F1 2019 Now Available to Stream on PlayStation Now

be nice to see someone compare PS Now and Stadia, I may try the free 15day Trial over xmas, does anyone know if GT4 is on it?

F1 2019 is the only game from Codemasters I didnt buy, because I dont like the physics. I dont think the feedback is good because sometimes I spin and I had no idea it was coming (I can drive okay in other games. I am A+ in GT Sport). I really like Grid and Dirt so I dont know what is the problem in this one (and every F1 game since 2016). It is a big shame, because the game is great, but even the best driving game is useless when the physics are not good IMO. Give it a try if you have PS Now though :-)

be nice to see someone compare PS Now and Stadia, I may try the free 15day Trial over xmas, does anyone know if GT4 is on it?

Sadly GT4 is not on PS Now (or on PS2 Classics) :-( I play GT5 when I want GT4 experience. It has most cars and some tracks from GT4 anyway :-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gt5 is on psnow?Thats great

I am sorry that my comment sounded that way. I play it on my PS3. GT always have only the actual title available (or 2 during launch) because nobody is going to licence the cars, tracks and music again just for a re-release :-(

I am sorry that my comment sounded that way. I play it on my PS3. GT always have only the actual title available (or 2 during launch) because nobody is going to licence the cars, tracks and music again just for a re-release :-(
They did for Burnout Remastered it has the original soundtrack such a great game, PS4 is missing a Burnout game EA to busy thinking NFS is the be all and end all of arcade racers.

They did for Burnout Remastered it has the original soundtrack such a great game, PS4 is missing a Burnout game EA to busy thinking NFS is the be all and end all of arcade racers.

Yeah I have Burnout Paradise remastered. It is a different situation, because the city and cars are fictional, so they had to licence only the music, which is not a problem for EA and if a music track was missing, it wouldnt be a problem for the game. Missing a lot of cars and tracks would be much bigger problem in GT's case.

NFS is dead for me. I liked NFSHP2 nad NFS 4. Those were great :-) I looked at Heat but damn... During a day it is a ghost town :-D I didnt find a single appealing thing about that game.

F1 actually landed yesterday and it also is only available for one year from that date (convenient since it's a yearly updated game). Also PS Now is much better than it used to be (PS4 games downloadable). Also much more affordable, especially if bought yearly.

Last edited:
So now that we are able to download PS Now games - This deal of 7 days trial + 1 month is looking like a no brainer!

I could easily finish at least one of these games within 37 days:

- F1 2019!
- Uncharted 4
- God of War 4
- DiRT 4
- GTA V
- RIDE 3
+ More.

All these for 10€ only... So what's the catch?:rolleyes::odd:

----------------

Wonder what if they did add GT5/6... Should i expect compatibility for wheels that normally doesn't even work on PS3?
(using Fanatec's G29 emulation mode)
Sold Uncharted 4 and God of War 4

What mode is that?
Purple mode & from my understanding, games detect it as G29.
I recall reading somewhere "emulation mode", but i could be wrong.

P.S It seems that UC4 & GoW are only available this month... Need to hurry.

You can now download PS4 games straight to your PS4 with PSNow so don't even have to stream it, if you don't want.

PS Now has potential, but I feel like there's a tonne of good games missing from the catalogue.

If they added more PS2 titles, I would definitely consider this.

Purple mode & from my understanding, games detect it as G29.
I recall reading somewhere "emulation mode", but i could be wrong.

P.S It seems that UC4 & GoW are only available this month... Need to hurry.

Gotcha. Yeah, you are right, that's the "compatibility mode". The wheel is presenting itself as a Fanatec CSW V2 in that mode.

The wheel is presenting itself as a Fanatec CSW V2 in that mode.
Wait, but isn't the yellow mode supposed to represent CSW?
My PS4 recognize only blue and purple...
Purple is for older games, without proper Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 support(?)

Wait, but isn't the yellow mode supposed to represent CSW?
My PS4 recognize only blue and purple...
Purple is for older games, without proper Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 support(?)

What yellow mode? Are you taking about green? the Xbox compatibility? That mode will only work when using an Xbox compatible rim. yes, the wheel will also present as a CSW in that mode as well.

On PS4 there is only blue (ps4 mode) and purple (compatibility mode). Compatibility mode presents as a CSW V2. How the game presents the wheel is up to the game, but the G29 is a different manufacturer so obviously Fanatec cannot present their wheel as a G29 in any mode. It doesn’t have the same electronics, etc.

What yellow mode? Are you talking about green?
Yellow mode; the one and only CSW mode...
When my CSL is connected to PS4, there's no green mode: only Blue, Yellow & Purple... (In that exact order)

If none of the PS4 games support CSW 2.0 - Why would the wheel present as one? I don't get it.

All the games i've tried detect it as a Logitech wheel in purple mode.

Last edited:
Yellow mode; the one and only CSW mode...
When my CSL is connected to PS4, there's no green mode: only Blue, Yellow & Purple... (In that exact order)

If none of the PS4 games support CSW 2.0 - Why would the wheel present as one? I don't get it.

All the games i've tried detect it as a Logitech wheel in purple mode.

Again, games can do whatever they want but the wheel will never present itself as a G29 because it is a Fanatec product, not a Logitech wheel. lol I’ve never heard of a yellow light mode in all the years I owned a CSL Elite. To be fair, I have a DD1 now so maybe that’s new? It was only ever blue or purple for ps4. Red for PC. Green will only show up as an option when using a wheel compatible with Xbox.

Again, games can do whatever they want but the wheel will never present itself as a G29 because it is a Fanatec product, not a Logitech wheel.
If that's the case; why don't games detect it as a CSL Elite in both modes? Even supported games detect it as a G29 - Isn't that what emulation is?
There are already products like GIMX & DriveHub, so i wouldn't say it's impossible for Fanatec... HDCP can be bypassed with simple HDMI-splitter.

^ Also G29 compatibility-/emulation mode is commonly used term in this thread, nearly on every page.
But it's unofficial discussion so maybe the community just sticked to it.

Last edited:
Sure, dude.
Please explain why games recognize it as a G29, instead of CSL Elite Ps4?

If all newer, officially supported games detect the wheel as two different products; isn't it pretty obviously emulating Logitech G29? :dunce::odd:💡

:lol::lol:

Last edited:
Back