Exotic Shootout Challenge

Since street bikes were designed for, street, my next series of challenges will target different categories of bikes on the street tracks, I'll post track challenges after the 3 street challeneges I have planned. Here's the first:

Machines built with style, show them, it's got plenty of speed too...

Track: Cote D' Azur
Bikes: Any Stock Exotic Bike
Tunning: Allowed/Racing Exhaust Allowed
Current Time: 1'45:395
Current Bike: Ducati 999R

I picked this track because it's quite technical, you have to link together various corners and there are a lot of good racing lines, though only a few will get you great times. Be extremely thoughtful of taking corners in this track, one bad entry can link 4 corners together for massive time loss...

Also, Ducati feels like the best of the Italian bikes, so I wouldn't wonder if this turned out to be a Ducati Shootout, the Aprillia feels underpowered though, massively. I'll have to give the MV a round...

Looks like my kids will have baseball rained out tonight. I'll see if I can take you up on your callenge.

I haven't played TT in a while but what the hell, I'm outta school and I need something to do with my free time. I think I'll give it a shot and see what I can do.

hi all :D cool bikes, the italian exotica :cool: i used production (stickiest) tyres, and the sports pipe. same set up on the three bikes

if i'm supposed to be on standard tyres let me know, cos i didn't see tyres mentioned in the first post

anyways, here's my times

Ducati 999R - 1:43.546
Aprilia RSV Factory - 1:44.828
MV Agusta F41000S - 1:45.627

Since street bikes were designed for, street, my next series of challenges will target different categories of bikes on the street tracks, I'll post track challenges after the 3 street challeneges I have planned. Here's the first:

Machines built with style, show them, it's got plenty of speed too...

Track: Cote D' Azur
Bikes: Any Stock Exotic Bike
Tunning: Allowed/Racing Exhaust Allowed
Current Time: 1'45:395
Current Bike: Ducati 999R

I picked this track because it's quite technical, you have to link together various corners and there are a lot of good racing lines, though only a few will get you great times. Be extremely thoughtful of taking corners in this track, one bad entry can link 4 corners together for massive time loss...

Also, Ducati feels like the best of the Italian bikes, so I wouldn't wonder if this turned out to be a Ducati Shootout, the Aprillia feels underpowered though, massively. I'll have to give the MV a round...

You are right, Ducati is the best overall italian bike of the game.......but not always, it depends on what track you are challenging.
In this case, Montecarlo (Cote d'Azur) is the thoughest one, for his very low riding speed and some of the slowest corners ever, and here the key is agility and responsiveness.....so the Aprilia RSV can beat the 999R time maybe, because of its little more agility; MV F4 can't beat their lap times i think, too much heavy, it has more power, an optimum agility (only when you understand its particular chassis response) but too much weight.

Very interesting lap times from 750F-RM.....asap, when i will have some time i keep the challenge myself.
TT'll be back
:)

I managed to get 1'44:153 on the Duke, but the Aprillia feels kinda sluggish to me, I'll do my best on all three bikes and post the times, but out of curiousity, I decided to take Yamaha's R6, and found it quite easy to post 1:45s consitently... and the bike has an amazing agility compared to the Duke's bulky feel.

here are my pb for so far

1'44.390 MV Agusta
1'42.379 Ducati 999R
i'll test the aprilia next

P.S. replay can be shown for both thees times

Back