Ev Audi Quattro Coming From German Company As A Tribute

• Thread starter Novalee
  • 4 comments

Novalee

(Banned)
Canada
Earth

"According to E-Legend, the EL1 weighs 3704 pounds, on the lighter side of things when it comes to EVs—for instance, the Audi e-tron weighs nearly 6000 pounds. The EL1’s looks are unashamedly inspired by the Quattro, with a squared-off front end, chunky wheel arches, a compact wheelbase, and a nearly identical roofline. The car will be constructed around a lightweight carbon-fiber monocoque and a 90.0-kWh battery, which the company claims will provide 249 miles of range according to the European WLTP methodology."

I can't say I hate that look. How long until we see a render in the retro Group B livery, you think? 😜

First thought I had when the article mentioned an unspecified electric drivetrain and 90kwh battery was - is that just a Tesla Model S under the bodywork? Surely we must be approaching a new coach-built era with these skateboard platforms. I'm not sure why any of these EV startups haven't leaned into that approach. We build the platform, you put your body on it. I guess crash testing will be the big sticking point, but surely without the additional cost of the actual platform and powertrain development, coach builders could manage it?

First thought I had when the article mentioned an unspecified electric drivetrain and 90kwh battery was - is that just a Tesla Model S under the bodywork? Surely we must be approaching a new coach-built era with these skateboard platforms. I'm not sure why any of these EV startups haven't leaned into that approach. We build the platform, you put your body on it. I guess crash testing will be the big sticking point, but surely without the additional cost of the actual platform and powertrain development, coach builders could manage it?
I think that is the plan long term ,for now it seems people just want to get a product out the door .

The best sub platform stands to make that company alot of money if they can get contracts to make sub frames for multi companies with bodies .

Back