 50

Last edited:
The latest patch has made drifting with a driving wheel much, much better. I had great fun doing this with a showroom stock M3 E92 (apart from a set of CH tires). I had problems with the scoring system though - I would take the exact same line and angle and the game would award me over 2000 points in one run then 400 in another - many times I was sliding and I was getting NO points at all!

Something has gone wrong with the new update, I'm getting scores nearly worth gold medals and they're registering as bronze...

Edit: ignore that I was mistaken its all good

Last edited:
Got 16,392 pts. using a Aston Martin V8 Vantage, but I really don't like the way you have to use the grass to get a good score.:grumpy:

et_
Got 16,392 pts. using a Aston Martin V8 Vantage, but I really don't like the way you have to use the grass to get a good score.:grumpy:
using the grass is just wrong it looks wrong it feels wrong, lets hope PD makes us drift on tracks with walls

using the grass is just wrong it looks wrong it feels wrong, lets hope PD makes us drift on tracks with walls
Or fix the point scoring system. I think it was quite OK in GT5, except it allowed points in both directions, so the best way was waving back and forth with a small FF car.:indiff:

Back