F1 2002??

United States
St. Cloud, Florida
aracefan
Anyone get and/or play EA's F1 2002 yet?
If so please post some comments on it.
I have read and heard that they went the more "arcade" route with this version.??? :confused:

If anybody has any insight, please share. :) thanks

Originally posted by Simon Tibbett
I didnt know it was out yet

It came out yesterday and the software etc. here in town isn't going to get any. :mad:
I have store credit there and would rather use it than drop $50 bones at Best Buy and it not be a very good game.

A friend of mine picked up a copy of it, and yes it seems a bit more arcade oriented than in the past (and this has always been more arcade than sim :( ) I'm waiting for Grand Prix 4 in a few months, I think that will be the best F1 game we'll see in a while. :)

Is GP 4 for the PS2?
I thought it was for the X-Box only. :(
That would be awesome if it was for the Sony console as well.

Originally posted by barryf1fan
Is GP 4 for the PS2?
I thought it was for the X-Box only. :(
That would be awesome if it was for the Sony console as well.

Woops... Sorry about that, I lost myself in the forums. I was talking about the PC version of both games. In all honesty, from EA's track record and what I've seen of the F1 series on the PS2, I'd skip it and hope for something better.

Originally posted by Tom McDonnell

In all honesty, from EA's track record and what I've seen of the F1 series on the PS2, I'd skip it and hope for something better.

True. I liked F1 2001, but it got boring fairly quick. It wasn't that it was easy (not on simulation mode), just boring. I was hoping that F1 2002 would be over the top so to speak, but oh well! :(
Guess I'll play some more GT3 tonight.:P
Thanks for the info T.M. (aka Superman) ;)

I dont care about what great features this game offers and some of the very delicate touches that add that bit extra to it.
This game is not worth buying and the reason why is all you need to know about the game.

You will most likely want to play F1 2002 in simulation mode and man does the game get ugly from here on.
The controls are snappy, over-senstive (which you cannot change) and the game play is jerky to say the least.

This game is so frustrating to play, it was not worth the €70.
Forget it and get GP4 on the Xbox.

Back