F1 '23 - General Discussion

Yeah I fear the stuff about WRC23 being 'ready to launch' was probably BS sadly. That's the one I'm looking forward to the most as well, by far.

As predicted, earlier launch than usual (if true of course).

This likely means we won't see WRC until July at the earliest then. Can't see them promoting and launching 2 racing games at the same time and I doubt we'll see WRC in May now.
Same guy said that new info regarding WRC is coming soon.
Really looking forward to the release.

Last edited:
Yeah I fear the stuff about WRC23 being 'ready to launch' was probably BS sadly. That's the one I'm looking forward to the most as well, by far.
I think it's probably true but ready to launch doesn't mean imminent launch. It's a busy period of releases for EA Sports at the moment and EA as a whole, marketing budget, launch timing etc is all critical.

The good bit of that being ready to launch is as soon as they nail a window, it will hit that and go. But with PGA Tour having just launched, Star Wars this week, F1 in June. If WRC isn't May then it'll be July, and May is a long shot unless they do plan to spring the release on us and fire it out with a couple weeks notice.

Taken from Insider Gaming, take with a pinch of salt naturally.

F1 23 is coming this summer from EA Sports and Codemasters, and Insider Gaming has some exclusive first details about the annual racing title.

One of the largest new additions that Insider Gaming can confirm is the introduction of F1 World, which encompasses all online aspects of the game.

Also coming to the game this year is a new car upgrade system that sees players earn parts to change their vehicle’s attributes.

These upgrades, Insider Gaming sources say, can be earned through challenges and by winning races and meeting win conditions. Car performance in this mode will be labeled as “Tech Points”.

As you play, there will be strategists and sponsors that you contract out in order to benefit your team. As you race and complete challenges, you’ll earn money, tech points, and expertise. If you happen to get parts you don’t want to use, you can salvage them for extra money or expertise.

What Else Can You Expect From F1 23?​

With modes, it’s been told to Insider Gaming that Braking Point is returning after a year off. The narrative-driven story mode made its debut in F1 21 before being removed in the first F1 game under the EA Sports umbrella.

Supercars, which made their debut in F1 22, remain in the game. However, it doesn’t appear that there are any additions to the feature. What won’t return this year are classic cars.

For those that want more customization of the look of your car, unfortunately, F1 23 won’t include a livery customizer. That said, the liveries available this year are much more professional and realistic looking.

On the circuit, players will notice an overhauled HUD and OSD presentation geared more toward F1 TV broadcasts. Speaking of circuits, Las Vegas appears as though it will be available to players at launch along with Qatar. Both Portimao and China also remain in the game’s files as of writing.

From a racing perspective, F1 23 introduces a new license system that will reward drivers for clean driving as well as for playing with fewer assists. It’s a more dynamic system that will adjust as you become more comfortable with the game.

There is also a new boost feature, though Insider Gaming wasn’t able to confirm exactly what that entails.

Lastly, F1 23 will have two prelaunch closed betas/playtests. The first will take place April 28-May 1 with the other happening May 19-22.
Good points, new tracks at launch, should be a given but you just never know, TV influenced broadcast style.

Bad points. Tech points sounds awful, earning parts to keep or scrap sounds like a terrible system and another addition to promote MTX, if these tech points can be bought with real money then that's pretty sketchy. Still no livery editor, I don't care how realistic the few liveries we get given will be, it's just rubbish. Dynamic license sounds ok, but it is penalising players for using assists which isn't very inclusive. We don't know what boost feature is but it sounds like something no-one has asked for.

Last edited:
Taken from Insider Gaming, take with a pinch of salt naturally.

Good points, new tracks at launch, should be a given but you just never know, TV influenced broadcast style.

Bad points. Tech points sounds awful, earning parts to keep or scrap sounds like a terrible system and another addition to promote MTX, if these tech points can be bought with real money then that's pretty sketchy. Still no livery editor, I don't care how realistic the few liveries we get given will be, it's just rubbish. Dynamic license sounds ok, but it is penalising players for using assists which isn't very inclusive. We don't know what boost feature is but it sounds like something no-one has asked for.
I'm a little surprised to see Las Vegas at launch as I figured that might be later addition a few weeks after launch. Also pleasantly surprised that Portimao is still included even though they haven't raced there since '21.

I'm also assuming that the revised Barcelona layout will be in the game. I watched the European LeMans series race there this past weekend and now that track looks to have a much better flow with the elimination of that last chicane. I would love it if ACC would change their Barcelona layout but I doubt that will happen since they haven't changed Zandvoort to the current layout either.

Dynamic license sounds ok, but it is penalising players for using assists which isn't very inclusive.
It doesn't seem clear what it actually relates to in game, online of offline? How does it affect the game or reward those using fewer assists? In what sense, matchmaking then fair enough but with bonuses or something else? I don't get it yet.
Also pleasantly surprised that Portimao is still included even though they haven't raced there since '21.

Thinking this may be a part of Braking Point similiar to the way China was still present in 2021 as it was raced in the mode.
I would love it if ACC would change their Barcelona layout but I doubt that will happen since they haven't changed Zandvoort to the current layout either.
I wouldn't be surprised if they are waiting to gauge these updates with a DLC once there's enough for them to bundle together.

---

The TV style presentation has caught my interest, lord knows I'm sick of the HUD they have had the last few years, they've not improved in this area at all since they turned the car dots from white to team colours on the map (years after this should have happened really but it's a small gripe).

I don't know if they ever changed it in the last couple of outings but you couldn't even ask the engineer who is winning the race, you would have to pause, go into Race Director, and see the standings there. Stupid.

So I'm definitely wondering how deep this will go as it has the opportunity to increase immersion in a big way if done right and a step towards F1 06 era broadcast style is taken.

Last edited:
Some alleged F1 '23 footage has made it's way to Twitter.

Difficult to take much from it, cars look to ride the kerbs better and the turn in looks sharper, both of which are good things IMO.

I wonder if the curb physics will still be tied to the frame rate? All the pros ran at 60 fps for this reason iirc.

Seems like more of the same but I'm all for rewarding players for using less assists though. A player using tc and abs is just not working as hard as the player without those assists, especially if they are on a wheel.

Last edited:
If the turn-in is a bit sharper, that’s good news. I don’t think F1 22 is awful or anything, they just got the handling less right than in previous years. Stale, predictable, unexciting, by-numbers yes, but not terrible. Terrible was F1’98. Imagine if that came out today.

Trailer.

Preorder bonuses, XP boosts, double XP, extra pitcoin, time limited items, vanity items. I kid of fear for the progression system in this game.

Last edited:

Trailer.

Preorder bonuses, XP boosts, double XP, extra pitcoin, time limited items, vanity items. I kid of fear for the progression system in this game.

I'm probably going to preorder the regular version just to have it on the first day but the bonus stuff doesn't interest me at all. I was hoping to get a better look at the Las Vegas track in the trailer but I guess that will be coming in the next few weeks.

So I gotta question about the new video EA just posted for F1 23, did I see what looked like a female driver model in the game or was that just one of the supporting characters in the Breaking Point story mode?

Ngl I am tempted to get it this year as I skipped F1 22 but if that Supercars nonsense is back again I will skip it again but defo interested if we can have a female F1 driver on the grid but I may be dreaming too much there...

So I gotta question about the new video EA just posted for F1 23, did I see what looked like a female driver model in the game or was that just one of the supporting characters in the Breaking Point story mode?

Ngl I am tempted to get it this year as I skipped F1 22 but if that Supercars nonsense is back again I will skip it again but defo interested if we can have a female F1 driver on the grid but I may be dreaming too much there...
It's not clear who she is, although there's some chatter she's Devon's sister...

1683147366515.png

I appreciate you have to keep pumping these out for the pre-release schedule but I'm curious what you actually think of this years title so far?

Lack of new engine and definitive move to current gen disappointing for you as well? Or are there tings you're looking forward to?

I was a hard pass but I'm honestly thinking of buying it just cos I haven't had a new F1 game experience in a few years now and miss the feeling. It's a shame I could never get into F1 manager as I figured that would fill the gap last year.

F1 23 Looks like F122 Manager idk why.
And the steering wheel dashboard looks arcadic.
And the wheel in my opinion look like the deafult F1 22 My team steering wheel.
But apart from that i am pretty excited for the braking point 2.
:grumpy:

Back