F1 2020 Revealed, Arrives July 10 for PS4, Xbox One, PC and Stadia

I've always wanted to like these games, but for some reason they've always been hard to get in to. It feels like an arcade game with a wheel.

Managing a team and not actually having to race does sound interesting depending on how it works, but gonna wait until this one goes in sale (or is free through psn).

Enjoy these titles a lot last years was a bit of a cynical cash in though, at least there are new tracks coming this year with Zandvoort, Sau Paulo & Hanoi. Interlagos and Hockenheim are a big miss this time though. Its fun playing the game during race weekends, it helps you understand the nuances of what going on track. Based on last years game pricing, I will wait until the January sale before picking it up, I don't mind paying £15 for 3 new tracks and a few graphical tweaks...

I bought F1 2019 to see what all the fuss is about. Although many sim racers dont like the game, it is very popular, we all know the reason, its an F1 game. But i havent been an F1 fan since the 90s and the game couldnt change that. Its a good game but it left me a bit cold. I only completed about 50% of my career season. And it has been the same with other F1 games in the past.

F1 just isnt for me, im not a fan of formula cars. Im a GT3 guy and i guess thats fine.

Enjoy these titles a lot last years was a bit of a cynical cash in though, at least there are new tracks coming this year with Zandvoort, Sau Paulo & Hanoi. Interlagos and Hockenheim are a big miss this time though. Its fun playing the game during race weekends, it helps you understand the nuances of what going on track. Based on last years game pricing, I will wait until the January sale before picking it up, I don't mind paying £15 for 3 new tracks and a few graphical tweaks...
Interlagos? It's still on the calendar. That's what Sau Paulo is.

at least there are new tracks coming this year with Zandvoort, Sau Paulo & Hanoi. Interlagos and Hockenheim are a big miss this time though.

I don't mind paying £15 for 3 new tracks

Technically there would only be 2 new circuits in the form of Hanoi and Zandvoort. Sao Paulo has been in F1 since the 70s and is on this year's calendar, I don't think they are planning to move to the Rio circuit (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mo...io-janeiro-track-layout-revealed/4393147/amp/) until possibly 2021 or 2022.

I got F1 2017 when it was on sale and as much as I like F1, not being able to just drive solo, which I think is their time attack, without a ghost car really turns me off because I hate ghost cars. I think the only way to not have a ghost car was to go into a full F1 weekend with a practice session etc. I really wish any driving game that has ghost cars would have an option to turn them off because it really messes with my concentration.

Taken from a product description page.

New My team mode - An immersive driving game, players can now create their own F1 team. - Create a driver, then choose a sponsor, an engine supplier, hire a teammate and compete as the 11th team on the grid. - Build facilities and develop the team over time and drive to the top.

I've always wanted to like these games, but for some reason they've always been hard to get in to. It feels like an arcade game with a wheel.

Managing a team and not actually having to race does sound interesting depending on how it works, but gonna wait until this one goes in sale (or is free through psn).

F1 games may like or not, but are everything except arcade, you have all kind of settings in the games. About the wheel I don't know which one you use, if you use, but F1 games must be played with F1 wheel ( fanatec or Thrustmaster ), with all the rest will never be the same.

I hope they some day (year) get around to extending their car rooster all the way back to the 60s and 50s, as classic cars are the only thing interesting about this game for me. Or, even better, extend their track rooster to classic circuits! (Old-Hockenheim, loop-Monza and Silverstone are a blast and old-Spa is flat out insane on Project Cars 2). But, alas, even all that would be hampered by all the annoying cut-scene and managing hoopla this game insist on coming with.

I got F1 2017 when it was on sale and as much as I like F1, not being able to just drive solo, which I think is their time attack, without a ghost car really turns me off because I hate ghost cars. I think the only way to not have a ghost car was to go into a full F1 weekend with a practice session etc. I really wish any driving game that has ghost cars would have an option to turn them off because it really messes with my concentration.
In F1 2019 you can turn off ghost cars in the pause menu in time trial. Pretty sure you could also do this in older versions of the game.

I’m definitely buying this. The F1 games have the best and most in-depth single player career mode content of all the racers available.
The AI was so good in F1 2019 as well so hopefully that will carry over.
The new mode and a full F2 season season into F1 career plus Schumacher's Benetton B194 makes this a day 1 purchase for me.

I hope they some day (year) get around to extending their car rooster all the way back to the 60s and 50s, as classic cars are the only thing interesting about this game for me. Or, even better, extend their track rooster to classic circuits! (Old-Hockenheim, loop-Monza and Silverstone are a blast and old-Spa is flat out insane on Project Cars 2). But, alas, even all that would be hampered by all the annoying cut-scene and managing hoopla this game insist on coming with.
I would love to see an F1 generations game, that picked 4 or 5 seasons from the 60s through to the 00s to do the full calendar of circuits. You would get to experience the development of cars and circuits over time.

If the right years were picked, you could reuse many track. As long as they got 4 main unique constructors in each season, they could fill out the grid with authentic looking liveries.

Now that Codemasters owns SMS, they could get SMS to work on it. They already have some experience with this on PCars and Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends.

Do they still keep tracks like Sepang that were in older F1 games in this one? New tracks like Zandvoort are nice but not if it comes at the cost of tracks already in F1 2019.

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Andrew Evans (@Famine) on April 15th, 2020 in the F1 2020 category.

not sure you will find many players in lobby’s on the stadia hahah. Im still amazed this got announced with what’s going on and still can’t believe it’s coming to this generation of console, I thought F1 2019 was packed and pushing the consoles already. But very excited and awesome that it’s a Schumacher edition too.

I know Codies gets a lot of 🤬 but it’s good to see a racing game come out earlier in the season. Never understood why F1 and Nascar would come out in September when the season is wrapping up versus when season starts.

I say this every year and buy it anyway, but I think I'm going to skip this one. My interest in playing this game has diminished a lot over the years. In 2019 I didn't even complete my first season in career, and only did a few online races before I got tired of the bad driving and lag. Something about this game just puts me off, which is weird because F1 is my favorite motorsport.

Back