F1 2019 Will Let Players Relive the Senna/Prost Rivalry

Promising game mode but it still falls short of the kind of narrative driven off line game modes that I'd want to see in racing games. It would be amazing if you picked one perspective, starting in the kart circuit in either France or Brazil, with the Senna path going through Formula 3 before they coincide into Formula 1 races. I'm still on the fence if I would want mission progress to occur via condition goals (where you have to match the real history of what happened) or where you could rewrite history via your own results.

I'm probably too idealistic though. If I had my way they would produce an entire documentary series worth of historical content and then seamlessly integrate interviews and actual race footage into the gameplay progression. Oh well.

Promising game mode but it still falls short of the kind of narrative driven off line game modes that I'd want to see in racing games. It would be amazing if you picked one perspective, starting in the kart circuit in either France or Brazil, with the Senna path going through Formula 3 before they coincide into Formula 1 races. I'm still on the fence if I would want mission progress to occur via condition goals (where you have to match the real history of what happened) or where you could rewrite history via your own results.

I'm probably too idealistic though. If I had my way they would produce an entire documentary series worth of historical content and then seamlessly integrate interviews and actual race footage into the gameplay progression. Oh well.

That's what I want too. Wasn't Rieza supposed to do something like that?

They’ll join “many” of the classic cars from F1 2018 — which suggests that not all of the vintage models will return, sadly.

Didn't notice this when I read the Blog post yesterday. Hopefully not one of the most famous

I mean, it seems a little early to state definitively this falls short when we haven't actually seen it yet. :P

That said, an approach like that would be insanely cool. The closest parallel I can think of is NBA 2K11 with its Jordan Challenge mode. That put players into historic games and tasked them with matching or beating Jordan's own performance. As a sort of interactive history lesson, I think that'd be a great draw for racing games in general. 👍

I'm from Brazil and I grew up as a kid watching that F1 80's early 90's era.

And it kinda makes me down how Nelson Piquet (3 times world champion just as Senna) is soooo overlooked. Even in a F1 game Senna gets to throw this big shadow over Piquet.

It bugs me Piquet doesn't get much kudos as Senna.

*crashes into Senna on purpose knowing corrupt as hell daddy Bellestre will cheat Senna out of the championship*
Crashes into Prost on purpose to steal championship as payback for12 months earlier when robbed of it himself - even as it turned out he wouldn't have won anyway...

With Prost and Senna I would find it a missed opportunity if there aren't any classic tracks. Jerez, Brands Hatch, Imola, Estoril, hope to see them back. They said they worked on the game for two years. Maybe it's the case because of the classic tracks? Tracks are heavily time expensive.

I fear this mode really isn't going to be fleshed out at all. Hopefully we'll see a lot more info on this but it wouldn't surprise me if it's literally just the 2 cars on modern tracks with no classic tracks and no cars/drivers from the same time. I hope I'm wrong.

Would love it if they announced Mansell, Berger etc too but I can't see it. I appreciate it probably costs a lot for licenses and such but they did it for F12013, with the exception of Senna ofc.

I fear this mode really isn't going to be fleshed out at all. Hopefully we'll see a lot more info on this but it wouldn't surprise me if it's literally just the 2 cars on modern tracks with no classic tracks and no cars/drivers from the same time. I hope I'm wrong.

Would love it if they announced Mansell, Berger etc too but I can't see it. I appreciate it probably costs a lot for licenses and such but they did it for F12013, with the exception of Senna ofc.

Well, if it's just some races with those two on modern tracks it would be more of a PR stunt. I really hope there is more than just these two driving on modern tracks. In F1 2018 one scenario let you drive a Lotus from the 70-ties on Baku....on BAKU.

Just to clarify if there was any confusion by "modern" tracks I meant tracks that were around back then but still on the calendar now.

However that would mean they'd be limited to what.... Interlagos, Monaco, Montreal, Silverstone, Hockenheim, Budapest, Spa, Monza and Suzuka? Which is 9. Half of those being heavily altered since 1990.

Hopefully we can get at the very least the old versions of these circuits, like they do in Project Cars.

As an aside to Ayrton Senna featuring. My wife is opening a Tea Room/Tea Shop at what use to be the Lotus F1 facility from 1970 onwards. The other day we found a picture of Ayrton in his Lotus days sitting outside the race office which is now my wife's Tea shop.

inCollage_20190506_165610088.jpg

Originals
IMG-20190501-WA0016.jpg

20190506_165126.jpg

Back