F1 2019 Free Trial Now Available on PC, PS4 and XB1, Play Until March 18

Hopefully not just online trial, and why only for a week?

Because they want you to buy it.

Given that F1 this year is very much up in the air as to what races get cancelled, postponed, driven behind closed doors, etc, and the inclusion of new tracks, means that the Codies really do have their work cut out for them, meaning that the release date of F1 2020 is probably going to be pretty late this year.

In turn this means that the Codies still need to monetise last years offering, and giving a free trial period might encourage a few more people to part with their money when it comes to the end of the trial.

In any event I'm quite a fan of the game as it provides some of the best, if not the best, AI racing to be had, making it very immersive, and it's more sim than arcade despite what the "nose in the air" sim racing purists say.

Let me know when VR makes it to F1 2019.

If VR ever makes it to a Codie's F1 game then I'll eat the hair off my head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because they want you to buy it.

Given that F1 this year is very much up in the air as to what races get cancelled, postponed, driven behind closed doors, etc, and the inclusion of new tracks, means that the Codies really do have their work cut out for them, meaning that the release date of F1 2020 is probably going to be pretty late this year.

In turn this means that the Codies still need to monetise last years offering, and giving a free trial period might encourage a few more people to part with their money when it comes to the end of the trial.

In any event I'm quite a fan of the game as it provides some of the best, if not the best, AI racing to be had, making it very immersive, and it's more sim than arcade despite what the "nose in the air" sim racing purists say.
Yeah i understand but if they let the trial available indefinitely it would reach much more people it seems.
If they want to limit the use of it then maybe better just put a time limit on it like a few hours.
Edit: if you have 2018 too, how do you compare them? I don't know if you're on ps4 but i have 2018 and it could be smoother cleaner.

Yeah i understand but if they let the trial available indefinitely it would reach much more people it seems.
If they want to limit the use of it then maybe better just put a time limit on it like a few hours.
Edit: if you have 2018 too, how do you compare them? I don't know if you're on ps4 but i have 2018 and it could be smoother cleaner.

I'm on both PS4 and PC, and honestly if you're not bothered about the F2 aspect on 2019, and you're not bothered about up to date driver rosters, liveries and current tracks then stay with 2018, or 2017 even. The only real issue for me with 2018 on the PS4 is that the replays sucked big time - frame dropping, glitching etc.

I'm on both PS4 and PC, and honestly if you're not bothered about the F2 aspect on 2019, and you're not bothered about up to date driver rosters, liveries and current tracks then stay with 2018, or 2017 even. The only real issue for me with 2018 on the PS4 is that the replays sucked big time - frame dropping, glitching etc.
Yeah the replays have hiccups i noticed. Makes it less enjoyable for sure. Are they better in 2019 on ps4?
For the rest, as you said, i don't mind to be on 2018.

I'm still on 2017. Are the replays smooth on 2019? This is very important to me because I always watch them.

What time does it go free on ps4, not seeing it for free yet
Just choose demo from store page that’s what I did. Iirc it downloads the entire game which took a while even though I have 100Mbps internet. It then gave me full access to the Australian GP which I thought was pretty cool. I then bought the game at the sale price which unlocked the full game.

You can't just do free play in the trial? I don't care anything about doing a career even if I bought the entire game. I bought F1 2017 when they discounted it when F1 2018 came out just because I wanted a version without the halo. But I would be curious to see how different it is with the halo now.

You can't just do free play in the trial? I don't care anything about doing a career even if I bought the entire game. I bought F1 2017 when they discounted it when F1 2018 came out just because I wanted a version without the halo. But I would be curious to see how different it is with the halo now.

It didn’t seem that way. The only option was career or buy the game. Regarding the halo the first thing I did was check to see if there was an option to remove the halo bar and thankfully you can remove the vertical bar so your view isn’t blocked.

It's a 60GB download for 3 F2 scenarios and the Australian GP (all career mode). I thought it would be a few days access to the full game as though it was a trial rather than a demo.

There is the option to play the Australian GP before the entire download is complete on PS4. That’s what I based
my purchase decision off, I liked it so much I just went ahead and bought F1 2019 even though the career portion was available once the whole download had finished.

Advertising that free trial once again. I suspect it's still the same F2-Austrailian Grand Prix one yet again.

Currently on Trial the F1 in Australia...

I played #3 the Honeybadger, and I came away really impressed despite totally struggling against the AI @ 40.

It was even more intense than I expected but I very much enjoyed it.

Back