Evanta Barchetta 2014

• Thread starter StarLight
  • 9 comments
Portugal
Portugal
vd1xj4.jpg

StarLight Garage presents the brand new Evanta Barchetta 2014, this car this Friday 12th September unveiled at the Goodwood Revival.
If you take a closer look, you will see here the inspiration of the Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato from 1950.
As far as I concern, the car looks fabulous!

687atj.jpg

The retro-styled 2-seater open top speedster, which has been "inspired by the design language of 1950s motorsport", is described as having "sleek, sweeping curves" and "Anglo-Italian parentage".
Each vehicle is designed and built in Britain, and hand-crafted using traditional coach building methods.

The Barchetta is a retro British car but full of modern technology. Styled to look like a race car out of the ‘50s, the Barchetta rides on a tubular chassis, has Kevlar bodywork (aluminum is available for an extra cost), and is powered by a 6.2-liter GM LS3 V-8 that puts down 450 horsepower on the road.
The combination of a powerful engine and low weight gives the Barchetta "exceptional agility"

It would be available as left and right-hand versions and customers are able to specify either a manual or an automatic transmission.

Production will be limited to 24 cars per year, with a total production run of only 99 vehicles.

Evanta boss Ant Anstead said: "I’ve created a brand over the last few years based on classic cars and classic design.

“We wanted to create a modern, retro car that still has the styling elements and inspiration from the 50s and 60s – but also one that was totally reliable.

"Today’s customer doesn’t want to open the bonnet or get underneath the car. They still want the thrill of driving it, though, to be part of the exclusive club that drives these cars.

By Evanta Motor Company

15h0sus.jpg

riwytj.jpg

2pttmh5.jpg

14c9v6r.jpg

OTHER AWESOME CARS ARE HERE

Last edited:
I just came on to start a thread for this as it happens. It is a great looking car and the contemporary engineering should ensure it performs as well as it looks.

If PD were to include the Evanta Barchetta they should go for the lighter aluminium version.

I believe "Barchetta" was something of a generic term for usually small, lightweight mostly Italian race cars of the 50's era. I think it literally means "little barque" or "small boat" because the tub looks a bit like a boat. Anyway, you got my vote. Nice find and glad to see new sports cars are getting posted here.

6.2-litre GM LS3 V8 engine.
Thanks, yes it's the 6.2-litre GM LS3 V8 engine!
:bowdown:

Reminds me a bit of the Jaguar E-Type convertible. At least the front end...

Yes, it has something similar to this car. That's good!
👍

I believe "Barchetta" was something of a generic term for usually small, lightweight mostly Italian race cars of the 50's era. I think it literally means "little barque" or "small boat" because the tub looks a bit like a boat. Anyway, you got my vote. Nice find and glad to see new sports cars are getting posted here.

You are completely right.
👍

Back