F1 Caption Game 2024 - Australia OPEN (and correct this time)Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 1,416 comments
1-austria-jpg.939087

Lando was enjoying the pre-race build up until he was gifted a custom blue flag from an "S. Pagenaud"

What about a front page story or some in site promotion? Caption wise there has been some absolute belters over the years and it's a shame that the entry list is lacking.

LN: What's my ping? Shouldn't be too bad, we're running on EU servers
Eng: My name is Jeff

Final entry

1-austria-jpg.939087

"And you'll see in the track notes that the course owners have laid some new kerb material down - mostly lava, from what we can see"

Final Entry

What about a front page story or some in site promotion? Caption wise there has been some absolute belters over the years and it's a shame that the entry list is lacking.
It's not necessarily something we'd run with an article about, but it's also rather problematic. The images used are fine in this context but very much not fine in an editorial context (short example, that image of Lando would cost £325 for us to use in the article; unless the image each week is free for editorial use, we're hosed).

In principle there's no need - we could sling it out in the newsletter (there's one every day), and the next update to GTP has some functionality that might be relevant.

Also:
"Wait, these stats from Twitch say Charles got more viewers than me?"

Round Two - Styria
upload_2020-7-13_10-24-5.png

2 Styria.jpg

Entries by Saturday 18th July 1000BST - please mark your final entry appropriately, and remember that you cannot change it once it has been marked.

Please read the full rules available here before entering.

2-styria-jpg.940167

Off screen Christian Horner: "Max, you don't actually have to push down on the wing yourself to make the downforce..."

Final Entry.

I'll try to be a regular to keep the numbers up!

"That reminds me, I need some new heads for my Gillette razor."

"Christian, I think I found out why we were so slow, there's some debris from the Ferraris stuck under the car!"

Keep going Seb, if you make a really good job of polishing that undertray they might let you be the reserve driver next year.

Round One Results - Austria
1: Touring Mars - 6 votes (25 pts)
2=: XJ40, Famine - 3 votes (17 pts)
4=: Jimlaad43, Pupik - 2 votes (11 pts)
6=: NotThePrez, dlshearon - 1 votes (7 pts)
1-austria-jpg.939087

LN: This year's schedule looks a bit short...
Tech: It is, but all races matter.
LN: Yeh, so Lewis keeps saying...

Standings

1: Touring Mars - 25 pts
2=: XJ40, Famine - 17 pts
4=: Jimlaad43, Pupik - 11 pts
6=: NotThePrez, dlshearon - 7 pts

Please can everyone who entered a caption remember to vote, those numbers were quite low.

Last edited:
Round Three - Hungary

Hungary.png

3 Hungary.jpg

Entries by Saturday 24th July 1000BST - please mark your final entry appropriately, and remember that you cannot change it once it has been marked.

Please read the full rules available here before entering.

Please vote for the best caption from the Styrian Grand Prix. I might have to start enforcing the "no points if you don't vote" rule if this carries on.

3-hungary-jpg.942306

"Nobody cared 'oo I was until I put on ze- will you get zat away from my head? I am trying to record le big villain moment for ze Netfleex!"

Final Entry.

Back