extra 3 cars 'trick'?

United Kingdom
Dudley
mattfeeder18
mattfeeder18
on my PAL version of GT3 (dont know whether the same applies on NTSC or other versions), starting the game in English allows you to win Vauxhalls (the Astra and Calibra Touring Cars) and buy them (only the VX220 but anyway). starting the game in any other language, like German, French, Spanish and one other if i remember rightly, only allows the Opel versions to be won and bought. the Vauxhalls cannot be won/bought in the other languages, and vice versa for Opels in the english version.

however, upon starting a new game today, i thought, "what about trading the cars?" i mean, would you be able to buy an Opel Speedster from a German GT3 Save, and trade it onto an English version? 💡 so i started a new game on my first memory card in English, and then a second on my other memory card in German. then i loaded up GT Concept and used the 'transfer 10,000,000 credits' thing to both game saves so i could buy the VX220 and Speedster. so thats what i did, then went on my English game and bought the Speedster from the German game. 👍

hey presto! :sly: as if by magic (well not really but) i had a VX220 and Speedster on my English game! i was just wondering whether im the only person who had done this to get the extra 3 Opels on an English version of GT3, 💡 or maybe im just slow and others had worked this out ages ago. :dunce: and also, is it the same on NTSC GT3s, as in Opels and Vauxhalls being sold dependant on what language you choose?

I live in North America so I only get one language :grumpy:. But I know in GT2 you could change the language in the PAL version and do both Opel & Vauxhall races...if you had a 1.2 version of the disc, your total after completing the game would be over 100%. 👍

Last edited:
I live in North America so i only get one language :grumpy:. But i know in GT2 you could change the language in the PAL version and do both Opel & Vauxhall races...if you had a 1.2 version of the disc, your total after completing the game would be over 100%. 👍
Explain, please. You have intrigued me.

I live in North America. More specifically in the United States. When you buy the NTSC version of GT2, you only get one language. From what I understand you get more than one language with the PAL (European) version of GT2.

So with the PAL version when you switch languages, Opels become Vauxhalls. You can therefore do the Opel races, switch languages and do the Vauxhall ones. If your total percent complete was 100% when you did the Opels, it should now be more (I think 100.2%) afterwards.

Last edited:
Back