Ever played Kaido Battle 2? How does it comapre with GT4?

• Thread starter latestgood
  • 24 comments
Hi guys,

I just want feedback from people who played Kaido Battle 2. First of all, there is not a single game that compares with GT4 when it comes to realistic physics. But I played Kaido Battle 2 for somewhat and want to know how realistic that game is. Do you think it's arcady or realistic? How would you compare with GT4 drifting physics? I thought Kaido Battle 2 was good because it has mountain passes (Snow, Rain, Day, Night). I heard that Kaido Battle was made by two drifters. What I want to say is, how does Kaido Battle 2 compare with GT4 drifting physics?

PS.
I know that that this is GT4 forum, but it wouldn't be bad to compare with other drifting games, Right?

latestgood
Hi guys,

I just want feedback from people who played Kaido Battle 2. First of all, there is not a single game that compares with GT4 when it comes to realistic physics. But I played Kaido Battle 2 for somewhat and want to know how realistic that game is. Do you think it's arcady or realistic? How would you compare with GT4 drifting physics? I thought Kaido Battle 2 was good because it has mountain passes (Snow, Rain, Day, Night). I heard that Kaido Battle was made by two drifters. What I want to say is, how does Kaido Battle 2 compare with GT4 drifting physics?

PS.
I know that that this is GT4 forum, but it wouldn't be bad to compare with other drifting games, Right?

Couldn't you just post this in the PS2 forum?

its a fun game. kinda in between arcade and sim. drifting for points is pretty cool, and so is on a mountain. 3 comes out next month...

Genki's games feels more or less arcady. In KB2's case, the game's physics is quite good for mountain racing. By that I mean, mountain roads are composed by a mix of uphill and/or downhill roads, not to mention all the hairpins you have to confront. So the physics should be carefully done and Genki have done very well on it. You don't need to use that much drift techniques to start drifting in KB2. Where as GT4 won't let you initiate a drift if you don't apply the drift techniques for most people.

KB2 wasn't made by two drifters but they helped the producer to correct the drift motions in the game.

I can't really say that GT4 has an incomparable realistic driving physics. The game understeers a bit too much. Enthusia is known for its life-like driving physics killer and compared to GT4, Enthusia oversteers a lot more. I haven't tried Forza yet, so I can't say how it feels.

I hope this helps to answer your question

latestgood
Hi guys,

PS.
Is this game available for pal systems?

how are the menus set up...aka how much of the game is actually in japanese. can you still understand the story lines and such or is it too much japanese. i know that in tokyo extreme racer for exaple...the highspeed racing game, all of the story line was written out, no voices just some really wierd ass translations. i am thinking about buying a Japanese ps2 and stuff so im just wondering if tis worth it.

The only parts of KB2 that are in Japanese are the story related areas, emails and such. Everything else is in English. This is a really great game, will easily keep you occupied for a month or two.

Kaido Battle 1 & 2 are very fun games. I tried Kaido Battle 2, the tires are fading really fast, it understeers a lot. The physics of Kaido Battle, it's a little bit arcady but it's easy to control. I would say Gran Turismo 4 is more realistic than Kaido Battle. I would think Kaido Battle isn't about drifting too, but it's also about the fun driving in the Touge.

Hehe i was just playing this and. Yeah cant really say that it can be compared to GT3/GT4 but it can be rather fun just messing about with. But, messing about is he only thing i would use it for. Not really "that" great to be honest but the third one is just around the corner if i remember correctly so... Yeah could be worth waiting for that one.

latestgood
Kaido Battle 2 is made for PAL system only.
and nope, Asia NTSC only for KB2. Would sure as heck not mind getting a PAL/NTSC release but.. My hopes for that happening are somewhat low. :/

I have Tokyo Xtreme Racer: DRIFT, and as far as I understand, it is the same as Kaido Battle and is the game that was originally going to be released in the US as Drift Racer Xtreme. I have heard of Kaido Battle 2 and seen alot about it, but cannot find it anywhere, and no stores know about it. As far as I can tell and have drawn from this, it still is a Japan-only release. What about the third one, Touge Densetsu or whatever? Any plans for a US release on that one or not? And if KB2 and KB3 are Japan only, how did y'all get copies and where? And I'd also like to know about compatibility, is there any way to play it w/o chipping ur NTSC/UC PS2 or buying a Japanese ps2? Or are these games released/planned in US under a diff. name like KB1 was? Thanks alot, guys!!👍

kaido battle 2 is hella fun. the courses are awesome and the ebrake actually works. i don't care for the other ones, but 2 rocks and honestly, i enjoy it more than gt4

Cruiserdude
I have Tokyo Xtreme Racer: DRIFT, and as far as I understand, it is the same as Kaido Battle and is the game that was originally going to be released in the US as Drift Racer Xtreme. I have heard of Kaido Battle 2 and seen alot about it, but cannot find it anywhere, and no stores know about it. As far as I can tell and have drawn from this, it still is a Japan-only release. What about the third one, Touge Densetsu or whatever? Any plans for a US release on that one or not? And if KB2 and KB3 are Japan only, how did y'all get copies and where? And I'd also like to know about compatibility, is there any way to play it w/o chipping ur NTSC/UC PS2 or buying a Japanese ps2? Or are these games released/planned in US under a diff. name like KB1 was? Thanks alot, guys!!👍

Crave is supposedly planning on localizing both Kaido Battle 2 and Kaido Battle 3 for american releases. If you can't wait and want to import KB2 and KB3 (I've actually heard that KB3 is just KB2 with more stuff, so it might be a good idea to only get 3), yes, you will need a Japanese PS2, or a modchip, or a Swapdisk with a swapcard or flip-top.

On an off-topic note...

latestgood
First of all, there is not a single game that compares with GT4 when it comes to realistic physics.

...somewhere, a member of Sony's marketing staff earned his horns and pitchfork.

The prevailing and irrevocably infallible notion that "GT4 is the be-all end-all most-realistic driving sim on the face of this planet and no one can come even close" gets on my nerves more than the fact that GT4 was such a disappointingly unrealistic and mediocre driving sim to begin with.

...Sorry for the mini-rant, it's just that this guy stated it so...definitively.

Back